Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

New here

2 years ago
I made an account a little while ago to save games, been lurking for a bit since then and I figure I should officially introduce myself.

I'm really impressed with some of the games here and its great there's no ads or anything. I loved Necromancer and I'm in the middle of Dead Man Walking. Any other recommendations?

I haven't had a chance to mess with making a game yet but I'm very interested in this format if there's not a lot of coding required. It seems like a really good way to tell stories in my favorite setting and find an audience for them. Any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated of course.

New here

2 years ago

Welcome to the site! If you enjoyed one of Endmaster's stories, you'll surely enjoy his other ones (although I recommend you start with the shorter ones like Rogues before going through Eternal). Ninjapikta also has some awesome stories, both grimdark and not. As a general rule of thumb, you can always go through featured stories, because they're featured for a reason.

On the topic of writing storygames, fear not, because you can do so with 0 coding knowledge. All you need is to write and link pages together; however, I would recommend you learn at least a little bit of variables and scripting, because it can add a lot of depth to a storygame, especially if done well. Oh, and stay away from items.

That's all from me, so do enjoy your time around here!

New here

2 years ago
No coding involved, but as Wizzy mentioned scripting helps plenty. Look in the articles for a good introduction to about everything.

New here

2 years ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here.

New here

2 years ago

Welcome to the site! Writing here is fun and easy. The community is fairly active and helpful on the forums. Feel free to post in the writing workshop if you have questions. There is also a "Help & Info" tab on the left of your browser that is neat. Look there for guides in various areas (including how to make your own story, link pages together, and do other basics). I made a guide that explains some of this called a beginners guide to chooseyourstory.com (or something like that).

Good luck and have fun!

New here

2 years ago
Welcome! Check the pinned FAQ here and the advice thread in Writing Workshop for the basics, but really, you seem literate and you have an idea you want to write a game about. You're ahead of the pack already as far as noobs go, you should do fine.

New here

2 years ago
Glad to have you with us~