Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

I can't think of any superhero names that are better than the ones I already have. It's really getting on my nerve how stupid some of the names are, and I really want a name change for them. Synonyms.com and Superhero name generators are even worse, so I expect actual people would do better.

The first one I need is for a dude that is really, really fast due to a special, magical pair of shoes. Name ideas?

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Thanks in advance.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Does it have to be a superhero name?

I like to use code names, that may or may not align with their powers.

But here are a few name ideas:

-Velocity

-Meteor

-Tempo

-Rate

-Bolt

-Haste

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Hermes/Mercury spring to mind, sounds a lot like the Greek/Roman gods.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Speed Freak, Speed Demon, Blink, Blur, Mach, Swift,  Nitro, Turbo,  Piston, Rush.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Not really a speed FREAK nor demon. Blink? Is his super power blinking faster than other people? Blur from The Flash. Maybe Mach... Not Taylor Swift, though. Nitro? Maybe... And turbo like from the movie with the snails. Piston? Like the block in Minecraft? And he's not so much in a rush as he is fast.

Good ideas, but not what I'm looking for exactly.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

You don't really need to take the literal meaning either. 'Blink' could insinuate that your superhero character can move someplace faster than it takes for another to blink. Similarly, even if the name has already been used in pop culture, doesn't mean you can't use it (unless it's actually the name of a superhero). If I name a child Albert, it doesn't mean that I'm copying Einstein. There's no copyright laws on the actual term (unless again, it is already a superhero name).

There's already a heap of names here which you could use, so I won't add anymore.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

WELL... Thanks?

Superhero Names

7 years ago

No worries, I was thinking you were just limiting yourself unnecessarily :)

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Yeah, Sky's right, I was going for Blink as in "gone in the blink of an eye", which is a colloquial term for fast.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

There's already a character named Speed Freak in the DC universe. It's an alternate version of the Flash in an Earth that's perpetually stuck in 60s culture. She fights crime alongside the Love Syndicate, and Sunshine Superman.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Sanic.

Or you could go with something like Mach for a speed theme. If you want a shoe theme, uhh

Laces

Heel (like the part on your foot)

Velcro (Would work better if he had sticky powers like Spider-Man webs)

Tapper

At this point I'm just going through different parts of a shoe.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Here are some:

Strike; Fission; Abyss; Bast; Arachno; Mercury; Shadow; Ghost; Giga; Onyx; Mantis; Foil; Flay; Wing; Turbo; Granite; Snare

Superhero Names

7 years ago

I like these names. I may use them in my stories/RPs

Superhero Names

7 years ago

I just today decided to have a superhero branch to my story. *grins*

Others that come to mind, @DrkPhoenix are: Miasma; Phoenixti; Incuro; Gambit; Ink; Sinestra; Aquila, Perseus; Ursa; Canis; Cygnus; Serpentia; Princess; Oracle

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Sneaks, Zip, Zipline, Slipstream, Sketchers, Mach-assins, Boost, Boots, Dash, Sprinty Sally, Stampé.

Superhero Names

7 years ago
Talaria. The name of the shoes of Hermes.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Hermes. Endeavour. Stryker. The Peacekeeper. The Guardian.

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Slipstream

Superhero Names

7 years ago

I like Slipstream! (I might give that nick to my phaser.  :)  (The character who has the power to phase)

(...Or to the one that has power over time...) Gah--choices!

Superhero Names

7 years ago

Link

sheik

akimo

meta-man

any more????