Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A Civilization-like Game?

11 years ago

Hey guys just wondering if you guys would like to see a civ-like game here. In it you play as the nation of Choyosto (guess where I got that name from) and guide it from the beginning of civilization to the 21st century. You will meet empires like the Romans, Babylonians, Egyptians, and Macedonians! Also I would like to know if you guys would like to me to release the game soon with only being a Greek City-state or a Barbarian Horde as options. Or should I wait until all the locations are added in to release it (over 20 locations from the New World to the Fertile Crescent)

11 years ago

Do you mean like forum-game or storygame? It would be intresting to see a civ-like storygame on here but NC already takes the forum-game part.

11 years ago

They mean a storygame, he/she has been asking a bunch of questions about how to do the scripting in the advanced editor forum.

I think it'd be a fun storygame.

11 years ago

Yeah it would be a nice little story-game where you control your own country and lead it to victory blah blah blah :P There will be random events like plague, barbarian invasions and stuff. Unlike civilization it will be a lot more historically accurate. If you want "Choyosto" to be a Greek City-state you will meet other city-states like Athens, Sparta, Thebes and more, and around 330 B.C someone "Great" might come knocking at your door. Now Alexander never lost a battle in his lifetime but YOU can change that ;) The Greek side and Barbarian side of the scenario should be done in a couple of days. The rest will be completed soon :)

11 years ago

Hell yes! I would love you forever if you made one!

11 years ago

I just downloaded Civ V from Steam :)

11 years ago

If you got the whole game i feel sorry for you.

The rivers and trees are horrible compared to Civ-IV and the single-tile army thing makes war really slow and boring, also the citystates are annoying friends who bug you for everything but will still leave you once you run out of money. Other civs are more like a complete stranger who hates you for looking at a window on the 2nd building down the road.

(To the thread) I would also like to see a Civ-like storygame. That would be fun.

11 years ago

I found the one-tile army thing a bit more strategic, but yeah I've actually liked Civ 4 better so far (but since my computer crashed and I needed a new hard drive I lost it and all the DLC) but I'm hoping they put some good features on the DLC. On a side note, I played Mongolia on an island-heavy campaign (not  good), so the City-States were actually pretty formidable since I could only fit so many men at a time. It was really fun.

11 years ago

I got to play a whole game once and while it was fun, it felt very unfinished and rushed too me.(He did have God's&Kings) So I think i'll just stick to Civ-IV mods.

11 years ago

I have never really gotten into the Civilization games, but from what I have played they seem pretty interesting. A civ-like storygame sounds like it would be pretty cool, so I say go for it.

11 years ago

I personally love CIV's. Go for it man. Make some bonus races playable as a reward when you win. Like the Atlanteans, or Martians. Something awesome and crazy :)

11 years ago

They should do a reboot of the Alpha Centuria(that was made by them right?). I would love to play a full space-type civ game made by them.

11 years ago

yeah, it was a Civ4 bonus scenario. I loved it too.

11 years ago

Final Frontier(I think that is the name of the scenario.)felt fun but it seemed alot like Civ4Col, which felt unfinished.