WatchNon-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Message

A place to sit back, hang out, and talk about anything you'd like.

Ogre's Boobs

2 months ago
Yeah I noticed it was the more user-participation things that got the most interest. Actually I want to try to encourage some reasonably intelligent discussions in the Lounge without the "you're a cunt, lol" stuff to try and make the Forum a bit more active because I think that is what primarily attracts people to the site, then when there are more people more stories will be written, read and reviewed.

I think you have a point about the large volume of words putting most people off, if I want a ton of reviews I should write a 20 page story called something like Boobs!!! rather than spending months on a 100+ page thing that'll get about three reviews and a dozen ratings in a year :) If I made sure there were spelling and grammar mistakes on every page with a few racial stereotypes the reviews would be legion :D I think the quality of the forums is reflected in the quality of the stories, if there are a lot of creative people active in the forums a lot of great stories will be written :) I'm trying to be a bit more active and encouraging, the site goes through cycles though and the quiet patches are always followed by active patches :D It just takes time.

Ogre's Boobs

19 days ago
So, uh, @Will11 ... 30 ratings in 2 days... :)

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
Haha :D V effective point proving :D The secret to mainstream success in the world of literature has been confirmed. Fifty Shades of Grey was 90% too long, they just needed to publish the naughty bits :D

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
That's just hurtful and proves you don't read, it's actually an Edutainment story with a wealth of facts about the lives of bees. Possibly the most extensive collection of bee facts on the entire site! (it does not however cover what happens if the bees start carrying a zombie virus, and I consider that a major enough oversight I'll probably be dropping my rating to only a 7/8)

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
How could I forget the zombie bees!?!

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago

They'll sting you right in the coochie. sad

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
Not a good comparison, but I did publish 2 stories a day apart. Boobs!!! is up to 34 ratings, while the other story has 1.

It's not a great comparison because the other story is, in my opinion, pretty hard to get to an ending, though. I should have put up something else at the same time that was long, but still easy.

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
Dang it! When this thread was split, it broke the link from the game. I don't want to take the game down now with all those great ratings.

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
Your boobs have been repaired.

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
Oh very nice! Thank you very much.

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
I guess this proves how important knowing your audience is when writing? Here, the CYS plebeians don't care about grammatically correct, educational storygames. Instead, they like Boobs and retardery.

Ogre's Boobs

18 days ago
...actually got this combination while randomly refreshing the deck and then didn't save the screenshot like an idiot.

Ogre's Boobs

14 days ago
An update for Will11: Boobs!!! -- active for 6 days, 40 ratings Will's Lost Expedition 2 -- active for 837 days, 45 ratings My Alien Abduction -- active for 1,166 days, 75 ratings

Ogre's Boobs

14 days ago

Moral of the story... Everybody loves boobs ^_^

Ogre's Boobs

14 days ago
Boobs! I mean... um... Yeah, I think you're right.