Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 5/31/2014: will be taking off load of this server later this year..

Server Time Outs 7/3/2013

10 years ago

There seems to be an unusually high server load on the site today – got quite a few SQL Time Outs – which I haven’t see on the site in a long time…

10 years ago

Same here.

10 years ago

We're so super cool popular ^_^

10 years ago

Same, thought it was just me.

10 years ago
nope same here. I also notice them reeeeeeally bad between 11-2 am est.

10 years ago

More lags today.

10 years ago

Despite the fact that our guest and member population is currently at an all-time low?

10 years ago

A lag is a lag ;)

But yeah, I sat there waiting for 5 minutes with no response from the site. Even though there's less activity here on the site itself - we are still effected by the overall load of every single site on the web server that's hosting the site.

10 years ago

Happened again for me today

10 years ago

/me dodged the bullet

10 years ago

Happened just now for me, and I think for everyone else as well, judging from the amount of users online.

10 years ago

Happened to me too.

10 years ago

Yup, me too

10 years ago

yep couldnt access the site for a good 15 minutes or so

10 years ago

Server Error in '/' Application.

Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.]
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject) +706
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +89
   System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +6372110

10 years ago

I've gotten this error message for about the last 45 minutes off and on

10 years ago

Happened to me about three minutes ago (again) :p

10 years ago

OMG IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW TODAY TO DO ANYTHING! and the continual crashes are starting to get under my skin, I've tried sending the same friggin PM now 7 separate times since Noon Est....

10 years ago

It may be time for Alex to upgrade the server....

10 years ago

Happened again just now, and HUGE lag.

10 years ago

True that, the sight has been running intolerably slow by most standards. 

10 years ago

I'll try to keep an eye on this... it seems to come and go ?

10 years ago

I got a strange error yesterday Alex, wish I woulda screen capped it for you. 

It said something about, server application has been submitted for nullification. then further down it was a bunch of gibberish and said something about the server had been marked as hazardous. If it ever pops up again I will make sure to get it (I was on my kindle HD No idea how to screen cap from that)

10 years ago

I'm not getting server time outs, but this is the slowest i've ever seen the site.

10 years ago

slows as in posts or as in loads? Because I was able to smoke a cigarette before the fucking page loaded....

10 years ago

Slow as in loads. It takes a decent two minutes for anything to load. 

10 years ago

Aaaaaaaaaaaand now it's better.

10 years ago

So much lag, i've timed out dozens of times today, and i've been getting server errors all week.

10 years ago

Server Error in '/' Application.

Transaction (Process ID 70) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Transaction (Process ID 70) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Transaction (Process ID 70) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +404
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +412
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1363
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows() +301
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout) +422
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillLoadDataRow(SchemaMapping mapping) +167
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.FillFromReader(DataSet dataset, DataTable datatable, String srcTable, DataReaderContainer dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, DataColumn parentChapterColumn, Object parentChapterValue) +292
   System.Data.Common.DataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +609
   System.Data.Common.LoadAdapter.FillFromReader(DataTable[] dataTables, IDataReader dataReader, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords) +29
   System.Data.DataTable.Load(IDataReader reader, LoadOption loadOption, FillErrorEventHandler errorHandler) +323
   Inedo.Data.DatabaseFactory.Inedo.Data.IDatabaseExecuter.ExecuteDataTable(String storedProcName, DbParameter[] parameters) +316
   ChooseYourStory.WebApplication.Pages.Forums.MessagePage.CreateChildControls() in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory.WebApplication\Pages\Forums\MessagePage.cs:76
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4201

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1008

^what I've been getting all day.

10 years ago

Many of these, and lag. So. Much. Lag.

10 years ago

Only gotten it once. 

10 years ago

I haven't had any issues at all

10 years ago

Got the SQL Error once this afternoon...

10 years ago

yesterday was terrible till about 8pm for me.got the stupid error screen 3-4 times each on my phoe/kindle. And couldnt load the site at all from either my laptop or desktop.

10 years ago

I've only had this once or twice both in seperate nights, very late in the evening. I thought the server did that every once in a strange aeon to reset itself, but I never bothered to read the text, because it was usually over after I refreshed the page once or twice.

But it could just be a fluke, if your computer doesn't read one single character out of the millions, the result could be drastically different, resultig in errors, but I'm a know-nothing in this department, so I know nothing.

10 years ago

The site is running incredibly slow for me today this afternoon - not timing out yet (knock on wood), but still taking 20 seconds to load pages in some cases...

WOW - My Messages wont even load...

10 years ago

Yeah, Sorry Drak & Kwism - I see that you have sent me PMs, but I can't yet access them. I'll try again in an hour or two...

Server Time Outs 11/26/2013

10 years ago

Yeah, what's up with the lag?

Server Time Outs 11/26/2013

10 years ago
I've never experienced any lag or surver time outs my hole time on the sight. Not even one. I would've remembered if I did.

10 years ago

It was completely un-accessible for me today for two to three hours at least. Glad to see it back up though...    :)

10 years ago

Did CYS just crash hard for everyone else, too?

10 years ago

Yeah, it was like a kick in the nuts for the site...

10 years ago

No problems here

10 years ago

I think Alex uses the DailyWTF's(his other site) server for this, so I think this occurs when there is high traffic on the other site.

I've only got it once, as most people are online when I'm offline.