Non-threaded

Forums » Feature Wishing Well » Read Thread

Suggestions for improvements and additions to the site.
This feature was accepted 2/16/2023: On-page word counter would be nice. Not happening anytime soon though.

Show page number on page editing screen

2 years ago

It'd be really useful if the page number was listed somewhere on the page editing screen.  As it is, if you want to find out the system number of the page you're currently on, you have to scroll through the list of all the pages on a link leading to that page until you find the gray highlighted one.  This is especially annoying for games that use a lot of $DEST codes, and have pages with identical names.  Having the page's system number visible somewhere on the page's editing screen (say, near the title) would save a lot of time.

Not sure how easy this would be to code into the editor, however.  Is this at all a realistic request?

(If the answer to this is "sure, that's easy to do", then it would also be nice to have page system numbers listed on the item effect screens/starting page/variable destination list too.)

(EDIT:  Since I'm here, it would also be nice to be able to check my game's word count without going halfway through the publishing process)

2 years ago

You can see the page number at the end of the URL when you are editing the page:

https://chooseyourstory.com/advanced_editor/(number)/storypage?pageId=25 means you are editing page 25.

2 years ago

Thanks, I never noticed that!

2 years ago
For word count, I think the quickest way from inside the editor is Save and Exit, then click the title and hover the mouse over Play Length.

2 years ago

Got it, thanks!