Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Bringing back 'The CYS weekly paper'!

7 years ago

Hello people of CYS, this is Jaystar. I used to be very frequent here until the big WC ban, and have decided to return to perhaps rebuild the CYS weekly paper. Those who are interested may comment below, and if any of my past 'employees' would like to come back, then you are all welcome. 

The CYS daily paper was an old thread from over two years ago that started a big craze.

I was about eleven at the time, and to be honest, quite childish. And I'd even go as far to say that I still am. But that aside, It was of quite poor quality as far as grammar and juiciness goes, though after a while it seemed to be running alright for a period of time, until many more threads popped up that were based off my idea. 

And so competition became to much, along with a spy in the paper and lots of my employees going off to create their own news buisnesses for CYS.

Many of you probably don't even know anything about this, as CYS has seemed to have grown massively since I left.

So, basically, I have decided to try and rebuild the CYS weekly paper, the paper that started the craze, and the first news paper of CYS.

I, along with anyone who would like to help, would like to bring it back, and bring it back better then it was before. Hopefully much better. Go ahead and comment below as you like, but just keep in mind that I would appreciate it greatly if you all could refrain from derailing this. I'll put up the sign-up thread tomorrow morning, aka, 11 or so hours after this is posted.

up above in the blue letters you can find the old thread link, and actually the first thread related to this subject. It's quite disastrous though so, those who enter, beware.

Jaystar, out!~

7 years ago

Sounds like a good idea. A now inactive member, @Will11 used to do something like this. I hope you follow through! :)

7 years ago

Best of luck! 

7 years ago

Was it really 2 years ago? It sounds like a good idea and it'll be interesting to see how this goes but these things tend to peter out from lack of interest either from the readers or from the writers as their time on the site is devoted to other, possibly more pointless or mundane, topics but if it could be made to work in a sustainable way with extensive reader input and interaction it could work well :) Incidentally spies, rival and a general level of silliness bordering on stupidity is often par for the course when any half-intelligent idea is presented to an internet community but it's good to try to remain optimistic :)

7 years ago

My mistake, it wasn't over two years ago, more like almost two years ago.

I'll try to hire some decent writers and ones who will work on their projects. Hope to see you when the first issue is done! 

7 years ago

It's okay to be childish. 

7 years ago

I'm not sure if that's meant to be sarcastic or not, but it's nice to see you anyway Malky!

7 years ago

I'd say it's sarcasm.

7 years ago

Hi wb, and good luck with your newsletter thingy. 

I'd recommend reworking your profile, it's 11 yr old level embarrassing, you may want to at least upgrade it to the 13 or 14 kind and remove the WC stuff.

7 years ago

Oh, of course! I haven't updated that since I left!  '^v^ Thanks for reminding me!

7 years ago

Ah, yes, my cousin worked for that "paper."

I'm interested in this. Good luck.

7 years ago

Welcome back, and good luck.

7 years ago

We were discussing when the paper craze would return. Now it has. Though you seemed to have matured a good deal since that time.

Good luck.

7 years ago

Endless papers are better than apology threads or "Birthday" threads.

7 years ago

There goes my birthday thread.

7 years ago

e: Digit, I was assuming he meant all the 'anniversary threads' that were popping up right after the apology fad.

Yeah, from what I remember of the newsletter craze before (not counting Will's which was a one man show and more serious and informative) it's basically like, half roleplay/half forum game with everyone signing up for roles, but unlike regular forum games they do produce something moderately entertaining and useful, and so for almost everyone involved it's time better spent. I always liked the newsletters. And it's not like the bar for Lounge threads isn't set incredibly low right now.