Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Don't take any of this shit seriously... You might get offended, and then the mods would get all pissed at me for offending you because you told them you were offended because you took this shit seriously, and that would fuck up everyone's shit, wouldn't it?

So,I hear you want to know the real Greek mythology on only the deepest of historical accounts and stuff?

Here it is.

So first, there was nothing but the abyss, and out came these different thingies, even though there was nothing there at all except nebula guts, so they insist, there were still these landform things that came out of the abyss... Please don’t apply any logic to that. So when these landform thingies finished coming out of the abyss, they started making all these evil space rivers. So one of these space-river things was called Niflheim, and it was all cold. And due to the fact that there were no impurities in the water for it to crystalize on, there wasn’t any ice in the river, so the water decided that in order to turn into ice, it would have to find impurities by going into outer space. So that’s where it went in the form of a river.

And then there was Muspellsheim, where it was all fiery and stuff, like if you’ve walked through the portal during the first part of saving Kvatch in Oblivion, except with more fire and stuff. Anyway, the fire there was poisonous, but fire-proof armor wasn’t invented yet making the poison useless. So the fire decided that in order to find some entity that had fire-proof armor to provide some challenge to it, it would have to go to space, even though there wasn’t any oxygen in space, but it went there in the form of a river.  And so the two rivers ran into each other and had a really epic battle until the explosion somehow turned into a sentient enitity who was more intelligent than the fire and the water combined.

And so the first thing he did was kill himself so he could turn into a mass of rock and dirt with gasses floating around it. Unfortunately, his death was permanent, and no future references to Norse mythology would ever be made by the Greeks again. And so, suddenly the gasses and the rocks woke up. The rocks’ name was Geovanni, which was weird because it was a girl, and the gasses didn’t have a name, but Geovanni saw that in the future, he would be a total jerk, so she combined the words “urine” and “anus” and called him Uranus for the rest of his days. But eventually Maxwell’s Demon did some weird math thing and made the arrow of time glitch out, making her future-seeing powers null and void, and from that point on, the only things on earth that would be able to see the future were people who lived in the big temple at Delphi and smoked illegal stuff in order to go into trances and speak gibberish. (Similar techniques were tried in America and other places on a large scale during the 60s).

So eventually Geovanni and Uranus got married and attempted to have kids. The first result was a bunch of really big, muscular, and powerful dudes. They enjoyed doing blacksmith work and farming sheep. Unfortunately, Uranus thought they were ugly and flawed because they only had one eye in their heads, and so he threw them all in the biggest hole he could find. These first children were the Xenomorphs. (You couldn’t POSSIBLY have thought I was talking about Cyclopes could you?)

Geovanni felt bad for the Xenomorphs, and so she self-impregnated in order to create a race that he would think was perfect. They had blond hair and blue eyes and their faces were slim, and Uranus thought that was great. Geovanni secretly hired the strongest one to jump Uranus’s sorry… Nevermind, bad joke, everyone… But still, she hired the strongest one to jump Uranus… Still sounds like a bad joke… ANYWAY, the strongest one, who was named Prometheus because he was pro enough to beat the living crap out of Uranus, (I apologize for the third time, but I never thought I could make many jokes with that name…) threw Uranus up into the air so high that it took him several bajillion years to come back down. When he finally got back to earth, he went by the name of Adolph Hitler.

Prometheus married his sister and had kids, which he ate. After a while, his sister, (and who could blame her) got all mad and decided she would hide his secret stash of pepto bismol. Prometheus had a severe condition meaning that if he didn’t have anything coating his digestive system, not only would he get heartburn, but he would vomit profusely, and so, Prometheus made sure that he would drink entire bottles of pepto in order to keep him from getting an upset stomach. After eating his most recent child, Prometheus went to fetch a quick drink. When he found that the pepto bismol was not there, he yelled several things at his wife which I am too merciful to say, as it would embarrass him very much.

That was when his wife gave him a drink of melted bubble gum instead to trick him, and that was the final straw. Prometheus puked all over the place and the hormones in his body caused all of his kids to be fully grown, making it like kidney stones for the asophagus. And since he didn’t chew, the adult Olympian gods came right out from inside of him alive and struggling, causing him to die in the process. And so, to this day, light-skinned babies still look pink when they’re born and human parents still nag their children about chewing food well. So they all went up onto a mountain and turned into the Olympian gods.

There was Santa Clause, the god of flying, snow, and elves, Chuck Norris, the god of war and death, and Bruce Lee, who was also the god of war and death and of being able to kick Chuck Norris’s glutes. Another god was Simon Lane, who was the tallest and strongest of all the dwarves in the world and wielded a mighty hammer that commanded lightning and weather, therefore he was the god of hammers and CLEARLY not a reference to Norse mythology OR the god of thunder. And then there’s Batman, who was the god of, you guessed it, ducks, alcohol, potatoes, and Russian alcohol made with potatoes.

The “Big three” as Percy Jackson fans would know them as and clearly can guess who I’m going to introduce next, were Cthulhu, Jesus, and Morgan Freeman. Cthulhu was the god of the sea, and he wielded a magical staff that had indescribable and otherwise unholy things carved onto it that would make anyone who looked at it go bonkers and hang themselves. He could also do really cool stuff with water and physics and non-Euclidean geometry. Jesus was the god of the sky, and therefore he was the king of all of the other gods. And of course we can’t forget Morgan Freeman, who is the god of standing in bright light and wearing white clothing.

Then some whiny bastard children who thought the gods were stupid enough to hook up with their ugly mothers made some silly little club and teamed up with inbred horse-people and goat dudes, results of furries banging their pets, and tried to use magic. They called it Camp Half Blood.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I am offended by you trying not to offend me.

You forgot about the part where the pokemon freaks try to raid the chess-convention to establish control of Limbo.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Hehehehe uranus. 

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

DAMMIT! The Greek Mythology chapter in my math textbook said NOTHING about the pokemon I totally forgot about that part!

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Hades gets a raw deal in today's media. He's either portrayed as some greek myth version of the devil or some sort of villain.

The guy was just doing the job none of his more egotistical siblings wanted. Really he was probably one of the "nicer" greek gods.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

We have all watched Disneys Hercules, your statement is invalid.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Ah, the good old days! I think he is Hades o.0

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Pipe down Daedalus, you're in no position to talk given that you murdered your nephew and couldn't even get your son to listen to you.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Ah, yes, the tale of Daedalus, way back in the time when Theseus beat the shit out of a giant mutant manatee that was placed in a maze deep under the mountains of Tokyo, Daedalus was off inventing stuff. He was a total steampunk badass. As a huge shipment of manatee leather was sent to Greece by Theseus Inc. Daedalus stole it to test his latest manatee-processing invention. This pissed off Theseus, so he he kicked him into a giant Spartan pit whilst yelling the name of whatever Greek city-state this happened to be in.  Luckily, Daedalus made a parachute out of the large amount of manatee leather he stole and landed safely on the ground. He then saw that his son was falling down the pit too, so he made a little pad for him to land on and absorb the shock.  He told his son to listen to him and land on the pad, but the convenient trampoline immediately next to it seemed the better option, so he landed on that isntead, and through cartoon logic, Daedalus's son was hurled up into the sun where he melted graphically. This pissed Daedalus off, so he invented the jetpack, (out of manatee leather) and flew up and beat the ever-loving shit out of Theseus with the heated steel rod that he also invented by extracting the metal particles out of the manatee leather with the other thing he invented in the pit that just happened to be made out of (you guessed it) trampoline pieces.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

You're talking complete nonsense, everyone knows Kratos killed everyone. Lol.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I invented flying. Dont forget that part.

edit: noticed you covered that part, my apologies.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Nope, Medic, the god of birds and OP healing devices invented flying. (because he invented birds, duh.)

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Flight for humans then. 

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

As far as sustained flight, yes, but Cthulhu invented flying humans when he beat the living shit out of some rogue xenomorphs and threw them into hell during the war against Satan, Kratos, and an army of incestuous rapist hillbillies. you see, he mistook a human for a xenomorph and chucked him for a few miles before he graphically splattered, due to his immense speed, on the red sea. (That's why it's called the red sea, because fuck sea monsters, cthulhu threw some bastard instead.)

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I've always felt a bit sorry for Hades. I mean c'mon, the man doesn't even like his job! He does nothing evil, he just rules the plains of the dead. The Greek Underworld is not meant to be like Hell. Plus, no Hades means no snow. I rest my case.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

We have all watched Disneys Hercules, your statement is invalid.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

that is pretty funny and to be fair he is sort of right.

Hades drew the final lot and got to rule the underworld. He has to guard literally the pit of evil (tartarus) and has to keep bad souls from escaping. That has got to ruin someone in more than one way I mean you would be effected by tartarus and bad souls whispering in his ear day in day out. you should kill him. But he is under orders to not end them and keep them contained.

Once you think about it he is the under appreciated big brother keeping all the bad things away from the younger kids. (He is the elder brother)

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

First of all stop bringing Percy Jackson into it. Choas was the void. Get it. Then after time passed Gaia or Gaea sprang from it. Gaea known as the Earth mother. She was the first of the primordials She created her son the sky ouranus which became her husband. There children the cyclops, the hundred-handed (forgot what they were called), and lastly Titans.

Ouranus disgusted by the site of the Cyclopes and The hundred hand sealed them inside of the Gaea into Tartarus. Tartarus is also a primordial but don't his story of creation. Anyway Gaea sadden by prisonning of her children called upon the Titans to attack their father. ONLY KRONOS was brave enough. So when Night fell and Ouranus went to embarce Gaea Kronos attacked him and castrated him. His Semen fell into the sea thus created Aphrodite. After Defeating his father Kronos took his place as ruler,but he didn't free his imprisoned kin and he took his sister Rhea as his wife. Later he heard a prophecy that one of his children would dethrone him. To prevent this he ate them. Rhea wanted one to live so she gave him a rock wrapped in cloth which he ate.

She took Zeus to island Crete where he grew and was ready to rule for himself. He snuck into the Titans palace and drugged his father cup with a herb that allowed him to spit up his brothers and sisters. Also he freed the cyclopes and the Hundred-handed. Cyclopes happy for being freed fought for him and made him and his brother weapons. the lightning bolt(Zeus), trident (Poseidon) and helm(Hades). The gods won the war and took lots for the world. Zeus the sky Posiedon the seas and Hades the underworld they split the earth amongst them selves.

I hop this little info help Sent so you can stop making a mockery of something i enjoy.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

And a while after, some dude named hercules beat the shit out of a giant housecat, a siamese quintuplet Argonian, and Chuck Norris, in order to show that his brother should give him a hug and let him screw his wife like people did in those days... (Also, you appear to have missed the invisible part of the first post. Can't blame you though, it's pretty fucking invisible.)

"To know how to do something well is to be able to do it badly"

-some crusty old man

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I consider myself a but of a sucker for Greek mythology and looking at many myths it seems many of their problems from Zues not being able to keep it in his pants. 

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I think he was reading from that weird version that got really popular for a while and then died out before the true(This) mythology was released. :)

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

It really depends on who you ask with Greek Mythology but they tend to follow the same path with different details like the story of Vulcan (can so not spell his Greek name and too lazy to look up) like in one Hera is disgusted and throws him off the mountain. While in another it was Zues who was mad

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I'm just now seeing it.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

For shame! You didn't even put up the thread necro picture!

Fireplay, would you be so kind as to correct Franks' error?

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Hah. My original minor was in secondary ed and mythology. Nice interpretation.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Yeah, I did try to get things as spot-on as I could before screwing them up. T'was fun.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Bruce Lee is not the god of war, he is the god of badass's secretary. Chuck Norris is the god of Badass, and the God of War is that pussy, Ares..

And so Chuck, in all his glory, allowed Bruce Lee to 'win', in exchange for the man's soul. However, Chuck, in his infinite wisdom, saw in Bruce the potential to become his second in command, and so, the Secretary of Infinite was born.

The word of Chuck.

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

True story! ^^

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Naru,

It's called Greek MYTH-ology

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I know, but Myths have to have at least some modicum of trth in it, or else it's just not believeable. XD

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

I honestly don't know how the greeks believed some of these things...

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

Magic?

Greek Mythology

10 years ago

How did they ever mistake a damn ELEPHANT SKULL for a cyclops? I mean, they do have the hole in their heads, but there was no body accompanying the skull, and they were a helluva lot more likely to encounter living elephants and find that damn skull. There's the people somewhere southwest(?) of them that were blacksmiths and sheep-herders and painted circles on their foreheads, but they were very obviously human, and unless the greeks are inherently midgets, they were an average-person-height at best.