WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Message

Share your short stories, poems, collaborative works, original artwork and more.

IWT 13: The Resurrection

10 days ago

In an effort to kickstart Infinite Story's rotten heart, we're holding a contest over there.

If you want to join up, go over there and post in the thread. All the instructions are over there in the link provided.

https://forums.infinite-story.com/forum/creative-writing/25579-iwt-13-the-resurrection

10 days ago
Pointless points will be awarded to those who distinguish themselves.

No enemy force over there this time, we're just going to rush across the border and overwhelm a couple of napping mall cops or something.

I'll be entering, of course. Can't really do anything else.

9 days ago
How many times?

9 days ago
At least twice.

You see, ninjapitka is my secret alt.

9 days ago
Ninjapitka is Theo on CYS and Mizal on IS. Don't tell anyone though.

9 days ago
Interesting site, thanks for the link. I want to enter but then I'd have three stories to write.

8 days ago
I joined after all.

Do we need to make story threads?

8 days ago

No, I don't care about all that weird extra stuff Bucky does.

Just make sure you turn in a story before the deadline and you'll be fine.

8 days ago
Just want to make it clear to people who are still on the fence while being too lazy to click: the "contest" gives four months to write twenty pages on a very broad theme, and the only risk is in getting to experience the OG SHAME pit over on IS, not here.

8 days ago
Approximately 3 months. I believe Easter is April 12th.

8 days ago
Three months to write twenty pages then.

yesterday
I keep thinking how cool it would be if instead of the obvious vampires and necromancy someone did a more thoughtful and mature story based on the theme. Like a character overcoming alcoholism and reuniting with their estranged kids something.

But it's not gonna be me of course because generic fantasy is my element and I've got to keep it simple and also not gaf to ever finish a story at all.

yesterday

What about an alcoholic vampire reuniting with his broodlings he created decades ago?

yesterday

Remember that alcoholic vampires can only get drunk by feasting on the blood of victim who are themselves drunk.

23 hours ago
Ooh, that gives me an idea for a feeding scene involving an opium den. Thanks~

9 hours ago

Wasn't that a bit in Interviews with a Vampire or something? Freaking Lestat. I want that twink obliterated.