Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Any suggestions, guys? I'm rewatching SNK and Dragon Ball GT because I can but I would like something...new. Just list some, if you can spare the time :P

I need anime...

9 years ago

Hey, Delta!  I'm working 3rd shift (10pm-6am) so I'm on graveyard duty.

My personal favorite anime of all time is Berserk.  If you haven't already seen it, it's deff worth watching!

Sword of the Stranger is a great Anime movie.  Stumbled upon it a few years back and had to add it to my dvd collection.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Depends What are you into? I have anime for every type  of person to suggest. Up to new stuff to some 90s classics.

I need anime...

9 years ago

I like all these shows so this is completely personal opinion.

Well here are some general recommendations. Attack on Titans, One Piece, and Fairy Tail.

Now if you are into to Harems there is Highshcool DxD, Freezing, and Campione. (Note this all would be R ratings at least for boob flashing)

If you are into dark anime there is Death Note, Tokyo no Ghoul, and Psycho-Pass. (Dark to me means Physcological with some gore mixed in.)

If your looking for Fantasy then Nanatsu no Taizai, Log Horizon, Mahou Sensou, and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. Really liked the last one. Enough that I watched it serveral times.

I don't watch much sci-fi but I only gave out a few smatterins of the generes here. If you want more recomendations then ask.

I need anime...

9 years ago

You know...there is an edit button.

Anyway, I honestly could not make it through one episode of those overly ecchi anime. They can't be taken seriously, and they almost always sacrifice what could be a good story for fan service.

I need anime...

9 years ago
Ever watched Mirai Nikki? Good if you like slightly insane killing and stuff. It's about a survival game (sort of like an 'open world' Hunger Games style with 12 people trying to kill each other) where each contestant can see the future in some shape or form.

I need anime...

9 years ago

I watched it but it didn't excite me like the other dark animes in my list.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Read the manga, never saw the anime.

There's three side stories

Mirai Nikki Mosaic (the story from Minene Ury's POV)

Mirai Nikki Paradox (alternate timeline where Akise Aru is the MC instead of Yukiteru)

Mirai Nikki Redial (this one there's an OVA for.  From Yuno's POV.)

I need anime...

9 years ago

Anime had some more background on the other contestants, but were otherwise very similar. I watched the first half and read the other half in the manga.

I need anime...

9 years ago

The only redeeming quality in that anima comes from Yuno(sp?). The protagonist is a weak-minded, weak-willed, and out right bitchy character. He spends the entire series being so annoying that it makes it painful to watch. Then, all of a sudden, he does  complete 180 without so much as a hint of development. Yuno IS that series.

I need anime...

9 years ago

that's the entire point- yukiteru is so lame his diary isnt' even about him.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Space Dandy

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

I need anime...

9 years ago

Space Battleship Yamato? 

EDIT: It's not cheesy... I swear... :P 

I need anime...

9 years ago

If your looking for a horror anime watch Another.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Puella

Magi

MADOKA MAGICA

OOH BOY

I need anime...

9 years ago

I'll be honest : 100% of these are slightly older.

Ghost in The Shell evartiem.

Angel Beats was...interesting.

Clannad seems like a harem, but compared to today's harem animes, this one uses a forefront of character interaction instead of plotless ecchi.  You'll never want to watch any other harem anime after this.

If you're into plot twists that would confuse even a sailor, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles.

Sgt. Frog; so childish...yet...it's not.

Fullmetal Alchemist, if you haven't already.

Essentially, 90% new animes are tasteless harems to jack off to.  If that's what you're seeing first thing in a synopsis, SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP it.  You'll be wasting your time (unless you're frustrated that way :P)

Examples TO SKIP

• Infinite Stratos (plot almost loses traction entirely for all of season 2; season 1 is just building the cast)
  • 90% other harems.  TRUST ME ON THIS BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH...

Others from other people :

Parasyte, as it isn't dark, but not too dark as the story progresses.

Ronja, the Robber's Daughter, because it's Ghibli's first TV series.

SAO with your own opinion...and maybe read the light novel for a clearer self-interpretation.

If you're into slice-of-life comedy (romance as newlyweds included) : Danna Ga Nani O Itteiru Ka Wakaranai Ken

Daily Lives of High School Boys : you'll be WTFing all the way.

Black Lagoon; fun to see an anime where everyone's a "bad guy", and the one guy who thinks he's above them all descends so far down...

Code Geass (the original series); staple anime if you're into a story that runs like an RP with mechs.

I'm out of ideas.

I need anime...

9 years ago

SAO is a harem as well.

I disagree about the 90% thing in fact I can list several new animes that just came out that arent harems.

I need anime...

9 years ago

I wouldn't call it harem since we all know who he will end up with. Shuffle! is what I think of when I hear harem.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Yeah but every arc its a new girl on his arm even in the second season.

I need anime...

9 years ago

I hated SAO

BUT

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys was very WTF. Loves it.

"Jack has joined your party!"

I need anime...

9 years ago

Just started Monster after an anime-break spanning a year. Excellent so far.

I need anime...

9 years ago

They keep saying they're planning a live-action series of Monster on HBO.

I need anime...

9 years ago

That'd be pretty cool.

I need anime...

9 years ago
One of my frieeends told me to suggest "Girls und Panzer". I haven't watched any yet, but a combination of all-girls high schools and tank warfare can't be that bad.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Is that one of those animes where all the Nazis are young blonde girls with big tits and wearing uniforms that barely cover their asses allowing for perpetual panty shots?

I need anime...

9 years ago
I'm not sure.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Strike Witches?

I need anime...

9 years ago

I didn't watch it. I think it was about a girls only military school and there division just happened to be tanks.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Some of the best anime that I can think of:

Vallkyria Chronicles - War, Historical. lovable protagonist and lots of action if that's what you're in to. Oh, and there is some romance in there somewhere.

Death Note - Drama, Suspense. One of the most epic anime I've watched to date. Truly a must see!

Code Geass - I'm not sure how exactly I should categorize this. Very good.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom - Action, Suspense, Drama, Romance(?). This is my favorite anime of all time! Great action scenes! Beautiful music! You will be at the edge of your seat waiting in anticipation for what happens next. This anime is far too underrated.

Ouran High School Host Club - Romance, Comedy, Reverse Harem. I admit, I was younger when I first saw this one, and it's the only one that doesn't have action, but I think it's still good.

Advice from a mostly PG audience

9 years ago

One of my favorites is Samurai flamenco, but that doesn't mean it's good. It's actually quite....strange.... Think of Kick-Ass except for with an asexual 20 year old who has been brain washed by the media into thinking he can be a sentai fighter. 

Norigami is AMAZING! Nice animation, good cast, and a decent balance of action and humor.

Watch Star Driver if you want something sweet to the eyes and ears (music and graphics are phenomenal....story and character wise....meh....). I don't like mecha, but this was just plain fab.

I enjoyed Haikyuu.... It wasn't a gay sports anime like Free. It gives you a good "Awwwww", "AAAAAH" and "SUGOIIIIIII" feeling.

Barakamon and Usagi Drop are lovely shows about kids, although Barakamon is more humor and Usagi is more drama. Both are cute.

PSYCHO PASS IS EXHILARATING ALSOOOOO

I need anime...

9 years ago

Jeez, I'm surprised this is even still getting replies XD

I need anime...

9 years ago
I'm surprised you're still getting replies.

I need anime...

9 years ago

well you asked a question and didnt reply 

I need anime...

9 years ago

Yes!  We need to know which of our recommendations you liked!  XD

I need anime...

9 years ago

..Nobody's going to say it?....*le signn*, Gurren Lagann.

I need anime...

9 years ago

But 14 year old girls do NOT look like that.  ._.

I need anime...

9 years ago

I personally don't like mechs except for the og zoids.

I need anime...

9 years ago

You want to draw anime or watch it?

I need anime...

9 years ago

Is it not clear enough? :p

I need anime...

9 years ago
He said he needed anime, implying premade anime, not diy anime.

I need anime...

9 years ago

Naruto, anyone?