Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

Honestly I wasn't even going to bother since this is like a war/conflict/etc that happens every few months in that area of the world. However since this one is heating up nicely, the Lounge is a bit quiet and we did have a thread on the Russian-Ukraine thing, might as well have a thread for this one too.

I can think of a few people who just might have strong opinions on this topic, I guess we'll see if this thread draws them in.

Discuss rationally, fanatically take a side or play the smug centrist!

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
I'll take smug centrist for $500.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
>walk to arab store
>say:"Have you seen the news? Those fucking israel bastards killing Palestinian children."
>order sandwich
>clerk says I don't have to pay

>walk to jew store
>say:"Have you seen the news? Those fucking muzlim bastards killing Israeli children."
>order sandwich
>still have to pay

I guess I choose palestine.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

It's a Hesbollah house party, for sure.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

Does whichever side win have God's/Allah's support?

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
I'm not one for political causes, but I'd like to take this moment to point out that Wizzy is illiterate.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
He has never read the Bible. :(

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Can some autist tell me why I should support Israel? The only sensible arguments I hear are for Palestine.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

bc Jews=good

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Serious answer: both sides have committed war crimes, but you don't have to support everything about what Israel is doing to not want the Jews entirely genocided, or for a democratic country where women are considered human and the LGBT are allowed to exist to be replaced by a fanatical theocracy.

Hamas has taken plenty of rights away from the Palestinian people too, and their critics have a way of being tortured and beaten to death in Palestinian prisons.

Modern warfare is horrific and this whole situation is a humanitarian disaster but what Hamas and their backers (including the internet faggots with no sense of self preservation cheering them on) want at the end of the day is still much worse.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
I know that in most circles this isn't called Israel vs Hamas, it's called Israel vs Palastine, and most Palastine supporters say they don't condone the actions of Hamas, but those actions aren't representative of Palastine as a whole, and that Israel has done equally as bad things, but that's been sanctioned by the goverement as opposed to acts of terrorists.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
I don't see much point to these kinds of arguments that just turn immediately into semantics. But lots of people don't condone the actions of their own government. Hamas has ruled Gaza for over a decade and it's governing a couple million people regardless of whether they're recognized internationally.

When people complain about "Israel" or "Iran" or any other place, ("North Korea"), they mean the people setting policy that everyone else is having to deal with, same goes for this.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Jews don't want to kill fat cheeseburger loving infidels, but everyone else in that region does and especially Hamas and Iran.

However both sides are forbidden from touching swine so you may be safe on that account.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Question for someone a little more knowledgeable about the area's history (someone old enough to drink, please). What is the deal with Egypt's hate on for Gaza residents? Is it just because of the Iranian connections?

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Take these words as coming from a complete retard but I think it's twofold:

1. Egypt is currently experiencing a financial crisis, with inflation rates up to 40% and 3 billion bailouts out of the IMF. Even a percentage of the two million Gaza immigrants puts a heavy extra toll on the economy.
2. Egypt's military couped the president and heavily cracked down on the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013-2014, when they banned all political parties based on religion. The muslim brotherhood is another Islamic group that's the parent organization of Hamas, until 2017 when Hamas officially broke ties, though they still have the same goals and unofficially would probably still be close allies. It's only logical they wouldn't want any more extremely religious types in.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
They should make the UK take in the refugees.

I know it's too late to point fingers when it was that long ago, but they're still the ones who did the thing that couldn't lead anywhere else but to one side killing the other.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Fun bit of trivia I came across looking unto the earlier history: when the British owned Palestine it was the Jews who were the terrorists.

I had always thought the hand off was a little more peaceful than that and it's usually presented as a result of WWII, but before and throughout the war there were some major cells operating, resisting British rule over further immigration of Jews and ownership of property being restricted. At one point this set off "anti Jewish riots" back in the UK.

The British had promised independence and Arab control for the region if they revolted against the Ottomans in WWI, but then also promised to support it as a "Jewish National Home" around the same time, and then didn't bother to honor either agreement lol.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

There is an additional concern expressed by Egypt that if they take Palestinian refugees in part of the Sinai will become seen as the new Palestinian homeland, which drags Egypt even more into the entire Israel/Palestine fracas.  I've also heard some commentary that say Egypt fears that Israel would come after any Palestinian refugees, but that is likely fear-mongering.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
It probably isn't anything more complicated than not wanting to burden their economy with a million refugees for an indefinite amount of time.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

-Lots of people will die while trying to evacuate. (Really? Did the gov really think that one day is enough to transport every north Gaza citizen miles south? This screams maliciousness.)

-Israel will probably do a land invasion soonish.

-Hamas doomed every Palestinian 

-Evangelist Christians will now rave about the rapture (again)

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
I mean I might be missing something but a ground level invasion seems catastrophically stupid, if anything that's probably what Hamas was hoping to bait them into.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
That's the point! Hamas suckers Israel to invade, then Iran and Syria will jump in. And then everyone else will.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

I can only imagine the shitstorm this thread would be if Aman, Tan, Fazz and Puds were here.

We could have Israel-Hamas War at home.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Commended by Ford on 10/16/2023 5:31:22 PM

If you can't afford to go see a real Israel-Hamas war, storebought is fine

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
With Steve launching random missile barrages at all participants just because.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

Steve was also the only secular member of that bunch. He truly was the Syrian Arab Republic of his day 

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Not exactly keeping up with this minute to minute like some of you Twitter fags, but I saw that Hamas released two Americans (a mother and daughter) and that some aid is now able to move in from the Egyptian border. And no poorly thought out ground invasion yet although I'm sure it'll happen eventually. Israel is committed to wiping out Hamas and I'm not sure if there's any way they can realistically back down given the scale of the massacre. Lots of obvious parallels to 9/11 in this whole thing, including the fact Israel doesn't seem to have an exit strategy and that setting up a capable government there afterwards would be iffy at best, and this will all breed a bunch more terrorists.

The whole decades long Israel/Palestine debate is kind of rendered moot now, no idea what will happen going forward except that it will get worse. Hamas still would've expected this outcome though and presumably still feels like they'll have the upper hand in a ground invasion.

Also I saw that the initial massacre wiped out a bunch of people that were not even Israelis, they were butchering a bunch of Thai and Filipino and Nepalese people just there as agricultural workers or carerakers for the elderly, and a lot of those are the current hostages too. Hopefully those two women will be only the first to be released.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
They released two more, an 85 and 79 year old woman, I guess it was better to get some goodwill then just to have them die of their medical stuff. Their husbands are still being held though, I think the total number known is 222 now. Since a lot of them were foreign workers it's taken awhile to get the full count.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago

Israel will probably do a land invasion soonish.

I really didn't want to be right on that one, but it seems that my prediction was true.

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
Calm down there Nostradamus

Israel-Hamas War (Again)

6 months ago
They have been chomping at the bit this whole time, they got talked into delaying it but it was always going to happen. Can't really just take a 9/11 level attack from the neighbors and not go to war.