Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

How to Start Off

7 years ago

Hello, i'm been a lurker here and there. I finally created my account and the first thing I want to do is start off reading. Is there any links that could send you to a list of simple stories games? So I could get the hang of it and slowly make my way up to more advanced storygames. 

Also what kind of stuff happens in the forums? Like are there any challenges besides discussions or what, there's a lot of stuff that i've missed. Cheers!

How to Start Off

7 years ago

I recommend reading some of the newly published storygames as they're quite good and not too difficult, I suppose. 

As for forums, ah... Well, nothing really happens in my opinion. You haven't missed anything, seeing as how you're just joining. ^^

How to Start Off

7 years ago

This happened...

How to Start Off

7 years ago

I meant nothing of significant note really happens.

How to Start Off

7 years ago
Welcome to the site. For reading, I'd suggest picking a category you like and diving in!

How to Start Off

7 years ago

Welcome to CYS!

There's the "Top 5 storygames for new users" list on the home page, the most notable one being Snow.

There's also 4 Little Mice, which I think is a pretty good game for new members.

As for the forums, there's going to be a writing contest in December as far as challenges go.

How to Start Off

7 years ago

Hi, welcome to CYStia! I guess... Anything on the recommended lists are good stories.

Now, as for the forums. While certainly enjoyable, sometimes, you will see shit you don't even know where it came from. Perhaps someone fought with someone and they are dishing it out there. Perhaps something happened somewhere and they are fighting over it. My advice is... nothing. If you enjoy drama it is really a great replacement for Mexican soap operas.

But don't worry, there is usually a wide variety of things that people talk about there, from videogames to comics to books.

How to Start Off

7 years ago

All the top rated stuff on the main Storygames page is the best place to start, after that, try other stuff by the same authors. Beyond that what you find digging around in the archives is all pretty hit and miss, though there's a few buried gems. Most of the truly dire stuff has been purged.

We sometimes have contests on the forums, and writing prompt threads are popular.

Oh and just fyi, if you imagine Lancelot wearing a comically oversized dunce hat every time you read one of his posts, you'll have a helpful starting point for taking him as seriously as the rest of us do.