Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Newbie here

16 days ago
Hello! I'm an heterosexual (debatable) spaghetti-lover, i've been lurking around this site for a couple years now and finally decided to get out of the shadows.
I'm considering if i should throw myself head on in the crisis contest, i still don't know the consequences of being shamed.

Newbie here

16 days ago

Think about normal shame, it acts to dissuade bad behaviour. Here, the bad behaviour is declaring intent to enter (and to produce something) before failing to do so. To help motivate you, you are promised to be shamed if you fail to submit something.

Obviously you should try to avoid this, but getting shamed once is hardly the end of the world. You'll get thrown into the SHAME pit, but there is potential to get out!

Here is the pit: https://chooseyourstory.com/forums/writing-workshop/message/28494

To get out, just enter another contest later and actually submit something.

Now, if you get shamed while in the SHAME pit, you'll go down deeper, and if you get shamed THREE times, you'll be banned from future site contests.

TL;DR
Don't worry about the consequences, you should totally enter because it is a cool contest and a great way to get your name out into the community! Worst possible outcome is extra motivation to enter more contests!

Newbie here

15 days ago

>heterosexual

Don't you know what month it is??

Newbie here

15 days ago

Well, i said debatable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Newbie here

15 days ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here

Newbie here

15 days ago

Welcome to the jungle

Newbie here

13 days ago

Welcome! I am also heterosexual (debatable). 

Newbie here

11 days ago

I sighed up for the contest immensely after creating my account cause it sounded fun and I didn't know what the SHAME pit was. Lol XD