Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hi!

My names Skyler. I'm fifteen. I like writing. I checked out some of the stories and decided to join.

That's really all there is to say about me.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hello and welcome to the valorous kingdom of CYS!

I recommend reading Will's How Not To Write and The Land of Bad Writing since they may help you with any future storygames you may write. In addition, here’s a story that is a good example of what not to do. Moral of the story: listen to constructive criticism.

I also recommend taking a surf through all the articles in the Help & Info section, two in particular being a helpful list made by StrykerL and an excellent article on proper forum posting, if you haven’t seen it yet that is. One resource in particular worth mentioning is a very good resource for designing a storygame.

Among the things you're more than welcome to participate in:

writing prompts

a contest

a collaborative story setting

poetry prompts.

I wish you luck in any creative writing endeavors you embark on! There's also a ton of good content on this website, so I hope you find the time to read all of the featured storygames.

And remember: above all else, live your life off the wall!

...Oh, there’s also this.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hello, new one. Probably best to get a picture so I can distuinguish you from the blind one. Ideally make it interesting if you're going to stick around here much. Enjoy the forums, feel free to use the Creative Corner for any non-CYOA work you have, look around the Parlor Room for any good games, watch News for any upcoming writing concerts and visit the Workshop if you're planning on writing. Avoid the Lounge like the plague, though.

Anyhow, welcome, enjoy the site.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago
Everyone always recommends the same things to newbies so I'll just say hi and leave them to it.

Is your name meant to be read as skylermalefemale, because that's how I'm reading it.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Welcome, please try your best not to die here. CYStia is a dangerous place.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hello, and welcome Skyler! ^_^

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hello "a noob", I'm Dad.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Welcome to CYStia! :)

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago
Hi~

Hi! I'm a noob

7 years ago

Hai! If you ever need help or anything, just PM me~ ^_^