Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

So I was skimming the Choice of Games Forums for some laughs over snowflakes losing their temper at some menial thing, when I found this. 

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/intolerance-on-other-interactive-fiction-websites/32375/5

There are no words for how glorious this is. 

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

They're certainly the beacon of tolerance with the two hundred year bans they handed out to me and Seto. I'd be tempted to tell them that this place isn't so bad, but I think that there's still hundreds of years of more waiting that I have to do with that account.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Seto, noted transphobe, clearly deserved it. I'm not sure why they'd ban such an obvious lesbian as yourself however.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Thara, just hand down your account to your grandchildren so they can continue your legacy.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Oh my goodness. This is precious. :3

princecatling:
Yikes, I only skimmed the first few messages on that thread and got too nervous to look at more // WORDS ARE SCARY

The Lady Luck:
When a forum don’t allow hate, it doesn’t get to settle there, and instead attracts the open-minded, kind people, who shy away from the toxic parts of the internet. // PURGING WRONGTHINK EQUALS OPEN-MINDEDNESS

INDOMINUS:
i just got done reading that forum holy crap that place is filled to the brim with transphobic assholes (sorry for the harsh language but i have family who are trans) // just lol

Are we sure that's really Ryder though? Funniest and most quality posting he's done in awhile if so. But princecatling better guard his ass before snuggling up too close to him, that's all I can say.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
hahaha, looking through profiles, found this gem in another thread by Lady Luck:

In regards to diverse queer representation for the sake of the queer people themselves, we should remember that people need more than just one point of similarity to really feel represented by a character.

If you are an abled white-cis-het person, you can probably be certain that you can find a character somewhere across all media who shares your interests, worldview, personality type, as well.

Can you say the same for an autistic, black, lesbian woman?
How about a pansexual, transmale, ex-muslim?

As a person who would have certain elements of the internet exclaim “SNOWFLAKE” in seconds, I am resigned to the fact that I will probably never find a character just like me, unless I create them myself.
But not everyone can/know how to do that, and if I can make just a few of those people get that feeling of belonging, of legality, with the characters I create in my stories, then I have done all I needed to do with my life…

EDIT - Oh, dear, that got way more dramatic than I intended. :sweat_smile:

And INDOMINUS seems like a very literate and trusting individual: HI my name is jack major i like moves games anime and a good game of chess my favorite anime is needles oh and if any of you guys are on steam friend me falloutguy2999 is my steam name :slight_smile:

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

For once, I wouldn't mind it if Ryder trolls (as long as it is on CoG).

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I think he might be serious though. He's tried to "hack" the site before, he just might be resorting to public slander. 

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I'm glad he's found a place so sex positive and welcoming, they will embrace his cat fucking ways in an encouraging non-judgemental manner and perhaps he can finally find peace with himself.

Steve should go next. He'd fit right in.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I never made an account over there. If I had the time, I'd make an account just to interact with some of the most intolerant people I've met on the internet.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I'm all about preservation of energy and effort these days. Never did bother to make an account because why bother when the lols bring themselves? I don't even have to browse their forum because the best content is always delivered piping hot right here in the Lounge.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Hmm, looks like Ryder is trying a different tactic by stirring shit with CoG. One of his better ideas I suppose. You'd think he would have gotten over his banning by now, but I'm sure him being into zoophilia will be better accepted over there.

In any case I'd say enjoy the outrage in the CoG threads, but obviously don't play into his game by going over to CoG to "troll" them.

It won't accomplish anything and it seems like we're already causing CoGites to have the vapors just by our very presence. Lol.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
'A lot of the transphobes on there are among the most popular authors.' - Oh shit it's on. LOL.

Endmaster, this man is DESTROYING OUR STELLAR REPUTATION among the COGite fags, what will we do????

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I think I feel offended.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I guess it's common enough there could easily be other Jack Majors in Cape Coral but IND 'sorry for the harsh language' OMINUS sure looks like a registered sex offender lol.

I love how free people are with personal info on the internet these days.

Ryder has done the good people of COG a service drawing attention to this monster lurking among them. (I don't blame him though, his trans family members probably messed with his brain and/or molested him at an impressionable young age)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I see another owl person in that thread.

We have found Morgan a potential mate, once he gets past the delicate task of finding out what sort of genitals she has. (I suggest nonconsensual groping, it's all the rage these days.)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I see Bucky weighed in.

Oh, and...

Lady Luck: Yeah, when I went to check out the games on that site a few months back, it was quickly obvious that they were all pretty damn heteronormative, which 1, meant I didn’t really want to try any of the games, and 2, made me suspect I wouldn’t really feel welcome there.

E: OK wtf am I doing, I have to get back to writing now. Damn you for bringing this to our attention Coins, I can't tear myself away.

I, too, can only bear to read, let alone enjoy stories when the protagonist is exactly like me.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I want it clarified, Steve has only exclusively written LGBT+ protagonists in his long writing career, and he will strive to hold by that. I care for you, Cystia!

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I wrote a gay romance and will probably win an LGBT themed contest with it. I'm the most inclusive person on this site.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

"Last post I swear"

-Mizal 2017

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Okay, THAT one was my las--FUCK.

THIS one is my last post.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Given the large amount of LGBT+, furries, autistics and others we have here that are normally discriminated against by heteronormative society, I'd say this place is a fucking shining beacon of tolerance.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
COG has a mod literally screen every post to make sure it doesn't contain wrongthink before allowing it through. Tolerance doesn't exist there and I'm not even sure they know what the word means. They strive to be a sci-fi dystopia.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Oh, you're still here? Bad Mizal. BAD Mizal.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
It's not my fault. Willpower was my dump stat. Why can't you be more understanding of my disability? Fuck this site and its toxic environment :(

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I've taken the "Genocide the disabled" point many times before, Miz, and I'll support it again.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
OK last post I swear. Does anyone else get errors with the Wayback Machine when trying to archive COG threads?

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I didn't know he was into doing animals...

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Specifically cat raping. That's like Ryder's primary characteristic. Even over his "I'm going to destroy CYS! MUHAHAHA!" schtick.

He admitted to molesting his cat on several occasions even before he started trolling.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I really hope he was joking, because that's sick.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

How so?

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Here we go again. 

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Well shows over folks, the thread got locked.

I'm proud (and a little surprised) that none of you felt the urge to take Ryder's shit stirring bait. No matter what anyone says, you anarchy loving lot ARE capable of self restraint every once in awhile.

Now carry on with your usual toxic faggotry!

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Why the fuck was it locked? What was so frightening and dangerous about it?

(Ugh and now I'm arguing over Ryder's right to free speech. Jesus...)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Probably got locked for a couple reasons, though I see Ryder linked to your "Don't Get Raped" story and it even got flagged. I imagine that played a part in the thread getting locked.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
I ran excitedly over to see if I had any new reviews, or at least a few new 1/8s, but nothing.

I've never been so disappointed in my life.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Congrats on your "official" 5,000th post. It seems somewhat fitting. :)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
What the hell, really? What am I doing with my life :/

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I believe a sizable portion of your life, maybe 2%, goes to cys.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

This made me happy. ^_^

Edit: At least they called him out on being a troll over there. TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts trolling over there as well, (not that it'd last very long) cheeky

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Unrelated to Ryder's antics, but still related to CoG, I can imagine this person getting banned for 200 years soon.

https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/any-good-free-interactive-sites-or-apps-other-than-choice-of-games/14349/41

In fact, the post will probably just get deleted so I'll just post it here before it does.

AnneR

I don’t understand the obsession with choosing the gender and orientation of the protagonist. At what point does it matter in most of the stories beyond the (usually) shallow romance options? If so much time is spent on the numerous permutations possible doesn’t that mean the story will likely suffer?

Shouldn’t a story in the romance genre and a story in the action genre play at least somewhat differently without attempting to shoehorn action into the romance game or romance into the action game?

A story involving the heir to the throne (for example) SHOULD differ depending on the gender of the protagonist as well as the orientation. Otherwise why bother to create the scenario?

Linearity? Which CoG story is NOT linear? I have yet to see one that doesn’t lead the reader from point A (the start of the story) to part B (the end of the story).

As for ‘try before you buy’, given that many stories barely allow the player to choose the obscurely-explained attributes before asking for money I would wonder at the value of paying for such games, “You’re awakened to the smell of burning wood as you realize the house is on fire. To continue playing please pay $2.99”.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
>2017
>paying for storygames
>no options to play as a quasi-dimensional gender-void demi-queer fox-kin

but muh muhnee ;-;

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
End you must make this person aware we accept refugees here, and quickly.

That's an excellent post though, it's why I've always been annoyed at pronoun swapping standing in for 'choice' and the obligatory shallow romance plots shoehorned in to nearly every COG game, even before I knew how annoying COG itself was.

e: some faggot already like 'wow what a HOSTILE first post I am concerned???'

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Exciting update!

AnneR
5h
This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.
View hidden content.

LOL.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I'm with Mizal in that she sounds like a good recruit for here. Plus, she knows how to use grammar and spelling. Also, this is quite amusing. How DARE she question why there's an option for a bi trans race-neutral furry teenage action hero. :)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

The Cogheads actually defended themselves really well here, and I'd say they're probably right. None of them were against the idea of having stories where you needed a set gender if that mattered. When it comes to stories where that doesn't matter, like egalitarian fantasy worlds or whatever, they're right in the gender or race of the character not needing to matter, and thus the idea that you can choose what pronouns are used certainly doesn't take away from the story, and I suppose adds slightly more customization, however insignificant, so good for them.

They're right in how it's like customizing the appearance of a Skyrim character. Choosing how dark skinned my Orc will be won't have any effect on the story, but I'd prefer to have it then not.

As for the romance, I don't play much COG, so I suppose their might be a point to be made there.

Anyhow, I'll call this the Cogs being reasonable, until the point where they started censoring. But whatever.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Looks like a lot of posts have been added, I'm amazed it hasn't been locked. Couple of the early posters (LordofLA and whine-anout-hostility guy) set a tone of a passive aggressive faggotry, but some normal people appear to have crawled out of the woodwork and haven't been shut down yet. But lol at the guy requesting gay smut and the revelation that a CYOA with four separate paths is considered a phenomenal and excessive thing over there.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
And now an admin has stepped in to add some personal hostility to a discussion that was otherwise reasonably chill. I thought hostile tones were triggering there?

Observing these creatures in their natural habitat is truly fascinating.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Damn that place has changed. I wonder if I should use my years old account with my unpopular opinions. It use to be a much more technical place and not snowflake land. I wonder if the old threads I participated in there got deleted because I KNOW some of them would horrify this group of individuals.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
That's interesting. I never really became aware of the community until they got their current reputation. And it actually used to be worse to the point it was literally impossible for anyone to discuss their story without it being derailed into a gender debate and Iocked.

Hiding/removing posts, multiple century bans etc at the slides gayest misstep are common now. They also do a lot of preemptive locking to threads they think MIGHT at some point potentially lead to someone making an objectionable post. Just to be safe. (From the theoretical possibility of seeing words on their screen.)

In theory it would be great to see CYOAs being financially successful, in practice they tend to be made by ridiculous people, contain few real choices and also apparently fail even at the money-making part.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I know some people still don't know how I didn't get myself banned or even flagged over there, but yeah it was a lot less 1984 over there back in its beginning days.

Probably the worst of the bunch back then was someone called ScarletGeisha (She disappeared though) who would just be the average triggered CoGite nowadays as opposed to one of the REALLY fanatical ones.

The beginning of when it looked like things were really changing over there was when they banned the resident "right wing" guy who often disagreed with a lot of their ideology. (Argued with Geisha a lot actually) Sort of spiraled from there.

There was a guy called Laguz who was basically ScarletGeisha on hormone injections, that was derailing everything into a gender/aspie debate. I believe they actually ended up banning him mainly due to it becoming a real problem with him even attacking other LGBT people for not being fanatical enough, plus his antics were the cause of the genderless robot thread and they probably figured due to all the mockery that incited over here, it might actually be beneficial to NOT have a guy like that as one of their representative members.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Thank you for the history lesson, professor. 

Sounds like an interesting line-up they had there. 

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Yeah I guess like anywhere it really just all comes down to the admins. They've made a conscious decision to keep their forum a climate controlled habitat for delicate babymen and hysterical SJWs and I suppose if your business model involves tapping writers for their essence that makes a certain amount of sense. Far more crazy than not crazy to be found among creative types and so there's more money to be found in driving off normals than the other way around.

Even better if you luck upon equally insane forum mods who find following these people around to change their diapers and burp them and whisper 'there there, dissent doesn't exist here, it was all a bad dream' in a soothing manner to be some kind of rewarding privilege rather than a job.

Assburgers

6 years ago

... Changing the subject again, I just thought I'd share with you guys that I've just discovered that Ryder is the literal definition of Assburgers on Urban Dictionary. ^_^

Spooks making LiveJournal posts about how they have sex with their pets, act shocked when people turn them in to the FBI, and then feign mental defect as an excuse to make their behavior okay.

Dweebs who act shocked and feign mental defect as an excuse after they get banned from Internet forums after making death threats against the forum moderators.

Assburgers

6 years ago
Need to add something about a crippled sense of priorities leading to an inability to learn, change, or move on to that but otherwise yes, it's eerily on point. Maybe those contributors have met him?

Assburgers

6 years ago

It's weird how well that actually describes him. Throw in a Messiah-complex and you've basically got a Ryder. 

Assburgers

6 years ago

I we using Ryder as a descriptor now? For example is it okay to say "That was very Ryder of you" on the forums? Because that probably will make the troll happy.

Assburgers

6 years ago
I don't think he's really capable of happiness in any circumstance tbh.

The entire world, every poster on this forum included is apparently just a mental projection of his, and yet with this godlike control over his perceived reality, his current life as a lonely cat molester and failed wannabe hacker is the best he could come up with. Think about that a moment. LOL.

Assburgers

6 years ago

Hmm... Let's see... "Guys, don't pick on the new kid, he's got Ryder syndrome!" ... Nah, doesn't really inspire sympathy, except for the individual's unfortunate family pets. cheeky

Assburgers

6 years ago

In a way, Ryder has won. If I had a pound for every time I heard that name in this forum...

Assburgers

6 years ago
We have better, more interesting and more effective trolls. Ryder just gets brought up a lot because mental illness is hilarious.

Assburgers

6 years ago

Personally, I think it's the devotion to the cause that impresses me. The million and one alt accounts, the adorable attempts at hacking, the Anonymous style youtube videos, and now, actually taking time out of his day to try and stir up drama with another website that already doesn't like us. That's some real dedication. ^_^

Assburgers

6 years ago
See above: mental illness is hilarious.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
The most important element of a story, before you even get to a plot:

Guy had a few 'misgenderings' in his demo so this has been what most of the thread is about, ending in him apologizing for his story being unintentionally anti-trans.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Wow, this is impressive even for COG. Usually you just get the standard; Male, Female, Trans, Non-binary selection. Actually giving the player the option to choose their own pronouns, the script must be like 90% coding. cheeky

That said, I can't help but find these choices extremely offensive, as they don't include an option for other-kin characters. I mean seriously, how hard is it? "I use woof/howl when it comes to that and my cub calls me Alpha." Seriously, what a bunch of bigots. angry

Edit: Out of curiosity, what game is this?

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
It was called Cuisine something, idk it was a WIP about running a cafe. I didn't look at the demo so no idea how much was put into the actual game part yet as opposed to not making anyone uncomfortable by limiting their gender choices. (Although legitimately don't understand why a trans person wouldn't just prefer to play what they claim they want to be/actually are: aka, a man or a woman...is there now some fetish involved in being trapped and miserable in the wrong body they refuse to escape even in fiction and fantasy?)

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Actually, no. That's the strange part. From what I've seen on COG, people want to be able to choose whether their character is trans, but they don't want that choice to effect the game in any way... Like, if they choose to be a trans-woman, the rest of the game would play out exactly the same as if they're a cis-woman. Any kind of discrimination from bullies or villains in the game is really discouraged, because it might "trigger" people... You know, 'cos all the best villains are super tolerant and inclusive. ^_^

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

and do nothing Evil. Also the sky is full of sunshine and people shit rainbows...Isn't the world wonderful.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Well I can see their point I mean it's not like people read fiction with the expectation it will make them feel things.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

What a bunch of fucking faggots.

Well, at least the lot of them are. I enjoy quite a few Choice of Games games and a few WIPs have piqued my interest, but the people there get so butt hurt so easily that it's just ridiculous.

I actually have an account there (haven't been banned yet), and on one WIP your character is a twin, and someone asked if the twin would always be the same gender as you even if you were trans/non-binary or something similar. So I point out "twins are always of the same gender", then someone else says some bullshit about how gender and sex are different or something. So even the smallest things can be turned into a debate over gender/sexual orientation/some other SJW shit over there.

I mean, I have no problem with LGBT people, but the fact that the most vocal of them are baby back bitches who get triggered over the stupidest shit pisses me the fuck off. CoG is filled with that group and caters to them, and it's just baffling.

TL;DR: Chris has a love hate relationship with Choice of Games.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Twins aren't always the same gender depending on whether or not they are Identical or Fraternal. Identical is a hard no but if they are Fraternal than sure they can be.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Right, in my tiredness I forgot to mention that.

The twin in the WIP was supposed to be an identical twin, IIRC, so of course they'd be the same gender.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I want to learn more about your past, Chris. :l 

6/30/2016 -15

Admin. Penalty - Insulting non-binary people by saying their self image is a mental disorder. I don't care if you believe that, don't say it here.

Is there something you want to tell us, perhaps?  

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Lol. I remember that.

This is another reason why Bad Mod Kiel needed to go. He was trying to turn this place into CoG lite.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

It's a good thing his master plan crumbled all around him, then. There are some who say that you can still hear the hollowed and echoed cries of his co-conspirators in the gallows at night in the CYS kingdom. Really spooky stuff.  

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Meh. What he said couldn't have been that bad, if he only got docked 15 points.

Edit: Actually strike that. I was only docked 10 points for saying that AIDs was God's way of punishing the fags and the niggers. cheeky

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
The points economy was different back then / Bad Mod Kiel wasnt JUST a faggot, but also a pussy who only docked points in small, pointless amounts purely for reasons of pettiness.

Even more of a faggot than previously believed however judging by the reasoning given.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I made a joke about non-binary people being insane, and yep, Kiel docked me points for it.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Shit, I made a joke about Endeavour and Bad Mod Kiel docked me points for it.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

At the risk of being labeled an SJW fag... They were actually right. If you've got two, identical twins, one of them could be a trans-woman and the other could be a cis-male. In fact, it's probably more likely than having both the twins be trans-gender.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Some of the Hosted games are decent but the quality is surprisingly hit and miss for something they demand money for.

I've been browsing the forum again and I think the atmosphere has improved very very slightly? Still too many of the writing topics derailed by gender shit, but, it's not guaranteed to be ALL of them anymore and there are two or three people who seem generally normal.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Generally if you stick to some of the rare non-gender/orientation/race writing related topics, it's usually somewhat bearable. Those are the ones I tend to browse if I'm looking to seriously post anywhere on there.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Yeah, the Cogites were right, dipshit. I mean, it's weird they cared enough about the gender to ask although not surprising, but you're the one who is clearly wrong.

They asked if you were playing a trans character, would your identical twin be the same gender as you. In other words, if you were a male-born girl, would your identical twin be a normal dude? You responding with "Twins are always of the same gender" is clearly wrong, because Laverne Cox had her identical twin brother play her pre-transition in Orange is the New Black, because they're different genders.

So yeah, you can call them bitches, which they are, but this is just an example of you being retarded and not understanding the question.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

It's just occurred to me how much nicer it looks over at CoG, website-wise. Say what you will about their tolerant intolerance and extreme reactions to minor offenses, that's one cracking logo.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Essentially what you just said here is that's it's nice to have lots of money and a dedicated team supporting a website designed this decade. So I doubt anyone's going to argue with that.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Agreed, they do have that going for them. Thank goodness we've got soul, right?

Just a thought, but is there really no one here who could take a crack at the website? To clarify, I'm completely clueless on a very fundamental level when it comes to web design so criticizing the state of things is the very furthest thing from my mind, and I appreciate that time and effort are two very precious things. 

But. That being said. Isn't this the sort of thing that could take on a competition-style, one-improvement-at-a-time sort of doodad? A funky logo here, a page layout there, that sort of thing.

Again, I'm happy with what we've got and it's a great place to be. All I'm suggesting is maybe it's time to browse some new furniture.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
JJJ was nearly done working on a nice clean design for the site and some other updates, but then he tripped and fell down a hole.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I imagine there are probably more than a couple people here that could fix stuff around here if given the chance, the problem is everything has to be accessed directly from alexp along with the various permissions to make any major changes and he tends to be busy.

Currently JJJ’s the only one with that level of clearance and he’s not around much either.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago
Wasn't the situation that changes couldn't be made to CYS without potentially being able to mess with Alex's other sites too? So yes he has a really good reason to be wary about who he allows to do that kind of thing.

Being a bigot is hard work :'(

6 years ago

So... Writing a game on COG is fun! >.<

They've got a competition I'm hoping on entering, and one of the criteria that the judges rate the game on is inclusivity, so I've gone out of my way to make the game as inclusive and politically correct as possible. As such, I've given the player the option to play as one of five genders, male, female, transgender male, transgender female and non-binary. I also presented these options in the most politically correct, inoffensive and uncontroversial way I could think of. The options are:

• I'm a boy.
  • I'm a girl.
  • I was assigned male at birth, but I identify as a girl.
  • I was assigned female at birth, but I identify as a boy.
  • I don't identify as male or female.

Seems pretty PC, right? Nobody's going to be offended by that. ^_^

... Well, apparently, my completely inoffensive options just aren't inoffensive enough. >.<

"Just a suggestion, but for the initial gender choice you may want to consider “I was assigned male at birth, but I’m a girl” and cut the “I identify as” language for trans characters. Similar for non-binary characters – “I’m not a boy or a girl” instead of “I don’t identify as male or female”.
ETA: You also probably want your stats screen to say either:
“Gender: Transgender Male” (if character is trans) vs “Gender: Cisgender Male” (if character is cis)
or just “Gender: Male” (for both).
Instead of “Gender: Transgender Male” (if character is trans) vs “Gender: Male” (if character is cis)"

... ... ... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go and repeatedly bash my head against a wall and wallow in self-loathing for the hateful, intolerant bigot that I am. crying

6 years ago
This is your just punishment for writing on COG in the first place.

I saw that contest but it didn't seem like they gave a lot of time for writing 100000 words, plus scripting for 500 genders. (Inclusivity is only 10% of the rating anyway, why not just save yourself a lot of unnecessary trouble and go with male, female, and genderless robot?)

Unless the idea was that already in progress stories would qualify.

6 years ago

True, very true, it's my own fault for trying not to offend anybody on a site where it's completely impossible not to offend anybody.

To be fair, the guy was actually nice about it and later said that he appreciated that I included the option at all, so that was nice... Still, I do feel like making an effort to be inclusive on COG has a tendency to get you into more trouble than if you didn't make any effort at all.

What frustrates me to no end is that, up until this point, everybody seemed fine with the options as they were. But now that one person has mentioned it, lots of other people are backing him up and suggesting I change them, even though they presumably read the options before and didn't see any problem with them... And from now on, I just know that the entire forum thread is going to be nothing but people trying to convince me to change the options and I really, really don't want to. >.<

6 years ago

It's a hivemind I swear to god.

6 years ago
The other day I played the demo of an official game (a new Choice of thingy, not hosted) where the only options were male and female and the only orientations were gay, straight or ace. So honestly just focus on writing a good story and you should be fine even there, they were charging $7 damn dollars for this thing and it was only a Part 1.

The community is not going to be judging this stuff, only the admims and as complicit as they are in fostering that kind of environment, at the end of the day they have a purer motivation: money.

6 years ago

Everybody likes money. Money is shiny. ^_^

Honestly, one of the reasons I'd prefer to leave the options as they are is that COGs often get a lot of hate and down votes on Google Play from a bunch of the more conservative players. One game in particular has a rather low rating and lots of one star reviews because the game included a non-binary character.

The reviews included such open minded and intellectual opinions as:

"Non binary. You are a boy or a girl. How is this concept so hard to understand. Don't believe this new age propaganda, it's a mental disorder caused by a traumatic event or an imbalance in chemicals in the body. Bad game!"

"You'll only enjoy if you're a brainless sjw robot. The story really feels the need to be politically correct. PS there are only two genders."

"Another sjw trash. From the very start it already force fed me with non-binary gender propaganda garbage. I thought Russians are supposed to be conservative?"

And the extremely insightful:

"The only people who gave this game a 5 star are the creeps who think you can choose your gender. I wish they could stick to the two gender idea. I mean there were no transgender freaks in fairytales."

While I honestly find these triggered conservative snowflakes more annoying than the "Everything is offensive unless it's worded in a REALLY particular way" SJWs, I also don't want to get a bunch of negative reviews and one star ratings that'll most likely affect the sales of the game. Saying, "Non-binary people don't identify as male or female" is an indisputable fact that people can't argue with. cheeky

6 years ago
That's legitimately hilarious and now I'm going to have to add read Google Play reviews of COG games to the end of my already lengthy to do list.

6 years ago

They are fun to read! (Though the guy who pointed out that Russians are supposed to be conservative did have a point. The poor kid would've probably been snatched from his parents and thrown in a padded room for the rest of his life.) cheeky

The game is called Demon Mark: A Russian Saga, if you want to know. I assure you, there's more. ^_^

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

You know what I find really ironic, is that CoG seems really inclusive of everybody, and yet, my autistic friend would probably get banned at the speed of light...

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

No, they seem pretty inclusive of autistic people. I get your point though. Basically, they're really, really, really inclusive and respectful of everyone's opinion... Unless your opinion is different from theirs, then you get banned for 200 years. >.<

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Well you see, he has an IQ of 155, and he's incredibly smart, but he sorta has strong opinions on trans people. Like, along the lines of, "If you have a dick, you're a guy."

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

lol I bet fiddy CYSbucks wizzy's aspie friend took an online IQ test 

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Depends on the autist. A lot of the autist over there seem to also identify as some variation of LGBT so while they tend to still be a bunch of social cripples, their opinion matches the CoG ideology so they're golden.

If you're talking about an autist of the CYS variety like say Danaos, yeah, they're going to get banned.

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

I don't know, that one kid who was constantly ranting about how much he hated all cis people eventually got banned... But that was only for 2 years. cheeky

Ryder on CoG

6 years ago

Just stumbled across this on youtube... It made me happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__l6alNQsnI

I wonder if I can get, "I'm the self-righteous, liberal douchebag, not you!" as my epitaph. ^_^