Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

POkemon: Journey Through The Regions

12 years ago

I"m making a story on Pokemon. It will be extremely long due to the fact that you'll be able to use a lot of Pokemon. You can start in any region and start with any POkemon starter in that region. Legendaries will be able, if not able to catch sooner. I'm brainstorming on how to start beacuse I don't want to follow the series or games. Characters from all can be seen and even travel with. Hopefully it will all work out.

12 years ago

I'm interested =)

12 years ago

The only problem is: which region to start on?

1. Kanto

2.Johto

3.Hoenn

4.Sinnoh

5.U-nova(the dash is because the americans stress the U)

12 years ago

On top of that, listing 100+pokemon will be a hard task, each with their own variables and evolution.

12 years ago

I'd figured out the technical aspect before worrying about the story first. There are over 600 pokemon, and each of them will have a variety of different stats. Implementing that alone (not even worrying about the combat and other trainers) will be a challange.

Well, good luck. If you need help I really would encourage you to ask others, as this sounds like a massive project.

12 years ago

I have a classic Pokemon adventure, using Ash, Misty, and Brock, with only the original 150 + pokemon. I might be tempted to try to write it someday...

12 years ago
Very Very ambitious, good luck

12 years ago
Not going to happen on that scale :)

12 years ago

I'M EXCITED!! I loved pokemon when I was younger, and actually, I'm still a little bit of a fan. :)

12 years ago
Pokemon taught me all I needed to know about life... true story.

12 years ago

Every region will be able to be accessbale. Each storyline will be different.  As for your starter, I'm thinking you may be able to start with other pokemon than the regions usual starters. Such as for Johto you can choose Espeon or Umbreon. As for others also. The story itself with be difficult. I'll be working on it as soon as I can get on which shouldn't be too long.

12 years ago

12 years ago
2.jpg2.jpg2 - Copy (2).jpg

Seems cool :)

12 years ago

Err...that wasn't supposed to be sized like that. My apologies T-T. But I love the idea. It seems like it'll be really huge, but fun.

12 years ago
You may want to stick with just Kanto, and the 151 original pokemon.

12 years ago
Maybe do sequel by sequel, like each region a different story, but you would have to set up a possible password somehow

12 years ago
Who agrees that ashe and misty need to get married? Photobucket

12 years ago
I believe you should spell ash's name correctly.

12 years ago
I really wish there was an edit button. I noticed that right after I posted.

12 years ago

its interesting to see how many people are responding to this post.

12 years ago

Well it is an intresting idea