Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi, I'm Cubeboy007 Just introducing myself

3 years ago
Just a beginning writer, looking to start with some choose your own to get a feel for writing. I'm 12 so be easy on me. If you know a good story for younger people let me know, my Dad's on hear with me so, he'll also be checking things out.

3 years ago

Even if you are a beginning writer, you shouldn't ask for people to go easy on you. Constructive criticism is how you learn to become a better writer. 

3 years ago
What stargirl said.
It’s more or less a bit harsh in here, you write well in either a story game or the forums, you get congratulated, commended, and are smiled upon.

If you don’t write well, that’s okay too. Just note that criticism will be put out with very little sugar coating, but they will be honest, helpful words.

The largest piece of advice I have right now, seeing your age and the fact that your dad is here, is to stay off the forums unless you have a piece of writing to share. I’ve lost count of how many threads consisting of “hey I’m bored let’s talk” or “wondering who else is doing/playing XXX” threads we had to delete.

Good luck, and hope you have fun here :)

3 years ago

Hi Cube Boy. While there are quite a few younger people on the site, I would advise that it isn't exactly "child friendly". I'd say always check the age rating for any games you read, and probably best to avoid the forums all together since there is a lot of strong language that probably wouldn't be suitable for a 12 year old.

That aside, hope you enjoy the site. ^_^

3 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here

3 years ago
We don't censor for language here, so maybe don't read the forum while your dad is right there lol. As for stories, maybe you'd like Creatures of the Snow?

3 years ago
Howdy~