Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Do any of you people art?

6 years ago

I'm curious to see how many people can art here. Show off your favorite artworks. 
And if you don't art, maybe recommend some of your favorite artists or just some stories here so I have a place to get started. Homo Perfectus and Ground Zero look awesome. 

Edit: Crap, wrong forum. Ehehehe, sorry. >_>' I think this goes in the Creative Corner if I'm not mistaken?

6 years ago

This does go in the Creative Corner. Maybe you could ask a mod to move it there?

6 years ago

There are/were plenty of people, probably 10, that do art here. Havacoman, Ryder, Tacocat, Myself, Malkalack, that one kid who did MSPaint stories, that other furfuck that quit, Ford, Aman, Negative and his alts. The people that CAN art are much fewer in number. About 4 or 5, not included in the members previously mentioned. Quiller, Morgan, Axiom, Hugsgoodbye, Endmaster. Just about every one of those people is gone except 2 artists and myself.

6 years ago

There was a lady on here a little bit(?) ago who SERIOUSLY did art, and boyo, was it great! She had pixel art and VN backgrounds? It seemed that her portfolio was impressive!

6 years ago

Oh, yeah, she left to work on her VN. Though now we all have reason to believe she's dead.

6 years ago

Axiom isn't even silently lurking in the Villain Lair anymore, so yeah she's probably dead.

EDIT: Nevermind, Mizal confirmed she's still alive.

6 years ago
Unfortunately she just came back. Really need to bury her deeper next time before we have the eulogy I guess.

6 years ago

I love to draw, although I wouldn't say I'm an artist quite yet! I'm goin' to nerd school for game arts, actually. I'm so excited, my heart could explode!

When I'm bored I like badly draw heavy-handed comics! I haven't updated in a century 'cos I'm lame and oddly busy, but I guess I'll stick a link anyway so you can all tell me I'm dumb and/or emo! 

Here's a bunch of doodles or something.

I actually was making a doodle page of CYS and now you've reminded me! One day I'll actually finish it.

6 years ago

Do stick figures count as art?

6 years ago
Depends on what they are doing.

6 years ago

I draw a bit. I'm working on a superhero comic at the moment, and have done commisions for people in the recent past. Here is some of my work:

http://i.imgur.com/lMi4AKm.png

http://i.imgur.com/1CxoEgT.png

http://i.imgur.com/bF20Q0x.png?

http://i.imgur.com/TDxBfQz.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZJC4av0.png

http://i.imgur.com/fyZSAX0.png?

6 years ago

Haha, those are pretty neat. 

6 years ago

I'm glad you find them entertaining.

6 years ago

BEARDOG IN A TANK

6 years ago
Oh look you came back. And you didn't even have to make a thread about it.

6 years ago

Thanks for noticing. And yeah, I didn't see the need for one.

6 years ago

Mine "I'm back y'all" thread was the Prompts. X'D

6 years ago

I knew this day would come, that one day my apprentice would return... Not with good tidings, but with a conquering army of cowboys and a tank.

6 years ago

Haha, I missed you too Sentsei.

The cowboy sketches are for a board game a friend and I are planing to create. At the very least, I'll be working on story writing and concept art.

6 years ago

Ooh! Boardgames? What a coincidence, I'm working on a boardgame too! Maybe we should trade boardgame advice.

6 years ago

I'd be open to that.

6 years ago
I am the best artist on here, just look at this! I drew this myself, without any help at all! Ok fine, it's not that good, and it would have been even worse without the help of the people from the Villain Lair. But at least it's something. Still good for a blindy! You can check out the program that I used for making this here.

6 years ago

Still better than Tim.

6 years ago
I dabble, sometimes even lowering my standards to filthy watercolours. Cba to post but have a thread somewhere that I'll update again when I'm not stressing over writing about Superheroes. PP is acrylic.

6 years ago
For those of us who in fact, don't art, yet still want art for our stories and things, I have recently discovered something interesting.

There's a tedious, poorly made, yet unhealthily addictive browser game with a cringe community (let's just call them Dragon Faggots), where it turns out there are maybe hundreds of amateur artists who don't value their time at all.

Some of them are bad, most are okayish, a few are fairly decent, all of them draw 1000x better than I do.

I'm still doing research but it really appears most of them will do anything within their skill level in exchange for fake pixel money that can be obtained for free, or at best for the RL equivalent of about $5.

Clearly, they're begging to be exploited and I will certainly do my part.

6 years ago

(Okay, so reading through this afterwards, I realize it's kinda rambly. I seem to be a bit more heated about the subject than I thought, so I apologize.)

There seems to be a lot of people who don't value their time and skills in the art industry. 
I mean, when I price something I base it off of estimated time it'll take and minimum wage (rounded to about $10 an hour, cause I'm still a student. Perhaps when I get a bit better, or when people are actually willing to pay more, I'll raise it a bit). Minimum wage is sorta there for a reason, a minimum standard to base the worth of your work off of. My parents work in a call center, and they get about $13 an hour. Anyone can do that with 2 - 3 weeks of training. Artists on the other hand require an intense knowledge of how things work, observations skills, hand eye coordination, imagination, supplies, and a whole lot of other things I'm probably forgetting that not everyone can do, requiring years and years of practicing and training to get to a decent level. And they offer their work like they're slave laborers. 
Working off minimum wage, I do things ranging from maybe $2.50 for a headshot sketch, to around $60 for fullbody, colors, shadows, effects, everything.
Sometimes if it's just a personal little thing that they'd like to see but isn't going to really be used for anything, then I don't really care much. I've done some requests or commissions for pennies just out of boredom, but made it clear what it was really worth when I was done. (Course that was before I decided to tackle a comic and storygame writing at the same time.)

I try not to do that too often though, cause the more people do that the less people value art in general and the less people will be willing to pay for something they consider pricey. 

I dunno. It's one thing if an artist is bored and just wanting something to do, another thing if they really think their time and years of experience are really worth that little.

6 years ago

I think it's less "I'm bored"/"I don't value my time" and more "I have no idea how the internet art business works and I'm really just basing my price system around something I want from this dragon game that looks like the Final Fantasy art team jizzed on BradinDvorak's face."

6 years ago
Holy shit I hate these people and genuinely want them to suffer IRL.

I need to figure out how to get art without having to look at their forum...

6 years ago

I'm willing to act as a medium for you, kind ma'am.