Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

How to make a Game?

18 years ago
Hi, I'm new and very interested in some tips, and hints for creating new cyoas. Sadly, the 'How To' says only, "comming soon", and the faqs doesn't have much advice.

Is there a tutorial for the editor; or a way to totally erase a story your just practicing and learning with?

Also, (sorry about splitting the topic...), is there a way to view a whole thread in the forum as one page? Clicking each reply takes my focus off the content of the conversation.

Thanks for any responses in advance,
Ray

re:How to make a Game?

18 years ago
1) unfortunately the website currently has no "how to" tutorial or anything... but you'd be surprised. Just by playing around with the editor, it's pretty self explanatory, and should lead you through how to make a game pretty easily. Make something simple first, before you try a real game (make like a 3 page little game) to get on the right track. And feel free to email me directly (at march5th00 @ Myadventuregame . com (no spaces)) or repost on the message board for additional tips.

2) we want to edit the forum too, it's pretty primative. We never expected it to be so popular, so the answer to that is no, not really. But soon.

I realize i just said no to both questions, but i hope i helped...
march

18 years ago
You can make a game, never publish it, or publish it. When you publish it you learn what people like and don't like. You may never publish it but just scrach it.

One more tip, advanced games are changing in how to make them. Mainly varibles are being added.

If you delete a game don't make the same title for another game. When you publish it, it will appear as your last game.

I hope this helps some. Oh, and Welcome to Myadventuregame.com. I hope you stay awhile.

18 years ago
"This is a good place, the people are ni.." "*cough!*"
"As I was saying, this is a good place the people here are nice, and there are plenty of games to play(and crappy ones) you didn't just read that." Games are pretty easy to make on here, which is what makes it so fun to do. Right now I have just came up with two games to make they are: Wario's Adventure- Foiled plan of Mario, and C.D.- The first compact. Don't know when they will be released. Good luck on making some great games, ray. Oh, and welcome.

18 years ago
Thanks for the warm welcome. I played around with the regular editor last night, and I should have a sample done soon. Thanks for the tip about erasing and renaming games, also.

Oddly enough, I have a few roughly mapped out games outlined in a folder already, so once I get the hang of the builder...

The advanced editor sounds really cool; like you could use light role-playing game rules in the stories, like stats and inventory.(Fighting Fantasy and LoneWolf, right?)

This site is truely awsome!!!
Thanks again for the tips (and keep em coming),
Ray

18 years ago
ray,

thats great that you already have a few games mapped out. thats how i got started on this site. i had hand written a gangster game and then found this site to transfer it to. thats usually the best way to do it in my opinion, write it out in paper then transfer... but thats probably against regulations so ill not say anymore lol just kidding of course (looking for march or alex over my shoulder).

and its great that you mentioned lonewolf. those books actually got me into this style of reading. im beginning to like you already lol welcome to the site,

nate aka Fleshnblood_78

18 years ago
you better be looking over your shoulder, and not about the advice you gave...
I happen to be waiting for part 2 of that gangster game... ahem.
march

18 years ago
hahaha. if only i wasnt working on writing songs for a friend right now i could get it up and ready fairly soon. i know you want more of it but i wont add more stuff to it unless i know its good. and right now im tapped out. care to create a sequel to it together? prob not but its just a thought lol.

nate

18 years ago
Hmmm... good grammar + cool avatar pic (by the way, who is it?) + already has rising interest in the game = Cool! I have to say, your pretty cool RayGray.