Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Contest SHAME 14: SHAME Of The Ancients

4 years ago

"Also for those that dropped out please don’t be discouraged. If you were injoying what you were writting or you found it challenging thats all that matters. Continue writting if you want there will be plenty of folks that will love to read what you create." - Some Cogite

Fuck that shit. This is CYStia, we expect more out of you.

What, you thought there would be no consequences for your sloth? You haven't been paying attention again.

Eleven.

Eleven of you fuckers failed to show up for a goddamn important battle. And one of you got yourself banned not just for dereliction of duty, but being a degenerate as well.

Even Corgi managed to drag himself out of the SHAME PIT and throw himself against the spears of the pitiful CoGite resistance.

There will be no glory or head pats for your failure. There will be no 72 undead sisters waiting for you.

There will only be SHAME and hearing the sounds of your MOM while I rail her to look forward to.

Such is the price for failure.

PIT OF SHAME

3iguy

AllenKudzu

AmazingSeastar

Austinc

Author4

awesomeness12

AzBaz

Bannerlord

betaband

bilbo

bjhovey

Blazewhisker

BlueThread

Cat2002116

Chanbot (Ford)

Claw2k11

curtain64

DarkSpawn

DiniTheWizard

Doodled

DungeonLord

Everwriter

Fluxion

frank2

ISentinelPenguinI

Jacoder23

JCjr

JeffreyJabs

jep49

jodithewitch

Journeyman

KingTrex3

Kooky_von_Koopa

Kwism1127

Lallafa

Lancelot

Liqquitty

lunamoonia1

mazdark

NekoCat

Neverland

Oraclemache

Orange

OriginalClamurai

Ozoni

p1_tjc

Providence

QingBo

RainGem

Raki

Rathalon1213

RealKurioslasoun

RedComm

resistor

Reywalker786

Romulus

Seto

Shadowdrake27

ShinobiKun

ShoujoAddict

ShowMeTheCode

SixtySnakes

SkullyZombies

Slasher

stargazer

Thotfodder

Ugilick

unturned

White_Rose

WouldntItBeNice

XNeoBurritoX

DOUBLE SHAMED

BenCrucifix

Flamenod

insanebutvain

MasonJarGuzzi

MinnieKing

Mr.Mustachio

Plelb

RoyalGhost_007

Samyers0616

SpartacustheGreat (coins)

Yellowbelly

BANNED AND SHAMED

CallMeFriend (Boringfirelion)

castorgreatpoetguy (Ficsean_Chef)

Comply

Darkfox432

Emo_Lord_Holocaust

LADYHEAT24

lordkarstark

Lurkinator

Malkalack

MrAce (AKA Serpent)

Negative (multiple times)

temporaryaccount

Tot

That's it for this contest and as usual you lot were fucking terrible.

4 years ago

Sooo... I don't know what this even was haha. I have been sufficiently shamed, though. 

4 years ago
Your name isn't bolded, you must've been SHAMED for some previous horrible failure, awhile ago.

4 years ago

What? I've been gone for years... What did past me do? 

Regardless I will take my shame and pay attention next time. I should try making something easier than the thing I was working on forever ago anyway, if only just get myself moving again.

4 years ago

You entered a contest (Probably one of Bucky's old ones) and failed to turn something in. You've been on it ever since.

At the time I remember Mizal having great hopes for you, of course as with most of her luck with noobs, it didn't turn out successfully.

4 years ago

Oops:/ 

4 years ago
I encountered this attitude in the CoG discord once. A whole group of people who called themselves writers sitting around and patting themselves on the back about how just *trying* to write was something to be proud of. I'm glad Wannabe Human was able to see through this poppy field fantasy and take up his sword, but that just means the SHAMED disgust me even more....they let a lone CoGite without any backup just saunter in and take second place!

4 years ago

Well, I find this shame pit rather cruel and meaningless. In the sense only it does is or depress people or discourage them to present anything. I started this from Cog side, If there were any kind of shame I will never have the courage to present to something. And probably I will never present to anything  else just by sheer fear alone.

4 years ago
Well that makes be the case for you, but it's had the opposite effect here. We've had a way higher ratio of people who claim they'll enter actually producing a story since End started doing this. (And since SHAME as a concept is actually a carry over from the old Infinite Story forum contests it's even more fitting this time around....)

There used to be dozens of people making empty promises and then only like two would show up. This just puts a little pressure on people to not speak up unless they have a realistic expectation of following through.

And as Corgi has just proved, it's not difficult at all to clear your name or avoid winding up there in the first place. Just produce *something* in the month or more everyone usually has. Anything will do. Which really just makes the SHAME that much greater....what you are looking at here is a massive list of incredibly lazy people.

4 years ago

Well, I disagree that has nothing to do with laziness. You could have written 100,000 words and doesn't have confidence in yourself to present at the end. That doesn't make you lazy or worthless.

4 years ago

We don't have time for the cowardly or weak either.

4 years ago

Well, then you don't have time for me.

4 years ago
What happened to all the COJONES?

4 years ago

Lost in the battlefield. I can't keep up with the idea I am a complete failure. In Spanish, there is a said "It is better to keep your mouth shout and look like maybe you are a retarded, that say something and definitely comfirmed it

4 years ago
Mara, if you let that kind of fear stop you from presenting things then I have no idea what to say except don't be a pussy. I've been in the shame pit and I dragged myself out of it. It never depressed me or made me afraid to present my stories. With my life schedule contest deadlines just don't work for me, so I just watch them from the sidelines since I got myself out of the shame pit. People just need to learn this thing called self awareness and be realistic with themselves about what kind of deadlines they can and can't meet with their schedules. It's really that damn simple. If you can't work with deadlines, don't enter contests with deadlines. If you're such a pussy you won't present a story because not presenting a story will put you in the public shame thread then that's just plain stupid. Presenting a story is what keeps you out of the shame pit. So why in the great wide fuck would you have a completed story for a contest then not present it because you didn't want to get shamed even though that's exactly how you get shamed? As for fear of public opinion of stories, that has nothing to do with this shame pit. Since if your story got published then your name won't be in the shame thread. Every writer in all of existence has to eventually learn to not be a pussy and publish their work so they can get feedback and better themselves. So yeah. TL;DR Don't be a fucking pussy and that goes for everyone.

4 years ago

Mara, I think you might be missing the point. You committed to the contest, and you delivered a rather lengthy story, so that makes you a site member in good standing. If I were you, I'd let your story have a little bit more time to get some more feedback; I plan to read the contest stories later, when I can set aside some time.

The shaming is just for people who aren't smart enough not to commit to promises they can't keep.

You just published an 84,000-word story... and that fact alone puts you head and shoulders above many of the other people here. Finishing a project of that size is no small achievement.

4 years ago
I guess not.

4 years ago

I  didn't understand your response Cricket

4 years ago

I've seen people proclaim themselves as "writers" when they've produced less content than a grocery list. 

4 years ago

Anyone that published something is by definition a writer. I would never call myself a writer but they can by definition.  Same the content size and scope are eminently subjective.

4 years ago
Right now I couldn’t give less of a fuck about CYS, but when I inevitably get bored of what I’m doing rn I will attempt to get out of this pit.

4 years ago
Great. Do it with a new account.

4 years ago

Lol.

The funny thing is I was going to just drop him into double SHAME and dock him points and see if he continued on his path, but this is just as amusing.

4 years ago
Did he have prior transgressions, or is mizal just frisky with the hammer?

4 years ago

Not really. He was fairly harmless as far as noobs go.

But you know when Mizal's feeling frisky, noobs need to watch the fuck out.