Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Cerra - IRLHello everyone!

Hello! My name is Cerra "Cerracrossing" Matthews, and I figured I should introduce myself here on the forums as I've just joined the site! I'm 18 years old and nostalgic for the old internet and its sense of community that I only managed to catch a glimpse of in my life. I first discovered this site around 2012-2014, and coming back I was surprised to find it looks and operates just like it did when I left. So, for a bit of a nostalgia trip, I decided to join and take a shot at writing some storygames.

I'm currently working on a project called Mariella - it follows a young girl travelling the world trying to find a friend she once lost, and trying to learn how it came to be that she's no longer imaginary. I first had the idea for Mariella as a game back around 2018, inspired by an earlier scrapped novel idea I had called And it was Tuesday - I won't spoil too much about that since I might return to it in full someday. I abandoned Mariella for a bit, but after joining this site I figured that, considering its origin, a storygame might be the perfect medium for it!

If you have any questions, want some help for ideas or you'd just like to talk, feel free to message me; I'll get back to you as soon as I can! I always love meeting new people, so don't be shy!

That's about it; I look forward to getting to know this site and its community more in the future! Cerra Matthews, signing off.

(Addendum: apologies to the mods for posting in the wrong forum - my bad ^^;)

-Cerra

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Hi Cerra. Welcome (or welcome back I guess) !

Your story concept seems great. I can't wait to see what you will come up with...

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Thank you! I really hope it comes out well!

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Well, then, good luck.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
Hello and welcome. Good fortune in all of your endeavors.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
... Elliot Rodger? O.O

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

I'm slightly disturbed that this isn't the first time someone's said I resemble him... lmao

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
Oops, my mistake. I believe that's a trillby, not a fedora. Carry on. ^_^

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Like 99% of the "nice guy" crowd wear trilbys rather than fedoras.

In any case Elliot Roger didn't wear either so the new guy is still good on that front.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
Welcome!

That idea sounds really cool. Is this something that would fit the Family Friendly section, or are you envisioning it as more of a regular fantasy story?

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

It's a bit of a modern fantasy; probably wouldn't fit into Family Friendly, though.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
Welcome (back) to the site. I think some folks who've been making updates might take offense at you saying the site hasn't changed, but, well... (I'm kidding!)

Also, I'm totally stealing that idea for a story.

Some day.

Maybe.

Who am I kidding? I'm too lazy these days to bother. But it's fun saying that because so many people are terrified that they're going to reveal some aspect of an idea they have and that someone else will steal their exact story and make millions off their idea or something.

But hey, have fun on the site!

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago

Thanks, lol! And nah, I ain't really worried; if anyone wants to use the idea, go ahead.

Hello Everyone!

2 years ago
Heyyo