Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

December Contest: Jack and Jill

6 years ago

Hey all, so I'm going to be completely honest - I haven't started writing yet. I felt like I should make a post since the thread's a requirement, but my midterms are next week and I don't even have time to breathe right now.

I chose prompt #6: "Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pail of water. But when they came down, Jack soon found that he and Jill had a daughter." I love new twists on fairy tales and nursery rhymes and all that stuff so I was happy when I saw this prompt.

My idea's to turn it into some sort of custody case. Not quite sure who the player would be. Perhaps one of the lawyers.

That's all I have for now. Can't be sure I'll make another post this week since I might not have anything written, but I'll do my best!

6 years ago
This sounds like a very fun prompt. You've still got 18 days, you can do this! You wouldn't want to end up in the pit, would you?

6 years ago
Hopefully once the finals are over you're planning on binging... writing, that is!

6 years ago
I guess it's unlikely since you've had so much work, but did you make any progress yet?
I'm no longer going to motivate people after this post, because I keep getting points and it's creepy.

6 years ago

Okay! Update! My computer's been on the fritz lately (because why wouldn't it be?) so I haven't even actually created the storygame yet (woohoo), but I have however mapped out the majority of the underlying storyline on paper.

Things I still have to do:

• Decide on the protagonist (most likely either Jack or a child protective services worker)
  • Choose a title
  • Actually write the whole shebang

I might update a little more often than twice a week from now on because, well, I haven't been doing that, so I'll try my best. Thanks to you guys for the support!

6 years ago

Update! In the past hour I've created my background picture, then modified it to fit all the website size requirements, and then struggled with learning how to script for a bit and finished scripting it. I have the story done, I just need to put all the words in now!

6 years ago

Update - I'm finished! Custody Case