Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Can I talk about immigration here?

8 years ago

...or is it too taboo?

8 years ago

What do you mean by immigration?

8 years ago
Sure. But present your own position in the initial post. Just don't start a topic without a stance in an effort to spark a flame war.

8 years ago

8 years ago

8 years ago

Yes as long as you're respectful.  It's okay to disagree with your country's current immigration policy; but not to call immigrants derogatory names, etc.

And like Bucky said, you have to present an opinion- no just posting a question to see what ppl say.

8 years ago

I thought you were setting us up for a bad joke. 

D:

8 years ago

What about it?

8 years ago

The real question is: why would you want to talk about it?

8 years ago

To call immigrants derogatory names and bait people into a flame war obviously.

8 years ago

That's not my intention. I myself am a (legal) immigrant, and I want to see people's views on my own opinion about illegal immigration. I guess I'll make a different topic about it, then sooner or later. See y'all there.

8 years ago

Ok. If you want to have a serious debate amount immigration I imagine you would not have chosen this Forum. This is (often forgotten) a writing Forum for aspiriting writers to post articles of creativiy. If you are a legal immigrant looking for people's opinions about illegal immigration there are literally THOUSANDS of sites you could have picked more devoted than this one to that topic. Also I would recommend advancing an opinion to encourage debate: that always helps

8 years ago

Is it? People talk about lots of social, political, economic and spiritual topics on here. Most folks respond either because they're bored out of their minds, enjoy debates, or have strong opinions, so my motives are easily guessed. (I'm bored.) People selecting the topics, on the other hand, tend to be slightly less predictable--barring the ones who just wanna start a fight.

I find your question amusing though, because seven hours ago, you apparently wanted details about the OP yourself.

8 years ago

XD we're not debating immigration, we're debating whether or not ppl should be allowed to talk about immigration. 

8 years ago

Oh.....gotcha.

8 years ago

I never said we were currently debating or discussing it.

But he asked why would want to talk about it. And I gave an answer. (I also asked "what about it" because it's relevant to whether or not the OP would be wise in bringing it up.)

8 years ago

Why would you want to talk about immigration on a writing site? :) I can think of lots more interesting topics...

8 years ago

I don’t like all these orcs coming into the country. They’re stupid, they’re violent, they’re lazy and they stink. All they do is go around mugging humans and raping our women. I mean sure, I’ve know a few that were okay, but that’s the exception, not the rule.

Really, this country is too fucking multicultural as it is. It’s bad enough we let those elven degenerates marry each other. And don’t get me started on the dark elves…

They should all go back to where they came from, but of course the milk drinkers and gnome lovers say “No, it’s fine, just come here and live off the public dime.” Meanwhile ol' Mugrub is fucking their wife and producing a bunch of ugly halfbreed pig noses.

This country was founded by humans and it should STAY human. Things were better when you didn’t have uppity halflings getting an attitude about their so called 900 years of oppression and playing that awful hobbit music. They ought to be grateful, if it wasn’t for humans, they’d all still be living in holes in the fucking ground.

We don’t need these other races coming here fucking up our bloodlines and leeching off our hard work.

Remember Anti-racist = Human Genocide.

WAKE UP HUMANS!

8 years ago

... Should End be banned for this? frown

8 years ago

Don't even get me started about the frumbleglumps.

(Whatever happened to Mardox anyway? I vaguely recall an off-handed comment about him talking back to one of the mods. Speaking of which, someone mentioned a while back that CreatorX was serving jail time. Nobody filled me in on that.)

8 years ago

As I remember Mardox got himself banned for making some sock puppet accounts and then spamming some "Death to the mods, fight oppression!" type stuff because he didn't agree with some recent rule.

CreatorX/Honor actually did go to jail since he was involved in the real life Baltimore riots. (His last comment during that time was "I'm going back out there.")

He returned for a bit later, but he said he was out on bail awaiting trial or something. Disappeared again, so we're all just assuming he's back in jail. Makes for a better story anyway.

8 years ago

I dunno what a "hob-bit" or "nom" is, but those damn Thalmor, Orcs, And Khajiit could go fuck themselves!

DEATH TO THE EMPIRE!

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS!