Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Greetings!

2 years ago
Hello folks, my name is a Michael and I've been exploring the stories on this site on and off after someone linked one of Endmaster's games from the Intfiction board, and I decided to go ahead and make an account after Mizal invited me.

I've had a long time on again, off again relationship with interactive fiction of all kinds, reignited last year with all the extra time I had due to covid. I'm trying to get at least slightly involved in a few communities now to hopefully keep my interest going as things pick up again at work and I'm back to spending a lot of time on the road.

I found the Intfiction site to be a very welcoming place with people happy to share useful resources with new authors, but I like the more casual atmosphere here too! It reminds me of better days when the internet was a place just to hang out and have fun and no one took anything too seriously.

I guess you can call me a long time fan of Endmaster's too as I read Necromancer on Infinite Story many moons ago before I ever knew about the rest of the IF world. I have a thing for villain protagonists and I've been happy to see there's some really good material of that nature here.

My activity here will need sporadic by necessity, but I'm going to try and release a small game or two eventually. I don't have a lot of confidence in my writing but you all seem welcoming to amateurs, and I love the level of constructive feedback I've seen on some of these games.

Greetings!

2 years ago
Oh hey there, glad you made it over!

I already showed you the site extension and you seem smart enough not to do anything dumb, so I'll just hope to see you around the site now and then. Let us if you any questions, and have fun!

And yes, Villains are quite popular here, we even make them into mods.

Greetings!

2 years ago
*mizal

Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here. There is lots to read here, that's for sure, so feel free to join in at your pace!

Greetings!

2 years ago

Got a lot of dark gray anti-heroes as well.

Anyway working on a story with 3 female villain protagonists. Hopefully it will be done soon.

Feel free to explore.

Greetings!

2 years ago

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Greetings!

2 years ago
Welcome! I hope you have fun here :)

Greetings!

2 years ago
"and you seem smart enough not to do anything dumb"

Haha, don't ever let my wife hear you say that.

Thanks for the welcome all! I'll try to remember to exit lurk mode now and then and do something useful.