Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Anyone here has written a novel?

8 years ago
Does anyone here ever published a novel? English isn't my mother tongue, but I'm looking to write an English novel in the future. I'd like to know more on how authors do their novel and publish it.

8 years ago

I'm trying to get away from wattapad and write ones I've published on there in a better form to try to get on amazon,  Amazon has made things sooooooooo much for easier to self publish, all I really need to worry about is a cover, and actually stop procrastinating xD.

8 years ago
Are you thinking of self-publishing or traditional publishing. These are very, very different avenues...

8 years ago

I know that Quiller mentioned participation in NaNoWriMo, but I don't think he is a published author. He has also been absent for a few months.

Aside from him, I can't think of anyone else who may have experience writing legitimate novels.

8 years ago

I sure have!

"Does anyone here ever published a novel?"

Oh...

8 years ago

I think this goes in writers workshop. I think Morgan got published, although non-fiction.

8 years ago

Morgan came to mind too, but I thought someone had asked her that and she said she hadn't.

I've written articles for the blog of a published novelist, but I know that doesn't count.

8 years ago

I thought Ogre mentioned in one of Will's articles that he was a well known writer in real life and has published several works.

8 years ago

... Wait what? He's famous-ish?

8 years ago
Maybe famous in my own mind!

I haven't had a novel published. I've got a couple in the works, but nowhere near done. I have had a good number of articles (non-fiction) published in a number of different types of magazines from technical computer articles to education to renaissance festival interviews.

8 years ago
So you're famous! Can I get your autograph?

8 years ago
That's be $1.50, please. ;)

8 years ago
You know I don't have that much money. Besides, if you start asking that for every autograph you will not only be famous but also rich.

8 years ago

I haven't (obviously), but my grandma has three books on Amazon. I would love to publish a novel/short story in the future, but I think I have four years before I'm really old enough to write well enough that it'd get published.

8 years ago

Oh my God, she's an Erin Hunter, isn't she?

8 years ago

Thankfully, no. Her books do have the same target audience (pre-teens), however.

8 years ago
Can I get a link?

8 years ago

Linky to the Amazon page of one of her books. I probably wouldn't read what she writes, though. Waaaay different than what I like to read.

8 years ago
Definitely aimed at a younger audience. Still, interesting.

8 years ago

She has the most crazed look in her eye. 

8 years ago
Look at that face. Shoulda used her in the Psycho remake; it might have made up for the Danny Elfman soundtrack. No offense, Chris.

8 years ago

It's a family thing; any family member on my dad's side usually takes bad photos.

8 years ago

No, but I have edited a published work.

8 years ago

You want to write a novel? good! oh and for your question it is a no. If I may ask, what kind of novel?

8 years ago

I know that a user named Tsmpaul was writing a novel called ULYSSES: The Pegasi Incident. It was CYS Styled novel with choices. He released a demo here on CYS:

Link to his demo!

8 years ago

Paul has some of his CYOAs purchasable on Amazon.

8 years ago

This is interesting because last week my sister's husband self-published a science-fiction book he had written primarily to amuse his two children. ANYONE can be a published author if they are willing to pay about 300 pounds (or 500 Dollars) to a Publisher to make their writing into a book, becoming a write who MAKES MONEY is much more difficult because there are always more writers than readers out there and it's very difficult to write a book that sells enough to mean you don't need another job, JK Rowling is probably the greatest example of rags-to-riches through writing. I think there are at least a dozen authors on this site who if they sold their writing could make money and many more who are well on their way to being great authors :D

8 years ago

Uh... I've published my webcomic? On the internet? I know that doesn't count at all, but that's the extent of my published writing experience.

8 years ago

Where can I find it?

8 years ago

8 years ago

Since people are replying to this, go check out my account on figment.com. I've started to write the novel adaptation of  the Ghost of Thornefall. It's supposed to be very different from the storygame version as to give the characters a little more behavioral freedom. Check it out here: Click.

8 years ago

For it considered to be a novel, it has to have above 40K words.