Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Chapters and Links

10 years ago

So,

In my first storygame, the player has several shops to buy from throughout the game.

I want them to have access to them at all times, but when I made the third chapter, I saw that I would have to make the shop pages ALL OVER AGAIN! #Urrggghhh

Will I have to make the items in the shops twice, one for each chapter, or can I just copy an entire page from the second chapter to the third chapter? 

Chapters and Links

10 years ago
Well if you want them to have access at all itmes, why not just make items or something like "Food Store" or something like that.

Chapters and Links

10 years ago

You could set it so an option will be recorded and removed after you click it. I think the best person to ask about that would be Berka right now.

Chapters and Links

10 years ago

Do you know how to do that?

Chapters and Links

10 years ago
Set a link restriction and if you have the item the link is not clickable but if you don't have it then it is clickable I think

Chapters and Links

10 years ago

You should be able to use scripting to have them able to access the pages. Scripting ignores page chapters.

You'd have to explain a little better how it's done now for me to know for sure though.

Chapters and Links

10 years ago

Killa is right, you can create just 1 shop page and direct links to it in each chapter (across chapters) - then have a link script to send them back to the Chapter they came in from after they are done shopping or whatever.