Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago

I wandered back onto this site 198 days ago.

Since then, much drama has unfolded.

Adoptions have occurred. New faces have emerged. Most importantly, rivalries have been established.

Ant has made an enemy of pretty much everyone, but specifically Suranna, it would seem. Petros and TCat have had it out for each other practically since the beginning.

I’m sure there’s a plethora of others who hate people as well.

In all of this, I have been challenged to one total writing duel. The person I was against didn’t even bother to show.

However, instead of demanding a rematch against a user I hardly know, I wish to challenge someone that I do.

(Before we begin, I’d like to say that I have no qualms against this person truthfully, but for the sake of the challenge I’ll ignore that)

From the very first, this person has been correcting my usage of different words and spelling (even when I am, in fact, correct), as well as being just generally annoying.

As a writer, I respect him. He has some pretty impressive accomplishments (such as four published storygames, three of which have been featured, and being bestowed one of the trophies of the gods), and I rather like his writing style… even if it is dark, depressing, and gay.

All of my anger towards him came to a head when he (le gasp) STOLE my contest prompt. Of course, I destroyed him with my obviously superior tale, but that’s irrelevant.

This grievous deed cannot go without acknowledgment any longer.

Therefore, I hereby challenge you, @Darius_Conwright, to a writing duel.

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago

burn...

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago

It's strange to see a challenge that's supposed to be filled with all overemcompassing rage be lathered with overt praise that borders into kissing the ground i shat on or what some internet historians may call "simping". To be frank, it's funny that you imply that Gay Old Time should be featured as well, since only two of my stories are currently featured. However I'm flattered to have acquired another admirer of my work.

@fresh_out_the_oven , very well, let's duke it out some time. Prepare yourself against your most formidable foe, a chronic contest loser who gotten their arse beaten by a teenage boy and has never won another duel ever since.

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago

Did I say featured? I meant commended. Shit.

May the gayest writer win.

Also, look at you, correcting my post about how annoying your correcting is

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago

Well, you shouldn't make any dumb mistakes then. But yeah, it's fun to do this stuff again.

Yet Another Challenge!

one year ago
All right, settle down you crazy kids. We've got two duels set up for the weekend already, and people will need time to vite.

It's also been pointed out we never got to the second round of the Mean Girl slapfight due to the timing with that miserable slog of a contest, so we'll have to make plans for that too. I'll get a thread up to organize it all and get this weekends prompts out for the four that are competing a little later today.