Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

A total and complete lack of talent

2 years ago
All right, it's going well!
Once I figure out how to create a 2nd page, there will be no stopping me!

2 years ago
alt+f4 is the keyboard shortcut you're looking for

2 years ago
That kid who got banned and created alts came here because even a 10 year old can write better than this gibberish, possibly an example of the worst writing ever to exist, ever:

""Not so, my master. I believe Miss Apples is creating her first lich today, using the courtyards' darkstone."

"Ooh, a lich. I do enjoy the pretty light shows from lich awakenings. Let us watch from a respectable area." End snapped his fingers again, and he appeared beyond the columnade of the courtyard with several onlooking maids and servants.

I understand the total and complete lack of talent that has prevented you from creating a single game in 7 years, and I feel pity for you, but please don't troll me. I may be a terrible writer myself, but I get paid a lot of money to be an award-winning editor, and I'm tempted to make it my life's work to correctly point out errors in every sentence you ever write, since you went out of your way to be an unhelpful asshole. Though I probably won't, as idiots will die idiots, and I try never to lower myself down to the level of internet assholes; you're not worth it and will die alone and unloved.

Ok, so you're an unhelpful asshole. But it got me researching for myself, and I found this:
https://chooseyourstory.com/help/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=3

The following is first-draft prototyping without the sensory information. It is still better than anything you can write, child:

====================================================
You are Emma, a divorced woman who is currently between jobs, lovers, residences (currently sleeping on the living room couch of your ever-patient younger sister) diet and exercise routines. . . and pretty much all the other trappings of modern life.

Having nothing better to do, you decide to take a walk along the seashore. It is a crisp but not yet cold September day, early enough that it is probably still the morning, but as you've given up alarm clocks, watches and even looking much at your cell phone . . . well, you really have no idea.

You're not sure if you even care. But you might.
1) Pull your old iPhone-7 cell phone (did you remember to thank Jane for paying the bill this month?) out of the back pocket of your cutoff jeans and give it a grudging glance, trying hard to not notice the complete lack of calls and text messages.

2) Continue to stroll along the beach without concern as to the time of day. You were a Girl Scout. You can look up and estimate by how much moss is on the north side of the sun, or something.
Looking at the time
Unconcerned by Patriarchal Chronological Distinctions

2 years ago
alt+f4 is the keyboard shortcut you're looking for

2 years ago
Now I'm curious. What is an award-winning editor? Do I need to think of some kind of Oscars for editing?

2 years ago
It sits on my mantel over the bookcase behind a cup filled with pens, a square of rubber bands and paper clips, and a flag. I'm tempted to do something useful with it like make it a paperweight, but I haven't thought about it in years and won't remember it tomorrow.

As you yourself inferred, unless you're an actor, no one gives a crap about the accolades you achieved yesterday or a decade ago, and people just want to know what you can do for them today.

2 years ago
That's pretty cool. You don't need to immediately and bitterly dismiss it. Even if no one gives a crap about your achievements, you can give a damn yourself. And that's worth enough.

2 years ago
This was the best birthday present Ford could have possibly received.

2 years ago

Lame.

2 years ago
She told me she was going to be ignoring any of my writing advice, then messaged me this exact same thing she'd already posted.

This was after making the rounds spamming all the mods about Ford.

Sometimes these noobs just confuse me. Pretty sure we've all met this one before though.

2 years ago

What exactly was she spamming to the mods? I wanna see!

Also, what was it that she messaged you? That same mini clip of her story game that she's already posted on two separate threads? (Not sure why she'd message you that when she plans on ignoring your feedback.) Or was it her rant on how Ford is the worst writer in the world because lichs are lame or whatever her issue was?

2 years ago
Just a copy and pasted message wanting to know why Ford was allowed to stay on the site given he was "always" trolling and never contributed anything (their one interaction showed her this), which she sent to every mod.

Except for Malk, who confessed to being on the take.

I answered with the obvious Palpatine quote, got told this now proved to her she should ignore any future editing and writing advice from me....then, yeah, she sent me the same tiny blurb that was already posted twice, as part of the same message, and asked for my opinion.

I have to give some credit to this one though, it's so rare to see real trolls anymore, even when they slip and become too obvious. There's so much more to it than just yelling that all the mods are faggots, I'm not sure how many kids these days really appreciate the layers.

2 years ago

Well, originally I just thought she was being a nuisance, but since she's so passionate about the subject I think it's only fair that the mods take the possibility of banning Ford into consideration... Or at least an annual "Lets all be dicks to Ford day". That sounds fun. ^_^

2 years ago
You missed it by a hair. Lets-all-be-dicks-to-Ford day was 2 days ago now.

2 years ago
Damn it. >.<

2 years ago
It was right there on his exp page. You can't expect other people to pay attention for you, gosh.

2 years ago
They give out editing awards? That's fucky.

2 years ago

Claims to be an award-winning editor, yet her story description says

I lack any real knowledge of writing, editing, game design or ....

and makes multiple grammatical errors on a post calling out someone else for the same. Did you perchance receive your award from an elementary school teacher?

2 years ago
Given the reaction, I can only assume she hit Alt+f4 dozens of times and lost an entire novel's worth of pages before she realized what was happening.

2 years ago

I wonder who that kid who got banned and created alts is... Not Autumn, surely, because that kid couldn't proof read for shit, and Autumn is an award winning editor. ^_^

Edit: My mistake. An award winning editor that lacks any real knowledge of editing.

2 years ago
It's a power abuse perhaps, but this particular troll has been so annoying that last night I gave Ford temporary access to her account to use a script that installed a virus called System32 on her computer.

It's basically passive so it's not like it will hurt anything, but as long as she doesn't delete it we'll be able to track her activity on the site including any future accounts.

2 years ago
That sure sounds useful. ^_^

2 years ago
I must say, that actually is a clever name for a virus.

2 years ago
Ace has had System32 on his computer before, and with Ford walking him through it he almost was able to remove it completely.

Unfortunately it had been on there cyber-morphing so long it was completely bit-locked into the OS, so no matter how fast he typed the green text, Windows would virtualize him right out of there with data blockers.

Ace had trouble starting his computer after that.

(But Ace is also an idiot.)