Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I am Drakoblare, bringer of doom

10 years ago

So... I am here to ruin your forums with my amazing intellect and smoking hot looks. Actually I came here cause after playing ChoiceOfGames games (the free ones and a couple of user made ones) I stopped after they made you play half the game and buy the rest (It is just 1 euro but no credit card + me being 16 = no game)

So, I have been active in an other site (in no way related to these) for like  a year and a guy comes making a "Storygames" thread where he tells me about this site.

So far I have played Necromancer (loved it)

GZS (also liked it a lot but Necro was better)

Dead Man Walking (really good, but not my type of games. Hate mazes and am more into human interaction stuff)

The Vampire Hunter (hillarious, hadnt laughed like that for a while)

Everlasting Darkness (good but meh)

Snow (No words, just "wow")

So... now that my boring intro is over, how are you guys?  I also had a couple of duels (hillarious).

Ok, now, any games you guys have to suggest? Any thing you wanna chat about? Any similliar sites you can link me to? All apreciated and sorry if this is  a "spam" thread but since there is no "introduce yourself" megathread...

Also, is there a point in checking all options? Like passing the stage and going back to check the "death" options? Normally I wouldnt do that but after playing Endmaster's (sorry if I raped your name) games where even failing is awesome, I dunno

10 years ago

Hi and welcome to the site =)

10 years ago

Nice to see a community existing. Preety sure (from what I read) you made the Dead Man Walking game huh? This was actually the first game I was going to play since someone suggested it to me...

Anyway gotta love Penguins especially if they have their own show 

10 years ago

Wait... what maze was in dead man walking? I am really confused As i am on my 3rd play through of it...

10 years ago

Bad choice of words. I meant the whole trying to escape the city thing. I hate things like that since I am too lazy to keep an image of what is going on in my mind and end up lost. I prefer stories more about human relationships and stuff like that.... which is why I found the community shelter story line in Ground Zero the best. 

And since I got the best possible ending in my first try I didn't feel like doing it again... I am into more "Make your own character" stories anyway... speaking of which I should check out the RP forums (I think you guys have those here)

10 years ago

yup forum games section.

10 years ago

welcome to the asylum.

10 years ago

Meh, I've been to worse :P

Though after playing " Farewell, My Childhood Self" I feel like I will leave this place emotionally scarred at some point 

10 years ago

If it's emotional scars you're looking for, read LoveSICK and/or A Very Special Chooseyourstory and get it the hell over with.

10 years ago

Or this thread, especially End's post: http://chooseyourstory.com/forums/the-lounge/message/6963

Anyways, welcome to the site :)

10 years ago

Hi and welcome to the site!

Checking all options just lets you see what you missed from your original route

10 years ago

I know that, I just dont know if it is worth it in all games. I guess it depends if it more of a story (where you want to learn all about it) or more of a game (where you just die = the end)

@Firesluqqer: Please tell me this threads are not a common thing here....

@ISentinelPenqui: Emm that wasn't exactly my plan, but I really can't stop from checking them out now :P

So, do you guys have any sort of chat room or chat thread?

10 years ago

If they were I wouldn't go on the forums anymore xD

As for chatrooms, I don't think anyone uses them alot but liuxess made two that we could use:

http://us10.chatzy.com/11683601073570 (the slow one, use this one when the other's not working)

http://tinychat.com/kp3wd

Alternatively, you can chat about whatever you want in The Lounge section of the forums.

10 years ago

Sounds like fun.. and yeah, this is often the fate of a forum chat room (usually cause after they get created no one bothers to post them in the front page)

So, I guess that the whole faction thing is an inside joke? Is TF2 related?

10 years ago

Nah ask aman and berkazerka bring a razor

10 years ago

What now? And where is your profile pic from? 

10 years ago

Dont trust any of the ices they have cold rations...

Come with me,ill show you the pyros.

10 years ago

Ok I guess? *Follows eatsleepslay*

10 years ago

As you see, us pyros come from many different races and cultures.

That is why I'm a cat myself.

10 years ago

Oh you are one of those *grabs anti-furry spray*

10 years ago

*pulls out pistol*

I'm a just a cat.

10 years ago

Forget it he's not one of us.

*runs of into the night.*

10 years ago

Oh im an ultralisk. Eatsleepslay is a really a cat, not pyro LIES

10 years ago

No,I'm a pyro,just a cat pyro.

10 years ago

So the pyro is really a cat?

10 years ago

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/teh-ultimate-battel~21

and http://chooseyourstory.com/story/monstrer-horor~21~211

These are the best story games on the site, check them out

10 years ago

Will do mate, will do.

10 years ago

"giggles"

10 years ago

*Checks titles*

*Checks link*

Dis gonna be gud!

10 years ago

They are for your own good you need to know the quality of the worst games on site

10 years ago

I actually liked the Dragon one lol.

10 years ago

No, it is a cat set on fire

10 years ago

...THE PYROS

10 years ago

You play TF2? :D Add me, I'm Fireslugger. Add madglee too, he's one of the admins on this site.

As to the war, allow me to explain:

ONCE upon a time, there was EndMaster, the mighty God of Death who destroyed worlds after worlds, leaving nothing but the ashes of the once-great civilizations behind. And out of those ashes, two 'godly' beings were born, destined to meet and fight each other in a never ending battle to the death. They were Aman, the Mustache God, and BerkaZerka, God of Penguins (with mallets). And fight they did, while the mortals took sides/remained neutral/caused general chaos and watched the show. However, the mortals were not content with merely watching, and itched to experience the satisfaction of war and destruction.

Thus, a great man bestowed with new-found powers from the God of Fire founded the Pyro Faction. The God of Ice was unimpressed by this, and thus selected a special person to lead the Ice Faction to glorious victory. Like Aman and BerkaZerka, these two factions were destined to destroy each other. In the great Ice-Pyro War, the Pyro Faction, lead by Silverflame and consisting of me and Raywolf were pitted against the Ice Faction, lead by Lexi and consisting of Penguinsharpshooter and FeanoronForge  - chaos ensued as Amy2, hugo and galobtter caused chaos to both sides, Alvin summoned creatures of the Land of Imagination and Drakilian unleashed a terrible abomination onto the world, then waged war on Fireplay which ended in the destruction of the moon (correct me if I'm wrong.) EndMaster appeared as Aman and BerkaZerka went into hiding, but both factions foolishly fought on, oblivious to the impending danger. Thus, the Pyro Faction was completely destroyed save for one person (myself), and once again EndMaster left nothing but the remains of the world behind.

Sometime later, the Pyro Faction was revived by a plea to the God of Life, and with the new addition of eatsleepslay, it rose to be greater than ever to continue its destined battle with the Ice. And so it stands today, in all its glory, as does all the other neutrals/chaos sides. But the war seems to be on a hold for now, so enjoy these moments of peace while you still can, for it shall not last very long. (Nevertheless the Pyros are still recruiting, so I urge you to join :D I offer the finest roast chicken)

10 years ago

I'll think about it :P

And no I don't play TF2. I would if I had a PC

10 years ago

...You don't have a PC?

Oh the pain, the agony, the horror...

10 years ago

Hold up...you like iced coffee...

10 years ago

YOU LIKE ICED COFFEE

10 years ago

I don't drink coffee

And what did just happen?

10 years ago

CON LIKES ICED COFFEE

10 years ago

The heck is a "CON"?

10 years ago

CON IS THE SPY

10 years ago

I AM NOT A TRAITOR!

(To Drako, haven't you ever heard of Con, the super-evil 3-yr-old baby genius? :O)

10 years ago

Ignore it, keep calm, and bring down shotgun rain.

And welcome to the site.  Normally, I'd have some kind of anime-type face, but I'm in the middle of things.  Kinda have a need to freak people out with this pict.

10 years ago

YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF CHOOSING BETWEEN ICED COFFEE AND FIRE!!! TTATT

10 years ago

*points gun at CON*

CHOOSE NOW AND CHOOSE WISELY

10 years ago

You can always take a cold coffee and set it on fire....

10 years ago

Where can you get a fire hot enough to burn water?

10 years ago

We are burning coffee not water.

10 years ago

Hell

10 years ago

Con,CHOOSE NOW AND CHOOSE WISELY

10 years ago

Don't do it Con, he is bluffing 

10 years ago

10 SECONDS CON.

10 years ago

10 years ago

Don't choose anything this guy offers.  He's insane.

[We're all insane.  I'm not really supposed to be typing this at 2:23 AM, but I'd get caught by the ward any later in the morning]

10 years ago

10 years ago

I have no objections.

10 years ago

I SHALL HAVE BOTH!

*PULLS DIAPER DOWN*

SUPPPEERRR DIAPPPEEERRR BLAAAASSSTTTT!!!!!

10 years ago

*pulls trigger*

10 years ago

You missed.

10 years ago

Horribly.

10 years ago

Also, I just realized that I've been in possesssion of a forum posting trophy.  5k ain't too shabby.

10 years ago

So, in order keep that record, I will now spam welcome users to the site!

10 years ago

*bullet lands into poop and does no damage whatsoever*

You are now covered in poop. cheeky

10 years ago

Btw, con = connection_ica, his old account.

10 years ago

Screw this*runs off*
TRAITOR

10 years ago

Call me a traitor only when you can say that you have not had a single COLD thing in your entire life.

And Swift, I'm surprised that you don't know that I'm not a dude. XD

10 years ago

Unless you want a flood of perverted love-notes at your door, I suggest you redact that.

10 years ago

AHAHAHAHA    pervert

10 years ago

I gather flocks of these http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/first-day-on-the-internet-kid

And I'm a guy.

10 years ago

I've been on this realm for years, and just found out what lemon party was.. thank God I didnt find out the hard way

10 years ago

I looked it up and vomited

10 years ago

I'm surprised that meatspin isn't on there.

10 years ago

Do I even want to google this one?

10 years ago

lol wut?

10 years ago

Ah, well I don't consider myself a 'girl' either. I'm an extreme tomboy.

10 years ago

tomboy?

10 years ago

A girl who has the personalities and interests of a stereotypical boy.

Many people often mistaken me for a guy online, and many of the people I know tells me that I was born a boy in a girl's body.

10 years ago

So what you are saying is that you "swing the other way" or are your interests just different? Too personal? Huh? Ok 

10 years ago

10 years ago

Personal? Not really xD

Yea, my interests are just different. I hate all 'girly' things like dresses, skirts, the colour pink, make-up, fashion, dancing (breakdancing and hipop are cool though :) etc. while I like 'boyish' things like gaming, sports and extreme physical activities, fighting, blood and gore. I also dress and speak in a very boyish manner (black hoodie&fake tattoos, swearing etc.)

Ironic how most of my friends are girls (alot of them think me weird/crazy), and that I was forced to go to an all-girls school.

10 years ago

Fake tattoos? As in tattoos that don't lust  or those kiddy ones?

And God damn it stop beating me in duels :( 

10 years ago

The kiddy ones, I don't like permanent tats.

And hehe...>:)

10 years ago

I wouldn't call kiddy ones boyish.... Oh well. And to be fair it would be just stupid to do a permanent tat at your age or any age to be fair... they suck

10 years ago

None of the girls that I know would probably ever wear one, so I dunno. They usually become a black stain on my skin by the end of the day anyways xD

10 years ago

lol

10 years ago

Nice to know.

10 years ago

That explains it.

10 years ago

Ok, so there has been enough violence in this thread. Do you guys know any similar sites? And how are this game supposed to be called? Story games? Interactive novels? 

My only other experience with this kind of thing is the ChoiceOfGames site but as said above I stopped being there after they gave you only half of the story for free.

Also, I noticed people here saying that adding your own character name is hard, but this is how all of their games work and they also have a program of some sort which you can use to make your own games (I don't remember if it is free though, I think it is)

10 years ago

Infinitestory.com

A lot more stories than this site, and a higher quality output.

However, it's...pretty quiet.  I do pop around the forums, but I don't see as much activity as this.

10 years ago

Ok... what is this exactly? (scratches head)

10 years ago

I forgot :

it was Infinite-story.com

10 years ago

That makes more sense :P

Sucks how small communities are trapped in different sites. And there are obviously more than the 3 sites mentioned in this thread...

10 years ago

Also...EndMaster is pretty much top storygame writer on both sites.  Consider him the guy you'll never reach in a million years.

Because in the Writing Workshop section of the forums, he'll tell you his progress on his story.

It goes pretty damn fast.

10 years ago

I wasn't planning to anyway. I am struggling to even roleplay and I am not into story books. Then I guess it is a good thing that the first story I read was one of his (Necromancer)

Anyway, I already made a thread about this question (probably didn't have to but oh well). Are there any "Snow" like game (like that other one made by CandyGirl or whatever). I also have to finish "haunted"

10 years ago

The Ocean's Daughter.

10 years ago

Thanks.

10 years ago

Site looks good so far.