Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I am 99% sure this topic has come up before it since I haven't found it in recent threads here we go.

If you were a superhero (or villian) what would your name and power be?

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

My power would be to create animate objects with my mind.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

My younger sister and I roleplayed before as superheroes. Hers is "Super Heal" while mine is "Power Blast". LOL. Good, old days.

But I'd like to have telekinesis as my power.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Both would be cool.  Me being a complete and utter nerd have given a ton of thought to this (I'm not a complete nerd I play sports and have a real life) 

my power would be to grant wishes (mine included) think about it you could just say I wish I had all the super powers in the world.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

You could, but then you'd be that annoying kid that everyone dealt with when they were younger who said his superpower was to have every super power.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I'm not quite sure. In video games I'm always the morally good guy, but I think for this question I'll try both.

For the superhero I'd be known something like Flash or something. Do superheroes really name themselves most of the time? Isn't it the press? My ability would be to teleport. Or summon. Summon things like weapons or metal? Yeah. My inspiration draws from that X-Men: Origins movie. The teleporting demon guy.

As for the supervillian, it's be power over gravity. Ah, this is where I must name myself. We villains always have to have a monologue and an over-the-top name, lair, and such. The Gravitator! Isaac Newton II. Black hole! Something like that.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Mind Control, because then I could tell other superheros what to do.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

The power to be able to manifest your imagination.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Hmmm.... do I really have to pick just one power? But there are so -many-! I'd love to be able to read minds, but -oh- the ramifications of doing so... it's a real double-edged sword. I'd probably be driven insane from knowing everyone's true thoughts. I'd love to be able to morph / shapeshift. And actually take on the attributes of whatever / whoever I shifted into. Teleportation would be epic. (I envied the protagonist of Jumper SO. damn. much. Just look at or think of a place and BAMB, you're there.) And then there's the movie "Push" ... gah. I fan-gushed over that for at least a week after I saw it. Telekinesis, mind control, clairvoyance, the "mending" one...

Avatar (not the one with the blue aliens, the cartoon) was a great example of the versatility of elemental powers. Control water, and you can suck the life out of anything that needs water--which is EVERYTHING ALIVE ON EARTH, or use people and animals like blood-puppets, make snow, create rain, cause droughts, melt icebergs, part oceans, move clouds, use your own -sweat- to tear down a prison cell... and that's just ONE element.  

The human imagination is just too big to pick just ONE of all the incredible abilities we could dream up.

If this -was- a world where everyone had powers, Rogue from X-men would be an epic character to emulate. Touch someone, borrow their powers, do -anything- you want. (...Except, you know, have sex... or even just hug someone without gloves and other proper protection. Needs a downside, you know.) Of course, in a world where it's just me who has powers, yeah. The ability to voluntarily bring my imagination's creations to life would be great...

However, I say "voluntarily" for a very good reason. In a world where my imagination comes to life unbridled...? You're all doomed, and so am I. I have very, very dark dreams. As for a name... Nightshade, perhaps. It was part of my previous writer's alias. (And has nothing to do with Nightcrawler. Nightshade as in deadly nightshade. Yeah, the plant. Go figure.)

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Atla is a really cool TV series.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

This is the kind of question that almost every little kid talks about. And since I was a little kid I've been debating between three powers. Shapeshifting (into animals only), fire-bending, and invisibility. Which is ironic because that's all my shifter experience has been about xD

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I always thought Earth-bending was the most useful out of the 4(5?) types.  Practical for normal life and battle-worthy, also if you skilled enough you can metal-bend. xD

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Is type 5 energy bending?

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Super speed like the Flash.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I'd be a werewolf who can control his "beast inside". he was actually abducted and experimented on right after he was born because of his lycaon dna. his kidnappers actually added avian wings and attributes to him so he has wings and can fly

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Wouldn't that be 2 powers since flying counts as a power?

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I've wanted the power to transform into animals since I was young.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

You know every superpowers would be awesome and to be honest I try to make good choices and not to be a dick. So I would not wish for all the power's "with great power comes great responsibility"

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Atium-Allomancer, as long as I had an insanely gigantic stash of the metal. ^.^

I'd avoid joining the military if I had this. Mostly because it would be noticed and me being killed, gutted, and so many other things to find out how to get this power. :) Would be nice if it passed down the family line.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I would like to either have control over death (Necromancer time) or to have telekenesis (it automatically comes with flying since you can lift your body with your mind, you can shield yourself with an invisible forcefield, and you can do the other generally awesome stuff that comes with moving stuff wiith your mind)

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Any display or necromancy in the modern world would likely get you killed unless you raise a cult first. Even then you wouldn't be able to do much and waging undeathly war against the rest of the world would just get you nuked.

Telekenesis on the other hand is a good choice. Not very many drawbacks that I can tell.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Incredibly difficult choice. I guess I'd say matter manipulation because you'd be able to change almost anything at will.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

I don't need powers. My 'stache already has many unspeakable powers.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

@New picture: Your mustache had you dress up as a desert-man and look for shiny coins?

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Nah, I was traveling in the desert, and found a gold coin. My mustache was pleased.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Teleporting. no doubt

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

The ability to change size of things(including me). I always thought it would be cool to do that.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Now you really can shrink the moon and get away with it too! (sorry, couldn't resist.)

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

... wow just wow

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

haha mortals allways talking about me hahaha

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Not you fireplay worst movie summary ever...

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Controlling minds, no doubt. Ill make the world a better place and then live happily CYOAing and making Aman make his mustaches bow down to me.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Power - Definitely the ability to manipulate fire. >:D Werewolf powers are nice too.

Name - Hellfire, The Living Flame, Eternal Flame, Emberfang (if I was a fire werewolf :D) or (if I was a normal werewolf) - The Beast, Scarfang, Clawfang, The Black Beast, Wolfang.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

You would think werewolf's would pick a less obvious name to hide there form. Thought I do like Emberfang...

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

If I was a villain, and I had a superpower?  Well, let's just name myself "Bodyguard".

The annoyingly uncanny ability to not die.  It's just fun being a normal guy who doesn't die.  Imagine all the government's wasted effort XD.

That being said, my strength and speed would be normal as an athlete.  Not so difficult to defeat, but don't even think about permanently removing me from the Earth.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Hah ha ha ha imagine if you robbed a bank you wouldn't care if you were caught on camera but what if you went to jail? All good villains have the uncanny ability to break out

My supervillian power would be shape shift (this would include such shapes as inanimate objects) and be named "Shift"

hey you guys ever notice how almost all superheros have more than one power?

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

@last sentence: makes it easier for the writers and so that the superhero is not easily countered.

Superhero powers?

10 years ago

Well screw writers they can't put a little more effort to their stories (actually it is so I may do that)