Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Strangest things that happened to you?

8 years ago

Could be anything. What is the strangest/most awkward/weirdest thing that has ever happened to you or around you?

8 years ago

Strangest thing to have happened to me... maybe when I got my wisdom teeth pulled, and when I woke up, I was seeing two of everyone, and everything. I felt as high as a cloud too, so that didn't help. It was bizarre. 

8 years ago
Strangest? My friend openly admitted to both being gay (not much of a surprise) and having a fetish for plastic bags (ie uses them to get off - which was very strange) Most awkward? Losing my virginity was pretty awkward. Weirdest? I got cut by a peeling a banana and to this day I still have no idea how.

8 years ago

If losing your virginity isn't the most awkward experience in your life, then you're lying XD

8 years ago

Really? ... Guess I was lying and I didn't know it.

8 years ago
I guess it depends? If you've already discussed it with your SO and you go into it with realistic expectations, it's not too awkward. That's a lie, it's still very awkward, but it could have been so much worse.

8 years ago

I realize I'm in the minority, but I really didn't find it awkward, let alone the most awkward experience of my life. My SO and I had known each other for years and we worked up to that moment. (Our first french kiss was awkward--which was my fault--and so were a few other firsts.) When we actually got there ... it was great. Not like I saw fireworks or heard an angel chorus on our first go, but I'm glad it happened.

8 years ago

Haven't had much that's strange or weird happen to me, but it was pretty awkward when I asked a girl out, got turned down, and then got moved right next to her in Science class.

8 years ago

My dorm was haunted for a while. That was weird.

8 years ago

Ghosts are even getting to atheists now? Damn, they're getting good.

8 years ago

Lol never have I seen that ghosts=religion. Or even dead people. Just that they're there.

8 years ago

The (western, at least) concept of a ghost is derived from the idea that humans have an aspect of their existence separable from their physical bodies.

Forgive me, it's just that when people talk about "hauntings", they're usually talking about the "disembodies spirit" type.

8 years ago

8 years ago

We were taking a feild trip, I think it was to that big eco dome in tuscon arizona, anyway one thing led to another and I fell into a cactus, not gonna lie i lost a lot of respsect from my peers that day.

8 years ago

I was helping my dad skin a deer once, and when we were pulling the skin down around her belly, the pressure forced some gas from her intestines out of the arrow wound in her neck/shoulder area. It even made an audible noise.

In terms of awkwardness, the time that takes the cake was when I found out that a girl I liked was a lesbian.

8 years ago

My entire relationship with a certain girl. I'm used to the awkwardness now, but I don't exactly think it's normal.

8 years ago

Do you like her more than a friend, or just as friends?

8 years ago

He likes her as a stick of salami.

8 years ago

She had a long, long history of bad boyfriends. I was good friends with someone she dated and we met through him, things got complicated, they split up, he moved before things could get too volatile. We were good friends and we talked pretty often, I didn't think much of it... And she fell hard for the biggest douche in the world. Literally the biggest. Nasty guy. Bad, bad, bad things happened. The worst things happened. Far short of her physically hurt daily, I mean, but it wasn't far off.

I was asexual then, because my testosterone was broken and I later had to take supplements. I did my best to cheer her up, because she was my friend, she kissed me and I made a thread about it because I was asexual and uncomfortable, and thereafter followed a million weird questions about my dick.

I sort of let her down gently, told her I wasn't into that, and she was okay with it, but I could tell she was sad. (That could just be egotism and she was just a normal person having a rough time with life.) I was her friend through a few more emotional rollercoasters that were mostly down, and our word-to-hug ratio was far more skewed than average.

I've told her more than once that we wouldn't make a good couple, assured her that I wasn't gay, and let her know that being a nice guy should be par for the course and "I won't be a dick to you" shouldn't be the only alluring thing about them. I'm not sure she's convinced that a guy with more than one of those factors exist, but I've been in her corner hoping excitedly for her to find one... And hoping... And hoping... I feel a little bit like Pauli watching Rocky fight Drago in this respect, but at least we can talk, laugh, and hug in between. I'd like to think I've been a good, constructive friend and I haven't just been hurting her or acting as some sort of depressing reminder the whole time.

8 years ago

Sad and gross story :(

8 years ago

That's amazing Sent, she needs someone like you in her life.

8 years ago

Oh yeah, I remember that thread. I'm one of thooooooose.

8 years ago

Woah man, that... was really good. You a must be a great friend, not taking advantage of her when she is poor situation, and help her through a tough time in her life. That is a true friend. We may not always get along, but at least now I know there is a great guy on the other side of that screen. Sorry for all the shitty things I said to you in our previous arguments.

8 years ago

Strangest: I dreamt of an answer to an imaginary test question, the next morning I saw that same question on a test I was taking, I answered differently than what my dream said, and it turns out that my dream was smarter than me. (I am still confused on how that happened.)

Most Awkward: Performing live in front of a crowd of over a thousand, starting off the second song in our set (all I had to do was put on a capo), dropping said capo onto guitar strings making a horrible sound for everybody to hear, having the band and the entire crowd stare at me as I realize that the accursed capo was out of my reach, and having the band start without me (in the painfully awkward way to start off the song imaginable).

Weirdest: When I was at a beach in Fort Lauderdale (I lived in that Hell for years) some young men found a dead baby shark (there is a truckload of sharks down there). Being perfectly logical people, they proceeded to tie a rope around the corpse and drag it up and down the beach like it was some sort of parade. Once they got tired with that, they hung it on the pier like it was some sort of execution. (I believe that they might have been drunk and/or high.)

8 years ago

I constantly have strange things happened to me. One of the strangest was being on a date with a girl in Beijing, China and in the middle of the date she got a phone call saying her much-beloved grandfather who lived in the countryside had just died. Lacking the money to get there in a hurry and in a very bad emotional state I was nice enough to pay for transport and go with her. Reaching her grandfather's home we discovered her whole family had gathered and commenced with wailing, burning incense in a large bonfire in the middle of the road and chanting prayers for her grandfather's soul. Not really speaking Chinese I didn't really fit in.

With my date now taking a strange course I decided it was time to go home but unfortunately it had got so late the trains had stopped running and it was impossible to find a taxi. Her family were a bit short on space but did let me sleep on a sofa in the same room as my date's recently bereaved ninety-something year old Gran. She seemed a bit put out but I did try to explain I didn't really expect I'd be sleeping with her that night either. The next morning I took my date back to Beijing and for some reason or another we never had a second date...

But yeah, that's one of the odder nights out I've had. There have been lots of others :)

8 years ago

What's the difference between the strangest thing and the weirdest thing? I guess I'll just list three odd things that happened?

The strangest was the first time I tagged a long with a couple friends to help film their LARP. I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't fifteen guys dressed up in various home-made medieval costumes and whacking each other with rubber and Styrofoam weapons.

Most awkward would be having to drive my drunk ex home and then having to explain the situation to the parents.

Weirdest would be that one time my dad won a bottle of tequila while we were on a tour trip, and had to down about a third of it to cement his win. We spent the rest of the tour lugging around my dad - usually a very calm, rational person - who couldn't stop giggling and making the worst jokes ever.

8 years ago

Can't stop giggling and making the worst jokes ever? My god, Quiller, you've just experienced typical dad shit! He was imparting valuable wisdom! One day, you will be able to inflict these jokes upon your children and grandchildren, and they will pass it on to theirs! It's an unending cycle of basic comedy instincts. I remember, way back when I was a wee lad, when I came back from my first hunt, dragging the bear behind me, (still with the spear in it, mind you. Had I taken it out, it wouldn't have gotten stuck in the ground and caused me to dislocate an arm trying to pull it.) with my eyelid just about split in half, from that first swat he landed. And the village was in awe as I brought it to my old man. Never had there been a prouder moment in my life! And my dad, he said to me, "Mah guds, son! Whadd'appen toye? It moosta been UN-BEARABLE!"

Anyway, that's why I drink.

8 years ago

Were you trying to give the impression that your drunk dad has a Scottish accent, or is it just me?

8 years ago

Ohoho, my dad never drank in his life. You should hear my Grandma, she's so Scottish that you can't type what she's saying phonetically without having a stroke. She's so Scottish that you can't rightly tell how many syllables are in the sentences she's speaking. She's on such an absurd level of Scottish that she could be ranting about how her leg got blown off in The War or angrily reading the Twilight series and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart without listening for an hour.

8 years ago

Ah, I see.

8 years ago
Most awkward: When I was pregnant the first time, and a little old lady at the grocery store insisted on scolding me and telling me I should be ashamed of myself for being a pregnant teen. When I told her I was in fact 20 yrs old, she didn't believe me and called me a liar to my face. Luckily, my mom-in-law walked up just then and set the lady straight. But really, what right did she even have to confront me like that...

Strangest: I swear once when I was younger, I saw the grim reaper. He was tearing some dog's head off. Freaked me the **** out, let me tell you. I ran back in the house, screaming... or another time when I swear my friend walked into the bedroom to find me screaming on the floor saying the roof was caving in, and aliens were coming through the ceiling. I honestly thought this was happening and was hiding with half my mattress off the bed, shielding my body from attack. Lmao. (Oh, to be young and stupid and doing things that ruin your brain...) *snickers*

Weirdest: Okay, this one is actually serious. I never believed in premonitions and all that bs, until it happened to me. When I was in my early 20s, I had a dog that I was attached to. I swear I didn't even go to the store or anywhere without that dog. One day, I had to leave for just one day for a baby shower. The first day my dog didn't go with me and guess what happened? Well, that night I was sleeping when I suddenly had the craziest dream. I was my dog. Someone let me outside, and I sniff around the yard. I catch a whiff of a fasinating scent and follow it into the road. I see a light coming at me and stare in wonder as the twin beams come closer. Then, boom and just nothingness. I woke up screaming and even called my husband to check on my dog. My husband told me later that I left that voicemail and had that dream at the exact moment my dog got run over. He was picking my dog up out of the road when I called. He was too ashamed to answer and tell me what happened. Especially as I had asked him to keep an eye on my dog. We both freaked out when hearing the voicemail I left, begging him to watch Nomad and was Nomad okay... To this day, I cannot explain how that happened. How freaking weird is that?

8 years ago

The body is more sensitive than most people think it is. Technically, you can smell an ovulating female human from miles away, but that never leaves your subconscious. You could have noticed your dog was being let out while you were asleep and your worst logical fears could have been running through your hyper-sensitive subconscious while you were dreaming/I.E. in direct contact with it.

But that's just muh Freude leaking out.

8 years ago
I never heard of that, but I was like 40 miles away when it happened for my babyshower. My dad's gf insisted I come up and spend the night and hang with the girls. But my darn dad wouldn't let me bring my dog, who had never been away from me...

8 years ago

Did your dog die? That's really sad.

8 years ago
Yes, he did. I have a new dog now, but it's not the same. I miss my little Nomad, he wandered everywhere I went is how he got the name. :/

8 years ago

I feel bad. Does your new dog interact with your children well? I own a boxer and she LOVES everybody she sees.

8 years ago
Heh. Not exactly. She's a "chiwhinnie" part chihuahua, part weiner dog (Dachshund). She is a vicious little B-word who onlys likes me for some reason. And I don't even like female dogs, lol. She was given to me. You should see what she is like if I am eating anything, she protects my food like its hers. And I mean she will eat u alive if u come anywhere close. She also apparently hates deliverymen. And the kind old man next door. Okay, she hates everything but me, idk why. She tries to clean my face every night as soon as I turn the light off for bed and lie down. But I really have to watch her with the babes. She's already gotten my daughter one or twice when I had food... I dunno if I hate or love her more. I miss Nomad, or Nomie as I called him. Midget is a itty-bitty biotch, lol.

8 years ago

You always got to watch dogs around children. When I was about 1 or 2 my dad owned two dogs: a lab named Bo and a Rottweiler named Duke. Duke was a ferocious big, muscular dog who would be kind, but if you got on his bad side you would be dead meat.

My dad eventually had to give Duke away because he got afraid Duke would hurt me. Oddly, he loved me. But he got old and my dad then gave him away. :(

8 years ago

Small dogs are notorious for temperamental issues. Strangely, I haven't met a German Shepherd, Rottweiler, or Pit Bull who wasn't an oversized baby. I mean, I'm not suggesting you get a big dog. They can snap too, and it tends to get quite ugly when they do (of course, people just laugh it off when a fucking chihauhau tears into somebody; people's double standards are really disgusting).

8 years ago
I know, I totally agree. She is actually my first small dog. I usually go for Labradors or Blue pits, or huskies/akitas. I don't do small dogs. Freaking ankle biters draw blood! (But this one luvs me for some odd reason lol)

8 years ago

Yeah. I want to get far away from the state I'm currently living in, before I adopt another dog. But, chances are, it won't be a lap dog (well, size-wise, anyway).

8 years ago

When I was really little (somewhere around 6 I think), I was absolutely convinced that I had magic. Somehow, (don't ask me how - I still don't know/remember how it really happened) I managed to get on top of my closet. My closet was a portable one, just barely short enough to fit through a doorway. The only thing close to it was my dresser, a really small one at that, and even standing on it, the closet was still taller then me at the time. 

In my head, I played out the scene as if I had floated up there, after bouncing around the room for a while. My dad came in, pulled me off (6'7" height is quite handy in those situations) and questioned me about how I got up there. For some strange reason, he didn't believe me when I said I flew. 

So while the whole /how/ part is still unclear, I know that being on my closet was no figment of my imagination. You can ask my dad about that. (well, not really, since I doubt any of you know who I am irl, much less my father.)

8 years ago

Heh! That's funny. I believe you and damn your dad's height is big!

8 years ago
Did you climb the walls? I used to climb the walls like some kinda ninja and wait for people to walk under me in closets or narrow hallways and then jump on em and scare the living hell out em. Lmfao. Ninja, tomboy, and nature explorer all-in-one when I was young. A little older I would climb on the roof of my house or a tree amd throw stuff at random people. I was an odd loner child...

8 years ago

For some reason, every time I play a sport or recreational activity, I always get hit in the face.

8 years ago

That's not strange. It happens to me too.

8 years ago

You don't understand. Mine are terrible.

I had a particularly bad accident with a frisbee that broke my nose, gave me a black eye, cut my hand and my nose and left a small scar...

*Shudders*

Needless to say, I was sent home early. My father called me a faggot, I believe.

8 years ago
Holy hell, I'm not alone? Woo-hoo! I've gotten 32 stitches in the face from a golf club, broken nose with a basketball, blackeye with a baseball, shot directly in the chin from within 3inches with a paintball gun, threw a bowling ball backwards and hit a kid (oops) at least I wasn't hurt again?, across the shin with a baseball bat, umm... can't remember all the rest now, but yeah. Sports don't like me. Lol

8 years ago

I was hit with a baseball bat once, but not accidentally, if you catch my drift.

Hit between the eyes with a paintball, execution style, after I surrendered. (Granted, I was wearing a mask, but it still hurt.)

Hit with a golfball in the face.

Football in the face. (No helmet. A perfect spiral, though, 10/10)

Lacrosse pole and ball in the face.

Soccer ball in the face.

Already told you about the frisbee.

Threw a basketball at the hoop, hit the rim, rebound into face.

Volleyball spiked into, suprise, the face.

8 years ago

My dad had some scooters hanging from the top of his exercise bench once. One of them fell off and hit me in the head.

8 years ago

This is probably not the strangest thing, but a chilling experience I won't forget.

It was a dark and moonless night, Zag was laying on top of his sleeping bag, instead of inside of it. He didn't like the feeling of his own body heat circumventing, slowly turning him into a baked potato. His bag was positioned on the floor of his friend's house, as they were out of town and asked his family to stay there and take care of their dogs.

Zag stared at the ceiling, not very tired but growing increasingly bored by every passing moment. One of the dogs came over to where he was, her name was Storm. She was a very friendly dog, and overly affectionate. She placed a few licks on his face before he shooed her away. "I'm trying to sleep, leave me alone." Zag said to Storm. Storm went over to her corner of the room, where her bed was, and lay down. She closed her eyes and was silent. Seemingly eliminating all noise in the house.

Sooner or later, Zag found himself drifting off into deep sleep. It didn't feel like he had slept for long when he woke up. Zag felt uncomfortable in his current position and decided to try and move. He attempted to move his arm, but to no avail. An intense feeling of panic rushed over Zag, his vision blurred, turning every strange shadow into an unknown threat. He had heard of this before, it was a negative lucid dream. As every passing moment fled, he felt as if some evil presence slowly made it's way toward him. The feeling of fear intensified, Zag was sweating now.  He felt trapped and helpless, unable to move any part of his body, with the exception of his eyes and eyelids.

I'm going to die here. He thought to himself. There was nothing but silence, darkness an the increasing feeling of impending doom. Zag attempted to call for help, but could hardly make a sound, resulting in a small movement of his lips. Wait, just calm down. You know how to stop this. Zag closed his eyes, and remembered it was all basically a bad dream. The fear subsided, and Zag began to move his fingers, bit by bit. Slowly regaining the use of his arm, and eventually his body.

"That was terrifying." Zag said aloud, happy to have regained the use of his voice. He quickly went back to sleep, only to wake up to sunshine gleaming through the window.

8 years ago

8 years ago

*Bows* Thank you.

8 years ago

8 years ago

That was scary.

8 years ago

Strangest thing that ever happened to me was when I was younger. I think I was playing tag but I ran past the silver seats. After about half a minute, someone told me that my leg was bleeding. I didn't feel anything at first cos of adrenaline or something, but I had to get 7 stitches after my leg supposedly got cut up on a bench. I still have a scar to remind me that I'm a complete idiot and that I should never attempt physical exercise ever again :)

Most awkward thing that ever happened to me was when I was little, again, and I lived on the 10th floor of an apartment. I took the lift down to the ground floor one day but on this particular day I decided to press every single button on the elevator. On the 8th floor an old lady came in and as the doors closed she realised what I'd done. For the next 5-ish minutes she had the most horrible scowl on her face and she wasn't even subtle about it. Just stared at me the entire time.

8 years ago

Strangest thing that happened to me was when this car swerved in front of me and my dad while on the highway. I stared at the car, shouted at it, and the car's tire blew out. (I tried it on another car, didn't work. :(   )

8 years ago

8 years ago

Here is the tale of a young woman who split her head almost open.....

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who lived with her parents and one brother. She was so excited on Christmas Eve that she could not sleep at all that night. She squirmed in her bed, excited and nervous until....she decided to peek down the stairs and  look at the presents. She gasped in delight at the sight of the shiny blue paper and twirled and whirled in a happiness tornado. She heard her brother's door creak open and his face shimmer into motion. He stepped out with one foot at first. She giggled and ran down the carpeted steps, her tiny feet pattering at the stairs. She zoomed to her parent's bedroom, knocking on the door, and she turned around and ran back to the living room. 

Her brother sat, rummaging through his stocking, as the little girl pulled her stocking so hard, the letter holding it in place fell...

The metal letter fell on her head with a sickening crack. The little girl sank to the floor, blood seeping from her head. She cried and cried as her parents rushed to clean up the blood and bandage her head, and all she saw was red....

And that was the embarrassing and awkward tale of a girl who couldn't wait for Christmas. 

8 years ago

8 years ago
I was walking along the road, well away from town and in need of a ride. But there was no traffic. I found this biker bar and decided to head inside to see if I could use their phone. The bartender was a big scary looking guy and he pointed me to the payphone. The whole bar was filled with a tough looking biker gang.

So I tried to call my friend, but the patrons were being so loud that I couldn't hear anything. So I was like "EXCUSE ME! I AM TRYING TO MAKE A PHONE CALL!!"

The bar went completely silent. "Thank you!" I yelled. I started to get back to my conversation but one of the bikers walked over and hung the phone up on me. He asked me if I knew this was a private club and I said 'no'. They told me to get out.

So obviously I got out. I kind of tripped a little as I stepped through the threshold and I bumped into one of the bikes. They all went down like dominoes. There were so many of them. And before I had a chance to run, ever tough looking biker patron in the bar came flooding out.

They saw me. They put two and two together and they dragged me back inside, slamming me down atop a table.

"What are we going to do with him?"

One of the bikers said "I say we kill him!" All the rest of the bikers yelled "Yeah!"

Then another biker said "I saw we hang him, THEN we kill him!" the other bikers yelled "Yeah!"

Some other biker said "I saw we stomp him!" YEAH "Then we tattoo him!" YEAH "Then we hang him!" YEAH "And then we kill him!" YEAHHHH!!!!!

In a falsetto I said "I say we let him go!"

"NO!!!" The bikers shouted.

Then this big biker woman stepped up and said "I say you let ME have him first!" The bikers laughed.

"Wait!" I said. "Don't I get a last request?!"

"Sure, why not?" the lead biker said, letting me up.

So I borrowed a quarter from one of them and put it in the jukebox. I took a pair of white platform shoes from one of the bar's employees and slipped them on my feet as the horns came blasting from the speakers. I danced all over the bar to "Tequila", all over the tables, all over everything. By the end of the song the I had won over the biker gang and they accepted me as one of their own, giving me my own jacket and helmet... And even my own motorcycle.

They gathered outside the bar to watch me as I drove off. But I'm not very good with motorcycles, I ended up crashing through a billboard.

So that was awkward.

8 years ago
Way to completely be unoriginal... My stories were true, but I believe this was in the movie Wild Hogs. Lol

8 years ago

I believe it was a joke, ma'am.

8 years ago
Oh, sorry. I take back my comment... (please forgive me )

8 years ago
It's actually Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

8 years ago
Oh so Wild Hogs basically "borrowed" most of the scene from Pee-wee's big adventure? Interesting.

And no hard feelings, I hope. I didn't realize it was a joke. Humor is sometimes lost on me. I take almost everything literally, unfortunately.

8 years ago
It's cool. I tend to not give a fuck either way anyway. Here's the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVKsd8z6scw

8 years ago

Well, since I'm a sentient mouth, I enjoy food. I do believe it is one of the only pleasures I can truly enjoy. But once, my master had put a strange object inside of me.

It wasn't food.

8 years ago

Guessing it was a drink/soda. :I

8 years ago

I don't believe it was anything of that manner either.

8 years ago

Ah, strawberry pudding, wasn't it?

8 years ago

Hmm. Perhaps it was. It was rather slimy and I was unfamiliar with foods like that. Maybe it wasn't so strange at all.

8 years ago

Strawberry pudding is most certainly not food! You must spit it out next time you encounter it, for your master is poisoning theirself with a substance of pure evil.

8 years ago

I'll be sure to remember that. I must not allow myself to be defiled in such a way.

8 years ago

It's going to be alright. If I was your master, I wouldn't feed you strawberry pudding.

8 years ago

This is going to be my quote of the day. XD