Non-threaded

Forums » The Parlor Room » Read Thread

Questions about a storygame? Thoughts on Eternal? Any other IF you're playing out there?

What are some of the best games on the site?

4 years ago

Hi everyone. Thank you all for being so friendly and welcoming me to the site.

I just wanted to ask you all, what are some of the best games on the site? Everyone says I should read some of the best games before I publish one of my own, so I was just wondering what all of your favorites are.

4 years ago

Do me a favor and click on this, then read all of the stories on there starting with Rogues, then read Read My Storygame or Die, then read Arkhan's Vengeance. If you prefer storygames rather than storygames, I can give you a separate list. 

4 years ago

Though inkeeper is a prequel to rouges so would it not bet better to start with it? Anyway necromancer is amazing as well. Read it before death song.

4 years ago

Yes, it’s a prequel. Prequels are normally meant to clear up some confusion about a story, and answer a few questions people may have. They also could be made when the maker of the original has run out of ideas, but I’m sure that would never happen. 

4 years ago

Well I mean inkeeper came first. While I have never read them when I read death song I was glad I read necro first. The payoff was much bigger 

4 years ago

Please capitalize the names of stories, and add periods to the end of your sentences. 

4 years ago
Innkeeper was written before Rogues.

It's really not necessary to read it either before or after getting into Rogues (which is one of Endmaster's best) but Innkeeper is good in its own right and I enjoy having a smaller scale, fairly realistic fantasy story amid all the larger than life epics.

4 years ago

I really don’t know these kinds of things, I wasn’t around (or paying attention) when EndMaster published Rogues. 

4 years ago
They both have publication dates, and Rogues is referred to as a "sequel" to Innkeeper in its description, while Innkeeper's does not mention Rogues at all.

4 years ago

They have publication dates? Wow, I really don’t pay attention to anything.

4 years ago

I really don’t know these kinds of things, I wasn’t around when EndMaster published Rogues. 

4 years ago

Could you recommend anything for storygames?

4 years ago

Read EndMaster's. As in, just fucking scroll down to find them.

4 years ago
He made a thread with a giant OP complaining about Eternal, the emphasis on games was an attempt at passive aggression.

4 years ago

>He made a thread with a giant OP complaining about Eternal, the emphasis on games was an attempt at passive aggression.

"Passive aggression"? Oh come on man, gimmie a break, I was just looking for recommendations.

Read his previous post, I only copypasted his own term.

The Broken God

14 days ago

Do me a favor and click on this, then read all of the stories on there starting with Rogues, then read Read My Storygame or Die, then read Arkhan's Vengeance. If you prefer storygames rather than storygames, I can give you a separate list.

4 years ago

My bad. Dungeon Stompage!, Delve, and Cows vs. Aliens are good.

4 years ago

It's cool, I should've been clearer myself probably.

Thanks for the recs.

4 years ago
Paradise Violated is a really good one that doesn't get recommended as often as it should be and can be read in a few hours. Ground Zero, which is longer, is also awesome.

4 years ago

I knew you were about to come in with your Paradise violated

4 years ago

Violated. And she has a good point, Paradise Violated is a good one. 

4 years ago

I never said she didn’t and did you just waste a post correcting my grammar? 

4 years ago

I never said she didn’t, comma, and did you just waste a post correcting my grammar? 

In fact, it actually would be better to make it two sentences. It simply flows better: I never said I didn’t. Did you just waste a post correcting my grammar? 

And to be honest, I have no idea what you mean by “wasting a post”. How can a post be wasted? 

I did, however, just correct your grammar again, and gave you a few tips that could help you. But at this point, I’m no longer helping you with your grammar on Killer Glare

4 years ago
Easy way is just to go to the main storygames page, that's the current featured stories and they range from the best games on the site to at the very least the best in their category. Just browse around according to the genre you prefer and if you particularly like a story, check out the author's profile because most likely they have more.

4 years ago

Thanks for the advice mizal. Do you have any favourite games on the site that you'd like to recommend?

4 years ago
Does anyone have some really good horror games to recommend. I've tried a few but they weren't really scary.

4 years ago

Have you read https://chooseyourstory.com/story/ciara's-game? I don't read horror but it is one of my favorites.

4 years ago

I still have the idea in mind to do the story “Father” with a female protagonist and attempt to do a more straight forward horror.

Dunno when I’ll get around to it though.

4 years ago

Ever read Love SICK?

E: Wait, never mind, it’s a romantic horror story.