Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

A brief introduction

one year ago
Hello, I've recently found this site. While a bit dubious with the brusque welcome of the home page contest results post, it seem an interesting concept and the few storygames I have already played through are pretty interesting and seem generally well done. I'm interested too see more and am playing around with an idea for a storygame of my own.

A brief introduction

one year ago

Welcome to the site. I am a bit shocked by your first choices in storygames being my horrible quiz and It's A Boy!. They are certainly not the games I would have recommended to jump into the site, but you are still here and posting so kudos to you. 

Edit: No offense to Darius of course. I do think your story is well written.

A brief introduction

one year ago

Welcome! Yes, it's all a part of our vivid and thriving culture. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Lemme know if you come across any issues with your storygame. If I don't know how to help, I sure as hell can find someone else to answer your question :p

A brief introduction

one year ago

Where can one find information about building items and such into the game for an inventory system?

A brief introduction

one year ago

You can check the articles in the help & info tab. Have fun writing ;)

A brief introduction

one year ago

Like caterpillar said, the Help & Info tab is really helpful. More specifically, this article on How to Use Items may help you. If you're looking for something more advanced, try this.

Hope this helps!

A brief introduction

one year ago

Awesome.  Thanks for the links.

A brief introduction

one year ago
Welcome to the site, I do hope you enjoy your time here

A brief introduction

one year ago
Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions about the editor or the site. If you want some feedback on your own ideas, that's what Writing Workshop is for, although it helps to have some details in mind and at least a first page to show to give people something to work with.

.... and everyone getting yelled at in the contest results thread totally deserves it, that thing will go down in history as an unmitigated disaster given the number of entrants that flaked completely. Very shameful, very sad. (It is also possible that End forgot those threads show up on the front page to begin with, given the frequent assertions from site regulars that they haven't looked at it in years.)

It probably is worth mentioning that this site (if you couldn't tell by looking at it) is older than half its members, and the lore and references can go very deep. And also if you're on PC and want a slightly more modernized look with dark mode, you should her the extension from Brad's profile.

A brief introduction

one year ago

It is also possible that End forgot those threads show up on the front page to begin with

Oh I didn't forget.

A brief introduction

one year ago

More the Shame for those who flake.  Totally understandable.  It's just not often you hit site proudly plastering "fucktards" on it's homepage, it was surprising.

A brief introduction

one year ago
And the other word, right? You were surprised by the other word too?

A brief introduction

one year ago

All the words

A brief introduction

one year ago

lol

A brief introduction

one year ago
Welcome to the site~

I find EndMaster's parting comments on these contests to be some of the more interesting highlights here on the site.

A brief introduction

one year ago

They did draw me in, for sure.

A brief introduction

one year ago

No one can deny the irresistible charm of our little corner of the internet lol

As long as you like the weird and... questionable type things, go ahead and give my story a read

A brief introduction

one year ago

I did so, a couple of times just to see some of the paths.  Interesting idea, and certainly lives up to the title, while being pretty funny in places.  Some of the wording is a little awkward for the subject, but good job overall.

A brief introduction

one year ago

Working as intended then.

Thanks for mentioning one of the images was broken in Ground Zero, I went ahead and fixed it. Sometimes those images break from time to time and I never know until someone mentions it in passing.

A brief introduction

one year ago
I'm actually curious how you found the site. We seem to be getting a little wave of new accounts, so I'm wondering if it's been linked somewhere or what.

A brief introduction

one year ago

I was specifically looking for a choose-your-own-adventure site as I had a particular story idea that seemed suited for that format. CYS was one of the top results of those searches, and I liked the storygames I looked at before creating an account, so decided I would stay here.

In regards to the story I was planning, I have decided to follow the wise advice provided elsewhere and do one that if far less ambitious.that my first idea.  I have sneak peak on for that one, if anyone is interested while I work to finish it.