Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Another noob falls

3 years ago

Who has any badges to show me? Maybe I can get them too! BTW, I'm new here.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago
Survival guide for pre-teens noobs:

1) Don't make a new thread for every random thought that you have.
2) Actually, just don't make any new thread at all unless you're introducing yourself on the newbie board or have a legitimate writing/scripting question.
3) Don't post random pointless things in other people's threads.
4) If it's less than three sentences, just don't post at all. You have nothing to say.
5) It's honestly safest if you just don't post at all.
6) Rate some stories or demonstrate other minimal signs of activity outside the forum.
7) Understand that you have absolutely nothing to offer the community at this stage and your survival depends entirely on our forbearance. Always be polite.

And most importantly: if you have any further questions, tag Endmaster three times.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

thx.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago
Oh and Re: Dueling

Just look at the people online and send them duels if they have them enabled. If they want respond they will. You do not need make a thread announcing your willingness to do this.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

At this point I should probably write an article for Help & Info to help guide these sad, misunderstood children.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago
I'm not sure if there's any point.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

It'd give you another excuse to ban them when they didn't read it.  Not that you needed one in the first place.

Come to think of it, you also wouldn't have to go giving them the exact same advice over and over again.  You could just link them to the article and be done with it.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago
What's that Bible verse about dogs running back to eat their own puke? I've never seen it illustrated so well as when we get noobs like this one or hellbain/Alexis or the frog guy from earlier that morning. It's so easy to get around a ban, and even easier not to get banned in the first place. But instead of entering stealth mode they keep coming back to scream at the top of their lungs and charge at the same brick wall while their corpses pile up beside it.

That or at best, paste on a fake mustache and come back in five minutes to comment on their past self. Just nudging bystanders with their elbow and punctuating every sentence with 'eh, chum?' and winking.

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly." -Proverbs 26:11

Sagely Wisdom

3 years ago

Also gets a shout out in II Pet 2:20-22:

"If indeed they have escaped the corruption of the world through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,f only to be entangled and overcome by it again, their final condition is worse than it was at first. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and then to turn away from the holy commandment passed on to them. Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”"

Badges

3 years ago
Good luck~

Badges

3 years ago
Well that went south pretty quick.