Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Nifty Thing I Discovered for Anime Fans

one month ago

Hello again! Came across this neat program/tool (Don't know the technical term for whatever this is) that allows you to browse and play basically any anime directly on your computer with dub or sub available! All without any ads or fishy sites. 

[Link to Github Page]

Download process was a bit complicated and to be honest I don't think I could have gotten this thing working if I wasn't getting some help from my nerdy tech friend who has a computer science major lol.

Screenshot 2024-03-28 193406.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 193500.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 193551.png

one month ago

Initially thought this was a bot post. :p

one month ago

what a horrible virus, I downloaded it and it played chinese cartoons about schoolgirls! Mods, please delete the link, this is going to give someone brain and/or computer damage.

one month ago
Do you have to have the anime on your computer through some legit means first, or is this thing going and pirating it for you? ...usually we try to keep pirated stuff from being linked here, but you know what, Japan is a whole different market where that is the primary means of consumption anyhow, so it's whatever.

one month ago
You know what, seeing Sent's post now, I sincerely hope the answer is the second thing and not the first. I knew very well there was material on his computer that no man should inflict on themselves, but surely there's a limit somewhere even for him.

one month ago

Ok for one thing I agree pirating is bad in most cases with "Oshi No Ko" however the anime I set this thing up for in the first place that one is exclusive to a crappy second rate streaming service called Hidive which I was NOT going to pay for (Their library is pathetic compared to better services like Crunchyroll). Secondly though, my friend got really pissed at me when I was calling this a pirating software because apparently all it does is sort through some company's public database which has all of these animes in it for some reason (I'll admit I did not understand half of the computer shit he was ranting about in this conversation). Thirdly I understand any security concerns after all you always gotta be safe out there kiddos! But with this software I didn't have any problems during the download process (No screaming from my virus protector yet). Basically all we did was use windows Powershell as a terminal, we then copied and pasted the commands from the GitHub page into this terminal which then downloaded the various programs I needed to run this thing.

one month ago

[Reddit Post]
Ah hah! Found a Reddit post on this thing and it is basically just a command that scrapes a giant pirating site to bring you what you want quickly and safely without having to deal with the sites sketchy interface and borderline malware/spyware ads. 
So yea it is basically just easy pirating though to be honest I don't care. At the end of the day I'm just a poor college student who is always welcome to the opportunity of saving a little money I understand the issues with this practice and I respect them but money is well money :/.

one month ago

This seems like a needlessly obtuse way to watch anime when you could just... open up the site it's scrapping the data from?
I'd also like to point out that I don't even register this as piracy. This is just THE way to watch shit in Serbia (online for free). Seriously, I don't think the average Serbian understands the concept of piracy, because that's just the way it is here.

29 days ago
neat