Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Totally Not a Roleplaying Game

2 years ago
So, I need something to get my writing flowing again in order to jump back into work on Legacy of Dracula's Castle. This will take the form of a Creative Corner Writing Exercise (not to be mistaken for an RPG) entitled -- Dungeons & Drag Queens.

Think of this post as an interest/sign up thread.

HOW IT WORKS
You play as the Flamboyant Drag Queen, Eileen Datway -- the ultra-glamorous headliner of the Hide & Seek Disco Cabaret -- on the eve of a Huge Pageant, when things suddenly go crazy and you find yourself thrown into a fantasy world of swords and sorcery! Can you survive the perils, maintain your dignity, and find a way back to the real world in time to win the big show?

THE COMPLICATION
Eileen Datway is just a tad bit schitzophrenic and does nothing without first consulting all the voices in her head.

That's where you come in. You are the voices in Eileen's head!

You can speak to her or each other and discuss the best course of action for her to take and she will generally do whatever has the most support.

It's like what I have done in the Creative Corner before, except that I will not be offering an A. B. C. type list of choices as I normally do. Instead, it is entirely up to the voices in Eileen's head to figure out and decide on all the choices.

So... Interested?

2 years ago
Sounds amazing!

I might miss sessions/actions due to low time, is that fine?

2 years ago
As it will be open to anyone posting (as a voice) at anytime, it won't be a problem at all.

I on the other hand, will only be updating it once every day or so.

2 years ago
Great to hear. Count me in!

2 years ago
Welcome back, Peng! How did you escape?

2 years ago
Well, after the school year started I was able to gain access to the school computer again, and CYS is unblocked for some reason(considering some discussions here, the school blocked wikipedia haha)

Not the best way, so I won't be too active, but I'm here!

2 years ago
I’ll take a place this sounds interesting.

2 years ago
Not sure how much I'll be able to participate, but I've seen games activities, they're always fun to watch.

2 years ago

Oh that's fun, count me in!!!

2 years ago

Sounds cool! I am definitely interested in participating, but like Peng I might miss some sessions because of school and other unavoidable time consuming tasks.

2 years ago

Yes, interested.

2 years ago
OK, so it looks like there would be enough posting between everyone to make this work.

2 years ago
I figure we should only have one (or at the most 2) of these type activities going on in Creative Corner at a time, so I am going to wait till after EndMaster's game, before doing this one.

I will bump this thread back up to the top when that point gets closer, but it will likely a few weeks to a month or two from now.

2 years ago
Both yours and Endmaster's don't require any kind of intensive input from players, yours is available for anyone who's got a moment and his is a pretty simple indication of the limited actions the game allows per encounter. And the Blacksmith game is low pressure enough it can just run in the background of any of them. (I'll get my post up after work tonight btw...)

Really I think you should run yours if you don't have any of your own time issues with that, since the other two are limited to a handful of players and some of our more occasional posters wandering through might like to participate in something.

2 years ago

You can run yours, since you said it was for you as well creatively. Shouldn't be an issue.

Plus I'm out of spots for Dark Sector now unless someone drops out.

2 years ago

I'm also going to be doing another game (Call to Adventure) with just Mara. Since I figure I might as well see how well I can run that one and see how complex it is to run it.

Also we can just pin all the games so they don't get buried. 

2 years ago
Hmm... Good points all. Also forgot we had a pinnie thing now.

2 years ago
So maybe I will start this sometime this week after all...

Stay tuned ;)

2 years ago

Interested, sign me up!

2 years ago
The game is afoot!

DUNGEONS & DRAG QUEENS