Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Visual Novel from chooseyourstory

4 years ago

Hi all.

I have read stories from our page for a while and really love it. I have a team with IT, Illustrator and Writer (I am working for tech company), and this idea came to me: why don't I make these stories into Visual Novel game.

Tell me what do you think about this idea. And how can I contact with the author to get permission to use their original stories idea.

Thank you so much for reading

4 years ago
You can private message the authors individually on the site, since each author is the owner of their work.

Its an interesting idea and I can definitely see the overlap as well as how it could work.

Look forward to this if it comes together, so good luck!

4 years ago
Do you guys have any completed VNs or anything else like that you can show us?

4 years ago
I can answer this one: no.

4 years ago
That's a real shame.

4 years ago

This is our first project about VN. Do you think this is a big problem? 

4 years ago
In theory - No.
In practice - You're less likely to finish.

4 years ago
This. It's up to individual authors of course whether they're interested or not, but VNs are a lot of work, and that's something a lot of new game devs seem to underestimate. And there's also a whole mess with copyright and permissions that would have to be hammered out, and to me at least there would be a lot more confidence in working with someone that had some kind of preexisting online presence or prior work to show. Plus, aren't most VNs basically just dating games?

But hey, at least he didn't ask us to fund a Kickstarter.

4 years ago

Thankyou for your advices.

I will consider it. Thank you so much.

4 years ago

Does this benefit the original writer in anyway? Do you have a publisher in mind?

CYS is a fantastic place for VN potential. I am writing my own CYS (at last) and after publishing, I plan to develop into a visual novel. If you are familiar with publishers that would be interesting, but I can't really tell what your credentials or previous work is at all.

4 years ago
None and none. I already doxxed him earlier it's a rando noob.

4 years ago

Sorry, did we meet? 

4 years ago

I think if game has revenue, writer can get % from game.

At my country, publish a game is not that much complicated. So, i dont really get what you are talking about