Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Phrases I don't understand

4 years ago

So, I suppose I was lurking, but I am curious as to what the following mean. 

What does it mean to be SHAMED?  How does one get their story hell'd?  I probably spelled that incorrectly. Apologies. what happens if you tag End three times? End, due to your illusiveness, I am tempted to tag your three times, but if would only make you frustrated with me, I have no wish to do that. What is CYStia? I apologize if I am wording things wrong or getting the acronyms incorrect.  I am trying to do it correctly.  I don't understand all these things.  I hope you are all doing well. 

4 years ago

1. being shamed is when you fail to turn in a story after entering a contest or committing another grave offense of the same extent.

2. Stories don't get helled, I think you mean that people in the discord get put in a channel called hell after being retards, but maybe the system has changed since I last looked.

3. Tagging Endmaster is a bad idea as this usually results in the said person getting banned from the site and discord.

4. CYStia is this site, I can't recall how it got the name so please ask an older member for details, I think it  was due to a roleplay or forum game awhile back, but as I said I am stupid and know nothing.

Hopefully this cleared some stuff up.

4 years ago

You seem to be very intelligent. Thank you for your response.  My sense of humor is not often understood or misunderstood so I am glad I did't tag End three times.  I certainly would not want that sort of attention. Thank you again. 

4 years ago
>You seem to be very intelligent.

Words that have never before been uttered to Kar and never will be again.

4 years ago

Awww. Well seemed bright to me. 

4 years ago

I am going to treasure this forever.

4 years ago

In a nutshell, the kingdom of CYStia is the name of this great kingdom ruled by the current queen, Mizal and her loyal subordinates(i.e. other moderators). Endmaster is the god of death of this noble land, and he frequently unleashes his wrath on unsuspecting new settlers. 

4 years ago
Since we’re asking nooby questions, who are the moderators?

4 years ago
It's amazing what you can find in the About Us page.

4 years ago
Nothing about moderators, either I should join Mayana in the blindly gang or the only thing there is the site founders, admins, and an outdated list of personal trophy holders.

4 years ago

I'm pretty sure the administrators listed there are the moderators.

4 years ago

Smart one. 

4 years ago
Ohh I thought admin and moderator was different, my bad.

4 years ago

Apologies  I have read the about page many times now.  I just do not retain the information.  It is becoming a theme once a week to annoy everyone with my dumb questions. I appreciate everyone's patience. I am glad you all take the time to answer me though. I will go read it again Cricket.  Thanks for reminding me. 

4 years ago

BZ and Killa are the omnipotent watchers, manipulating and nudging things to their liking. They fix the holes in the world, the ones that suck you off to the COGite land. Now THAT is a horrible place. 

4 years ago

1. Being SHAMED is basically as it sounds like. This title is given to individuals who sign up for a contest and don’t present their entries on time or don’t write anything.
2. Stories don’t get helled, people do. When someone does something particularly annoying or inappropriate on the Discord, they are stripped of interacting with others on the server and are assigned to a specific channel called Hell (or something like that). 
3. Tagging EM just results in your slow and painful death.
4. CYStia is a nickname given to the site (chooseyourstory shortened to just CYS for simplicity) after we started getting a little creative with the people here. We wrote a whole fictional saga about ourselves at some point, had a little civil war. It wasn’t particularly of note but the nickname stuck!

4 years ago

I understand now.  The Aha! moment arrived.  Then the forehead slap followed. If I repeat any questions that I have already asked and been answered on, just thump me in the head and tell me to hit rewind. I forget that I have been told or given info on topics occasionally.  I do believe CYStia was explained once before, and I did not retain the information. Thanks for the details.  They are very helpful for me to reference when I have another CRS moment, AKA can't remember shit moment. 

4 years ago

SHAME has already been adequately covered, so I'll explain the other ones in a little more detail.

"HELL" isn't actually named HELL. It's called "Larimar's Playhouse", because that's where the Furry Bot harrasses all the people who are forced to live there. Those who have witnessed this horror in its early days call it "Furry Hell", but it's just become increasingly HELL-Like over the years as the bot becomes smarter and more fully comprehensive.

Don't tag End. Chances are, he's reading whatever he needs to see. If he isn't posting, it doesn't mean he isn't there. And if there's something he really needs to see, as in, you feel like somebody's genuinely breaking the rules and you need to report it to a mod, then tagging him once works just as well. Tagging Endmaster 3 times only serves to annoy him, and it's a practice typically taken up by older members to "prank" more annoying members who haven't gotten wise to things like this (like telling someone to say owo in discord) because what End really does is show up and ban the user who tagged him 3 times for their annoyance. Y'know, like Bloody Mary.

CYStia is the name of the "fantasy world" version of the site. Or, the name of CYS (ChooseYourStory) as if it were a country and not a website. As far as I know, this originated in the Forum Games back when those existed. But it has since moved on to encompass CYS as a realm in short stories that (often satirically) allegorize site history and any current events in the IF world that concern site members. It's not a pretty name, and it's unwieldly in the mouth, but it caught on a lot better than "Storygamia", "Ceyastora", "Ceylon" and some other gay shit that was suggested by literal 13 year olds 8 or 9 years ago.

4 years ago

I would very much like to read the fantasy version of the site.  I may have already and not realize it.  I understand HELL in Discord now. Thank you. that perfectly explained the details I was lacking.  I do not wish to be banned, disowned, or released from any title.  I like my tribe very much. I think I will zip it try not to annoy End.... Very much, or anyone else for that matter.