Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Saying hi

5 years ago

Hi. I don't have much to say for myself.

Saying hi

5 years ago

Then I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions.

Your profile says you might write some storygames.  What genres are you interested in?  Do you have any experience writing?

Saying hi

5 years ago

I'm really interested in fantasy, but not much experience. I've written some short stories, but never really had the courage to post anything online.

Saying hi

5 years ago

This is a wonderful spot to be, then.  There is a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you along the way.  There are plenty of talented writers who, if you are willing to take in what they have to say, can help you to develop your writing abilities.  You don't need to be nervous about posting your stories here.  You will receive honest feedback on what you publish.  If you take your time to ensure that it has a coherent plot and is properly proofread, you'll be just fine.  There are plenty of articles in the Help & Info section (link on the left) to provide a little insight on writing and CYOAs.  If you have any questions that aren't answered there or through a search of the forums, then feel free to ask.  If you want help with story development, starting a thread in the Writing Workshop could be a great idea.

When you are ready to publish, if you still feel uncertain, you can solicit for proofreaders or beta testers.  This is a community of people with a solid interest in writing and many of us are more than willing to put in the time to help someone who will use our critiques.

Welcome to the site!

Saying hi

5 years ago

Welcome! Clamurai has already gone through the main things you need to know, so just remember not to be afraid to participate or ask for help.

Saying hi

5 years ago
Hi

Saying hi

5 years ago

Hi. I don't have much to say in return.

Saying hi

5 years ago
Hope you have more to say in your stories. Good luck~