Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was rejected 2/16/2023: Not useful. Already ways to list non-banned users anyway and admins have the powah

Users List Page

2 years ago

Just a passing suggestion that can be refused or accepted. I'm not sure if it's something that admin would be interested in, but can we add a Users List page to the site? A page where all the usernames are listed (maybe alphabetically), and next to each username it states if they are online/offline or neutral/shamed/banned. There's no reason for it, but I thought it might be a nice feature.

Users List Page

2 years ago
It might be, but there might need to be some filters: perhaps the default list only shows users who have logged in during the past three months or something. The shamed indicator is nice, but I suspect that's a lot more work. I don't know if you'd want it to be able to completely list every name in the database as there's likely hundreds that are banned and hundreds more that have never been used (or haven't been used in years). Maybe a filter could be to only show users who have at least 100 points? Nah, that would still show very old accounts...

Users List Page

2 years ago

Maybe we can filter accounts that have been active/shamed in the last 3 years. We can exclude the banned accounts past today, and add a section for them if they appear after the creation of this page.

Users List Page

2 years ago
The site is old enough to legally drink a beer in the US, I think it may have waaay more users than you're thinking, even in a more limited timeframe.

But the admins already have a a Recent Users page that goes back maybe 24 hours? That and the recent reviews and forum posts (with some bits stripped out for viewing by regular users obviously) seems like they could be made visible to everyone to help show how active the site is at any given time.

Not going to accept or reject this though since there's only a couple of people who can do the actual updates and it really comes down to them.

Users List Page

2 years ago
For a fun activity, go to your messages and click to create a brand new one. When it asks who the recipient is, type a word like 'wolf' or 'silver' to get just a small glimpse of site history.

Also suggested: warrior, dark, fire, shadow....I think you get the gist.

Users List Page

2 years ago

Well, that's a lot of users!

I see the "Who Is Online" section of the website at the end of any page, and it really is effective. I thought to expand it a little more, but now that seems like a big pain. Oh well! I wonder what the website technicians think?

Users List Page

2 years ago

Well the whole "recent users" solves the issue of there being way too many names on one page, and it could go somewhere in its own little corner of the site. Although, as mizal said, it's up to the code wizards to actually implement.

Users List Page

2 years ago

Could change it to be something similar to Discord, with instead of the list being at the bottom it could be moved to one of the sides of the page in a top-down fashion. The admins could be at the top for easy access and at least that way you don't have to scroll down so far on some of the pages to see who is online.

Users List Page

2 years ago
Well if we're going to go that far... I think the list on the right will have noob targets at the top of the list for easy access and the admins will be hidden from the list so people will leave them alone

Users List Page

2 years ago

Haha well... whatever works, just figured the admins would enjoy another way to show they're above us lowly citizens. Not sure how you could stop a swarm of retarded noobs messaging them though... 

Users List Page

2 years ago

I wonder if any of the code wizards are online to give their opinion. I don't think I know any.

Users List Page

2 years ago
It's not as important to me. There's some other stuff I'll jump back into that would be a lot more useful to most people (dark mode, unicode support, fixing font sizes on mobile, etc.)

Users List Page

2 years ago

Oh, okay! Those are indeed currently more useful. Sounds good! :)