Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Favorite Books

9 years ago

I couldn't find a favorite books post on the forums, (though there probably is one somewhere) so i thought i should post one, everyone list favorite books, authors and series

Mine are;

Books; Wolf in White Van,Time and Time Again, Cloudstreet and Vango

Authors; Peter F Hamilton, Tim Winton and Matthew Reilly

Series; LOTR, its made up of 6 books so i guess its a series...ish

Goodnight, my fellows.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

There is a sub forum here called "Reading Corner". This is where this thread belogns.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

ok sorry, didnt see that

Favorite Books

9 years ago

And if you tagged someone who could move it, it might magically appear there. . .

Favorite Books

9 years ago

To Kill a Mockingbird

Starship Troopers

The Lord of the Rings 

Favorite Books

9 years ago

Book: I love 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Series: I guess Percy Jackson was pretty good, but it went downhill after the third book.

Author: Never gave this much thought, so I really don't have a favorite author.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

I've read hundreds of really good novels, but none equal Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

I just read that recently...and you know what? Can't say I disagree =) It may just be the best book I've ever read.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

It's hard to decide whether to judge other works by the standard it set, or to place it in a class by itself.  I consider it a real work of art.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

"Ender's Game" (Orson Scott Card)

"Out of the Silent Planet" (C.S Lewis)

"The Hobbit" (J.R.R Tolkein)

Favorite Books

9 years ago

Eragon:                                    Series, 4 books, thick. High fantasy, dragons. Recommended.

White Fang:                              Single, slim. Animal perspective, wolf. Recommended.

Uglies:                                      Series, 4 books, medium width. [High fantasy?] Not yet read, but sounds good.

Eye of the world:                        Series, 13 books, Thick. High fantasy, Magic. Recommended.

Septimus Heap:                         Series, 8 books, thick. High fantasy, Magic. Recommended.

The Last Dargon:                        Single, medium width. High Fantasy, Dargon. Interesting.

The Last Aprentice:                     Series, 13 books in series. Medium-thick. High fantasy, Magic. Recommended.

A New Darkness:                        Series, unknown number of books, branch off series of The Last Apprentice, Medium-thick. High fantasy, Magic. Recommended.

Twilight:                                      Series, 4 books, thick. [High?] fantasy, vampire/werewolf. Recommended, if you have not seen the movie yet.

Divergent:                                   Series, 3 books, medium-thick. [sci-fi?]. Recommended.

The Immortal Nicholas Flammel:  Series, 6+ books, Medium width. [High?] fantasy. Magic. Recommended.

Julie of the wolves:                      Series, 3 books, Medium-slim. [Sci-fi? Modern Adventure?]. Wolves. Recommended.

Enders Game:                            Series, Several many confusing orders of books. Medium on average. Sci-fi. Recommended.

The Divide:                                 Series, 3 books, medium-slim. High fantasy. Magic. Recommended.

Shiver:                                       Series, 3 books, medium-slim. [fantasy?]. Werewolf. Recommended.

Wolves of the Beyond:                Series, 6+ books, slim. [fantasy? Sci-fi?]. Animal perspective. Wolves. Recommended.

City of Bones:                            Series, 4 books, thick. [High?] fantasy. [Magic?]. Recommended.

Wolf Brother:                             Series, 4+ books, medium width. High fantasy. Magic. Recommended.

Avalon:                                      Series, unknown number of books, [High?] fantasy. Magic, wolves. Not read yet, but sounds good.

Call of the Wild:                        Single, slim. Modern Adventure, Wolves. Recommended.

Fell:                                         Series, 2 books, Medium width. Wolves. [Magic?] Recommended.

Survivors:                                 Series, 5+ books, slim. Modern adventure. Wild Dogs, animal perspective. Interesting.

Legacies                                  Series, 8+ books, thick-ish. Special abilities/magic?/high fantasy. Recommended.  

Is this enough? I could go on.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

What, no favorite?

I noticed you have a couple of Jack London's on your list.  He has several more wolf related.  I recommend reading all his works, though.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

If I can remember them out of around a total of 250-300 books that I have read in the last 3 years, then I believe that qualifies them as good at least, and it is rather hard to pick a single favorite out of 250-300 books.

I usually don't pick a book by the author, I tend to look at the back cover to see what the basic beginning of the plot is, and a little on the thickness. I can't remember which books are by Jack London.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

Call of the Wild and White Fang.  I thought The Sea-Wolf was an excellent story from when I was your age.  If you haven't already, you should read it.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

Why you no include STEPHEN KING?

Favorite Books

9 years ago

I have not read any of his books, though I do have his book 'Under the Dome' on my list of books to read after I'm done with my current series.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

You have to read him. Immediately.

I first started reading his books when I was like, eleven, and I never looked back.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

Same here, I concur.  I don't know exactly how old I was, but I was about that age when I read Firestarter.  A better choice of King's (if I were to pick one for a young reader) would have to be Pet Semetary, then Misery or Gerald's Game for those who aren't "faint of heart."  For someone even younger, I'd probably suggest Cycle of the Werewolf as a first.

Favorite Books

9 years ago

LOTR has 4 books, 6 movies.