Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Tim's Penance Art: Digit v. Cricket

5 years ago

Hello there, ladies, gentlemen, boys & girls, and whatever other things may be reading. It's me, Tim. You may know me as "Unofficial Official President of CYS" or "That guy who helps a lot on the Discord". Yes. But this isn't about me. What we've got on our hands is a good old-fashioned poll.

Recently, two of our beloved members have committed high-crimes on the Discord:

Cricket, a relatively new user, making promising strides in the community.

And Digit, that one guy who has like 30 unfinished storygames.

I will not go into detail about the crimes in question, the wrongs have been made right. What I need is YOUR opinion. Both members were given a unique prompt for their drawings. For funsies, we will put them on display for your viewing pleasure. Who has the better drawing?

Cricket, who was tasked with drawing a forest animal.

Or Digit, who was tasked with drawing something related to West Virginia.

The results of this poll will be tallied and the victor will be hailed with good feels.

Choose wisely.

5 years ago
Pfft, Digit has way more than 30 unfinished games. But this is a difficult decision. Cricket's "forest animal" is really just this, the only animal in the picture: (Not sure if it's a bat or a bird but either way, nice touch that it's obviously homing in on the cricket with murderous intent...) While Digit marred an otherwise respectable effort by half assing the delivery and just snapping a pic of his monitor like the lazy bean-eating illegal he is. If there's a tie I think you should have Mayana cast the final vote.

5 years ago

I mean technically insects are a part of the animal kingdom.

But at the same time I think Cricket kinda knew what type of animal I was expecting.

But hmm yes I will take this into consideration.

5 years ago
If others can't decide and you need my vote to settle it, I vote for Digit. They're both awful, though. I can't see the pictures, but they're so awful I can feel the awfulness.

5 years ago

Fair enough. Your vote will be held in high regard.

5 years ago

That's racist.

5 years ago

Cricket obviously.

Though I'm not even sure what trumped up charges are on Cricket anyway, she's been nothing but an upstanding citizen. Certainly not a degenerate weeb like Digit, who has failed repeatedly on past CYS contests and sleeps with a loli body pillow.

5 years ago

Thank you, sir.  I cannot say I am entirely certain myself.  I believe I unintentionally messed with someone's reactions and cause great offense.  

5 years ago
Cricket? Upstanding citizen? Nonsense! She spams emojis far too much! And ... and ... she's been mean to me! You did not train your daughter well! :)

5 years ago
It's true, she bullies the blind and spams reactions, I have seen these things. But terrible behavior is not being judged here, just terrible art.

5 years ago
I will vote for Digit, because his picture is more in the spirit of the theme and is happier with colors and has deeply symbolic artistic touches like that outline of the rectangle inexplicably floating in the top left corner. And because End voted for his new Thara and I must now vote for mine.

It might be fun to do a semi serious bad artist art contest by having people submit pictures to Tim anonymously.

5 years ago

I had written a serious analysis of these two masterpieces as a joke but then of course the page refreshed and I lost everything. I still haven't learned to write long things somewhere else and then copy them over. It's probably for the best anyway.

I actually liked them both for different reasons but I have to choose Digit for following his instructions more closely, even though Cricket showed better drawing skills and commitment.

5 years ago
I vote for Cricket since Digit's look like it was farted out by an elementary girl.

5 years ago

"Tim just make cricket the winner. I forgot this was a thing after I got out" - Digit

5 years ago

Cricket.

But I do like Digit's mystical flying instrument....but Cricket's always win.

5 years ago
I demand a rematch because of the misleading title to this thread. I was really hoping to see some art from Tim that was a battle royale between Digit and Cricket. I had pictured an entire scene and wondered if Cricket would be pinning Digit on the mat in the square ring; if Digit would be leading an army of weebs into battle against a literal plague of crickets; or if perhaps both would be depicted driving T-14 Russian battle tanks across the frozen tundra, firing at will. I am so disappointed. But if I have to pick one of those, I've got to agree with WIBN and go with Cricket.

5 years ago

I’m not sure...let’s see. Cricket and Digit... well I’m gonna go with Digit on this one, cause us weebs gotta stick together!!

5 years ago

You even have the same mature tastes!  :D

5 years ago

...No never. That, that’s impossible.