Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Feeling a little scared for my sanity

7 years ago

I vaguely remember falling asleep on my bed. Then I vaguely remember waking up at my desk in front of the computer screen, seeing it was 9:00, and walking upstairs to ask my mom if school was canceled.

She told me it was 9:00 in the evening.

She also told me that I had told my sister "I'm not interested" when she came down to tell me dinner was ready, and that after that, I had come upstairs, asking my mom why there was a little girl sitting on the foot of my bed playing on my laptop, thinking it was one of my little sister's friends. My mom had told me that my sister's friend had left, but I was so sure of it I demanded that she come downstairs and take a look herself.

Then when she told me it was probably a dream, I got angry, apparently, and argued back. She never told me what I did after that, but all I remember is waking up in front of the computer.

I lost my phone too. It was sitting beside me on the bed.

7 years ago

What are you going on about?

7 years ago

I'm pretty sure sleep walking.

7 years ago

Yeah, that does sound like sleepwalking. It's just a little weird because it's usually something that shows up in young kids. Is this the first time that's ever happened? Or I don't know, it might be possible to get a bout of it if you've been extremely sleep deprived...or I guess if you're on drugs or something? idk. Your mom should take it a little more seriously IMO, especially if it becomes a recurring thing. I don't know if there's anything that can be done to fix it, but if it keeps happening people around you IRL need to be a little more aware of it and of the do's and don'ts there. They shouldn't ever try to wake you up in the middle of it unless you're in immediate danger of hurting yourself, that's the main thing I know.   

Little girl at the daycare I used to work at, about ten or so...the place would be open till midnight so most of the kids would be asleep at the end there. It was kind of funny because when her mom would arrive she could get up and get her backpack when told, talk a little even though it didn't always make sense, and follow her out to the car, all while still sound asleep. It was always a little difficult to tell whether she was awake and just tired and mumbling or completely unaware. Only 'kind of' funny though, because if told to she'd also attempt to follow other people and even complete strangers out to the parking lot if not watched. The other kids would always think it was funny to try and take her home with them. -_-  

7 years ago

That's actually a scary hazard.

7 years ago

Lol, wow, I guess since your subconscious mind is in control you're left open to the power of suggestion. Yeah, I've been losing a lot of sleep lately. It's happened a few times before.

7 years ago

Actually that fact about never to wake a sleepwalker is a myth. Its just like waking someone up from bed, only slightly more surprising. Honestly when you think about it, waking up in a different location or standing up is not that scary. (most of the time) It's just really, really confusing, and very disorienting. But after a few seconds, it's not so bad.

It's like after just recently moving or spending a night camping or something, and you expect to wake up in your own bed. But you are confused of where you are until you remember how you got there. (Have been experiencing  that for a couple weeks now myself)

7 years ago
My cousin used to sleepwalk and her parents would find her blocks away from their house.  They had to put locks on the tops of their doors so that she couldn't reach them.  When that didn't deter her, they also ended up nailing all their windows shut.  Eventually, she grew out of it (or else she just gave up).

I only remember sleepwalking once.  I was five years old and my parents were having marital problems that inevitably led to their divorce.  Anyway, I tore up my room and pulled everything out of my closet.  My mother came in and asked me what I was doing and I told her I was looking for my Easter Grass.  She put me back to bed and I slept the rest of the night.  The next morning, after I woke up, she told me what I'd done, apologized for having thrown it away and offered to get me some more.  I didn't want any and told her it was just a dream.  Most people don't remember their dreams or when they've sleepwalked, but I certainly do.  Every single night seems to go on forever...

Something else that's funny is that I talk in my sleep and can carry on a conversation with people around me.  My side of it, however, can range from a bit strange to completely fantastic.  Everyone thinks it's hilarious and wants to tell me about it after I wake up, but I remember each occurrence in excruciatingly vivid detail and am usually embarrassed about the incidents since I wasn't in control.

7 years ago

C'mon Nick, you get used to it after awhile. It'll eventually subside from ghostly computer girls to weird feelings of paranoia and seeing ominous moving shadows.

But, maybe you're just stressed out, or even depraved of sleep.

7 years ago

Lol, wifi helps me sleep but my mom shuts it off every night.

7 years ago

I kind of find it hard to believe that internet helps you sleep. Most of the time, it keeps me up. 9_0

7 years ago

Yeah, but if I leave things undone on the internet I can't even think about sleep lol

7 years ago

For me dude, when I need to sleep, I NEED TO SLEEP.

:P

7 years ago

When I was 9 years old in my house in Maryland, something creepy happened. I don't know how I can still remember, but I remember weird things.

So anyways, I was in my room playing with Legos. When I was building something, I heard a noise behind me. The box of Legos behind me suddenly sunk, and the top layer of Legos fell onto the bottom. Seems like nothing, right? Just gravity? No. I was kind of creeped out, but I kept building some shitty structure. Then I heard a noise again. I turned and the box was tipped to the side - with a large portion of the Legos scattered beneath my legs.

Weird.

7 years ago

Did you have a pet?

Could've knocked it over by accident.

7 years ago

Didn't have a pet.

7 years ago

Oh don't worry, has happened to me a couple times before. You were probably just zoned out and just didn't remember doing any of that. I guess it's kinda like a hangover (though I can't say for sure as I have never gotten drunk or even drink for that manner).

As for the dream. You easily could've only been asleep for something like an hour. Sometimes if you sleep for a short period of time, it feels as though you haven't slept at all, and your dreams feel like reality because you don't remember waking up after.

Infact just this morning I had a small dream for what seemed like 30 after I woke up. It wss just me grabbing my clothes out of my dresser and putting them on and then going back to bed because I was so tired. I then found out it was a dream after waking up (for real) then realizing I was still in my PJ's.

Sometimes I don't even realize I had a dream like that until weeks or even months after the fact. Pretty fascinating actually, but a bit frustrating if it was a really good dream that you still were under the belief that it had actually happened.

7 years ago

I had a very strange experience with sleepwalking once. I was on a camping trip with my ODE class and on the first night, i went into my tent, got in my sleeping bag, next thing i know, i'm sitting on a bench next to a stream near camp. o_o

7 years ago

I have a recurring dream of my mum scrambling after me and us playing this game under the dining table in my first childhood home. It was it seemed, from the lighting, late on a cloudy evening, and it seemed like we were the only ones in the house. I've had this dream for the longest time and I can't tell if this actually happened, or if it's just a figment of my imagination. 

7 years ago

I swear, at least three times a year, I go to school in my dreams and then wake up unable to tell what day it is because I remember going to school and coming back home to sleep as if another day had passed. Fucks up my subconscious clock/calendar for the rest of the week.

7 years ago

Sleep walking is kinda crazy tbh..lol..but i never experienced anything scary like that i guess. Just maybe hearing voices that aren't there...and not in my head kind of voices. Lol

7 years ago

For the love of Christ, this is a threaded forum. If you have something to say that isn't related to anyone else's post in particular, reply to the top, not the bottom.

7 years ago
That still happens to me, too.  And since it's been decades since I graduated, it really messes with my head, sometimes.

7 years ago

That ALWAYS happens to me. Once I was going on a trip, and I had this dream. When I woke up, I was sad because I thought the trip was canceled. My parents were very confused.

7 years ago

Sometimes, I have this dream where I take an exam and it's written in a weird, demonic-looking letters that I can't read. 

And then my pants fall off. 

7 years ago
That's why I no longer wear pants to school.  :P

7 years ago

For a short amount of time, like a few days, I was starting to get confused with what I was dreaming and reality. I cleared that up pretty quickly... or did I?

7 years ago

What are you on rn?

7 years ago

Happened to me a few times when I was around 8-10 when I slept at times where you usually don't go to sleep, like in the afternoon. When I woke up, I was disorientated as hell, and was wondering, where the hell I am, and what time is it...Is it time to go to school? But why it's kind of starting to get dark? wtf, wtf, wtf. Then I just shook my head, and then remembered I fell asleep at noon, and school was already over. 

7 years ago

You're dying.

But in all seriousness, lately it feels like... I don't know, like I'm almost not in my body, really lightheaded too. Like, I can remember doing things, but I don't actually remember doing them, like the motions and such. This happen to anyone else?

7 years ago

That usually happens to me when I'm deprived of either sleep, food and/or water, or I'm sick.

7 years ago

Not for me, man. It's happened to me for a while.

7 years ago

That's called not giving a fuck. I've felt that exact way about 7 hours a day 180 days a year for the past 2 years.

7 years ago

I feel like that when i am sick (Which isn't very often.), like i'm watching things from afar. It's weird. :/

7 years ago

Yes, I've experienced that. If this has been going on for a long time and you're concerned, have you tried speaking to a physician?

7 years ago

Introducing Doctor Farren! His first operation is to perform surgery on an unnamed individual called "Shadow Hills"! Good luck, Doctor! 

7 years ago

#Heil_Farren

7 years ago

:P Nuuupe, I'm off duty right now and he needs to see his own care provider. (Hence me asking. xD)

7 years ago

But, Doctor, he's going to die from a infected spider bite! And no one has the experience! 

Come on, Kiel-sama, you know you want to..

7 years ago

Sleep-walking. Fun times. At least you weren't sleep driving like my co-worker's friend...

7 years ago

When my cousin was little(r) she would sleep walk down the stairs and open the door sometimes. She would also even walk across the road and sleep in the front of her neighbor's house. That's a risk.