Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

Yo, it's my first time here. I like writing and reading a lot and I've read some of the stories here before and they were awesome so I decided to join the site too. Still trying to figure out what I can do and kinda confused but I can't wait to read more stories and try writing some myself. I'm a newbie writer so I'm still learning the ropes. I'm open to suggestions and any advice would be greatly appreciated. I love to talk too so feel free to DM me anytime to talk about or recommend me books, movies, music and memes (I'm running out of stuff to read so anything will do :)) or to give some advice and help! (or we can talk about other various stuff) I might not be very active on this site though so I might take a while to reply to ur messages. My English sucks too cus I'm not a native speaker but I'm trying to improve so I might not make sense sometimes lol. I'm really excited to be a member here and it's nice to meet y'all!

(btw the structure of this paragraph was copied from another new member thread  cus I suck at introductions so credits to the new member with awesome english)

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

The introduction is arguably the most important part of the story: you really should work on that.

Jokes aside, welcome to the site!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

I see! Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try improving introductions since I tend to focus a lot more on the middle plot. Do you have any more advice on how to make a good introduction?
Thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad to be here!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago
Welcome to the site!

It's always so adorable when people typing in perfectly understandable English apologize for their English. And just curious, what's your first language?

If there's something specific about the storygame editor that confuses you, let us know and somebody can explain it.

Also just letting you know, if you're using a PC you can go to Brad's profile here and get the site extension. It will let you enable dark mode from your profile if you prefer to read that way: http://chooseyourstory.com/Member/?Username=bradindvorak

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm a highschooler from Japan, (although most people on the internet doesn't believe me) so Japanese would be my first language but I'm learning French and can speak a tiny bit of German. English would be my second language as I had a British teacher but I'm not very good at it or at least I think so. 

Since I'm new, I probably be posting lots of questions about the storygame editor but I think I might be able to figure things out as the interface seems fairly simple. Oh yea- there was one thing I didn't understand; what's a variable? Is it some kind of scoreboard to keep track of stuff?

Thanks for the dark mode tip btw! I didn't know this site had extensions. I usually use my computer at night so it'll be really useful. 

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago
Welcome to the site! newbie to newbie, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

Thank you! I'm glad to be here. I hope you enjoy your stay as well!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago
Welcome, officially, to the site (now that you've created an account). It sounds like you're already enjoying your time here, so that's great!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

Thanks for the welcome! It's quite fun already as I like reading and writing a lot! People are also very friendly here!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago
Hi! I like the Monsoon profile picture!

Hiya! I'm new here

2 years ago

Thanks! I'm a big fan of the Metal Gear Games!