Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

The movie is coming out! Some studio Lenka guy is doing it! Woot woot!

*hyping intensifies*

But I must say.... Read it. If you have not, read it. Check it out, buy it, mug a guy in the alleyway and check his pockets- do whatever you need. Because this book will find a way to your heart.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sure knew what he was doing. The tone is careful and solemn, and the story is so sweet you might get diabetes. It's also heart breaking. Made my sister read it. She's a cold, hard stone kiddo, but this is the closest she's ever cried in a book (She was really raging in the end "OMG WHAT IS THIS WHAT IS WHAT IS CURSE YOUUUUUU").

It doesn't matter what age you are, cos' this book is about life. Ok, I might have over-hyped it, but I guess if life lessons and magical boys aren't your thing, you can go ahead and pass it up. Shame though. You could finish it in one sitting.

So please, go read it.

If you don't believe how amazing this book is, just google image it. There's a whole section on tattoos.

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

“ I sat down [facing a sleeping] couple. Between the man and the woman a child had hollowed himself out a place and fallen asleep. He turned in his slumber, and in the dim lamplight I saw his face. What an adorable face! A golden fruit had been born of these two peasants..... This is a musician's face, I told myself. This is the child Mozart. This is a life full of beautiful promise. Little princes in legends are not different from this. Protected, sheltered, cultivated, what could not this child become? When by mutation a new rose is born in a garden, all gardeners rejoice. They isolate the rose, tend it, foster it. But there is no gardener for men. This little Mozart will be shaped like the rest by the common stamping machine.... This little Mozart is condemned. ”

-- The author's account of meeting a child that, apparently, helped inspire him to write the book.

Sounds like it'll make a thought-provoking piece, but you know, it was already adapted into a French CGI series in 2010... and an anime in the 70s. (Edit: And a bunch of other stuff, apparently.)

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

It's really good, but you have to read it in French. The translation is not as good.

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

Sadly, I do not know French.

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

What's to know?  In French all the letters are silent.  :)

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

So in French, my name would be Chris11302, but it'd pronounced, ' '?

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

No, it would be '113022', retard. Don't you even know your own name?

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

Click.

That's the one I was talking about. I only put an a extra '2' at the end of this account because it's easier than coming up with a new name :P

Le Petit Prince

9 years ago

They use that book to teach French, actually. It'll be easy. It's not like you're reading some Sartre or something.