Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ready Player One

6 years ago

How did they fuck up the movie so badly?

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I thought the book was generally considered trash anyway, so did it really matter?

Looks like its doing well with the masses either way though.

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I mean the book was written terribly but it was a fun read. Not literature by any means but there is a reason it has a massive fanbase. 

Ready Player One

6 years ago

The book was good, but I think his next book Armada, is better. Still, the movie is good. 

Ready Player One

6 years ago

Armada is objectivly terrible.

Ready Player One

6 years ago

FITE ME M8 I'LL REK U

*Fires up Street Fighter 2* 

Ready Player One

6 years ago

What a coincidence. I just got back from watching that movie. It is indeed quite bad.

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I used to be a big Steven Spielberg fan as a childling and all, but his films lately have been all meh to garbage. I just want him to hurry up and make a second Tintin.

The Ready Player One protag anime face makes me laugh. You could've probably watched the Barbie gamer girl movie and got the same experience.

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I have good news for you. Peter Jackson is the director of Tintin two. 

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I heard about that, and then the third one could be both Spielberg and Jackson.

I sincerely hope that they make it to the third one. I also sincerely hope it's the Blue Lotus. Think of how lovely that would be, assuming they cut out the Japanese racism!

Ready Player One

6 years ago

Ernest Cline is a faggot, a beta, and a trashcan dweller, all in equal measure . It would stand that any adaptation of his his work would be drenched in shit. 

Ready Player One

6 years ago

I personally found the movie quite entertaining to watch, but I did think the romantic elements were forced. And the danger in the OASIS didn't exactly feel real. Plus, I thought The Shining part could have been more subtle.

But the use of Chucky as a weapon made me laugh.