Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

So, I need to actually finish an actually story-game and I go onto phases of motivation to no motivation.

I am currently working on one story-game, a ghost story where you play as a character who either believes or doesn't believe in ghosts and is either trying to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts. And there is a silly ending because I want to be silly, and I don't really know how many endings I will have, but there's at least 3 good endings.

I might even start working on multiple ones, but one is good for now.

I pretty much work on all the different things at the same time. Like, I would make each choice, write down what that happens with that choice, and go onto what happens if you chose the other one. Like that. If you understand.

But really, I need some motivation.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

Motivation troubles, huh?

How does your story work? Is it a "gather all the item pieces of evidence" and "search for clues" like a murder mystery type thing? How do you plan to -disprove- ghosts? Seems logically difficult. After all, proving an object exists somewhere in the world is easy. You just need to find one. Proving that it exists nowhere in this world is extremely difficult. To do so thoroughly means to check the entire earth.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

It's nothing too serious, I'm still working on how the story goes, it might change a little or a lot. It's not where anyone collects things because I have to learn how to do the coding stuff. It's not that they truly do so, it's more of if the character chooses to change their mind or whatever. Not actually doing so. It  makes sense in my head, I just can't find the words to describe it.

The character goes into the story either believing or not believing in ghosts, and then at the end they could either still believe or not believe or change their minds completely kind of thing.

I messed up my wording in the main post. I guess it's more of proving or disproving more to yourself than to really anyone else, so it doesn't get all complicated with other people. It's more of putting someone in a situation and see if they change their mind or not. Does that make sense? Because that's the best way I can really describe what I'm trying to say. It's all for the character's personal mindset or whatever the word I'm trying to look for.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago
If you're looking for more ideas for the story, here is a site I found with some ideas to get your mind in gear!

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

Idk, I have to think about it before I join that site because it seems I can't read it without being a member or something.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago
Sorry about that -- it didn't have a paywall when I visited it the first time! I'm not sure why we can't read it now!

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

It's fine, it happens.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

The link has a little quotation mark at the end of it and that's what's causing it to go to a paywall. Remove the quotation at the end and the site works fine.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago

Thank you, I wish I noticed that, lol.

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago
Ah thanks! That would be my fat fingers!

Motivate Monkey!

8 years ago
Go team MonkeyGirl, Go!

(And you thought we forgot about you!)