Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Proofreading

one month ago
Hey, I'm new to the contest thing, and I was wondering if we're allowed to get our contest entry proofread by someone on the site, or if that would be violating the rules. Don't want to get disqualified, so I figured I would ask. I'm not looking for someone to proofread right now, I just wanted to know in advance.

Proofreading

one month ago
It's allowed, but good luck finding someone active who isn't frantically working on their own.

And if you intend to set them as a co author during this process, just be aware that you're giving somebody full editor access to your game and choose wisely.

Maybe Zake would help you out.

Proofreading

one month ago

I'm much happier proofreading others' things than proofreading my own (see, Hues of Infection, lol).

Proofreading for contests can be iffy if there isn't enough time. There's also always the concern of being wrong in the proofreading or ruining the style by imposing my own over it. Pretty sure the only story I proofread (that I didn't write for) that got published has since been removed, but I like to think my effort kept it from being unpublished right away, heh.

Maybe Bezro will take the communal approach by using the sneak preview toggle. But it is true that most people seem to be writing (or procrastinating) their own submissions.

Proofreading

one month ago

Pretty sure you proofread for me and that one went well.

Proofreading

one month ago
Goes to show the negative bias of humanity. I remember the unfinished stories and the proofreading that was more akin to rewriting as opposed to the successes, lol.