Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

What's you guys' favorite steampunk. I myself am partial to Scott Westerfield's Leviathan trilogy, just wondering what you guys think.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

I haven't seen much of the genre, to be perfectly honest, which is something I'm sad about. I've seen several little elements mixed into fantasy / sci-fi series, but not much of pure steampunk.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

China Mievilles New Crobuzon series.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Sounds good I'll have to check it out.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Leviathan is the shit.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Betaband, Darwinist or Clanker.... In the books, not real life of course. I've gotta say I like the Clanker tech, but the Darwinist stuff grew on me by the last book. Sort of like Alek I guess! laugh

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Darwinism is so cool in theory, but the huge clanker cities are equally badass.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago
Not that you want my input, as I have only read parts of the first book, but I have to say Clanker.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Yeah... I'm Clanker... And I have to say, the biggest logic hole in the books seems to be how the Clankers don't just build protections on their ships and walkers against the Flechette Bats

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

The Flechette bats eat metal. Not much you can do.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago
Except go the Tony Stark route and create a non-metal that seems to have all of the properties of metal, except for the inconvenient ones.

Favorite Steampunk?

9 years ago

Or just use flipping stone, I mean really, these Germans could do SOMETHING.... And if there is no cover that can be made, just replace those light guns with red lights that reflect the bats back into the Leviathan. Just sayin. But the books are still awesome.