Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

What is TeV's Teaser Tuesdays?
TeV's Teaser Tuesdays is a thread where I, 31TeV, will post a teaser every Tuesday for an upcoming storygame I'm working on.

That's it? What a pointlessly glorified title for what's essentially you just shitting out a small portion of your storygame every week.
But that's not all. At least one day before every Tuesday, I'll post three potential topics that I could write a teaser on. You, the other members of this site, will be able to vote for which one you’d like to see the most. On the subsequent Tuesday I'll post on the topic which received the most votes.

How do I vote?
Every week when teaser time (Tuesday) nears, I'll write a post with three teaser options, clearly headed by the date for the Tuesday in question. Each option will also state which storygame it'll be teasing. To vote for a teaser option, clearly state which option you'd most like to see a teaser for either in a reply to that post or via PM. Voting will be closed at an arbitrary time on Tuesday, usually when I wake up (bearing in mind my timezone is currently London, so ahead of you Americans). In addition, everybody who votes will receive a Teaser Point.

Oh no, not another one of your bright ideas. Go on then, what are Teaser Points? What do they do? How can I keep track of these points?
Every time you vote for a teaser option, you, as an individual CYS member, will gain a Teaser Point for the storygame in question. Anybody with at least one Teaser Point for a given storygame will be listed in the description/credits as someone who showed interested in and supported the development of the storygame.

The number of Teaser Points will also be displayed along with people's names in the storygame description, so you can use them for bragging rights. If I get round to it, there could potentially be more tangible rewards for high point earners, such as cameo requests, secrets/tips or exclusive content not to be released in the actual storygame itself.

In the case where there are teaser options for multiple storygames, you'll have to decide on one storygame to earn a Teaser Point for, so choose wisely! See the Teaser Points scoreboard below to see how many points each member has and for which storygame (and please don't reply to to that post because I’ll be editing it).

What storygames can we expect to see content on?
Currently, the main storygame I'm working on is the action-packed fantasy adventure Elementium, so mostly that for the time being and the foreseeable future. Expect to see some others every now and again, and more of those after I finish Elementium. For a brief run-down of my planned storygames, see my profile.

What format/style will the teasers be released in?
That really depends on what you, the reader, want to see. I'll tailor the content depending on what gets a lot of votes or seems to get the best feedback. Examples of the kind of content you might get in the teasers:

• breakdown of three major planets Mur, Gul and Tat in Galaxy Tale.
  • elemental magic 101 for budding mages in Elementium.??
  • short snippet of an assassination mission scene from Naruto: Shadow's Dawn.
  • diary entry by Tom Jackson, protagonist of Overlord.
  • opening/prologue of A Day in the Life of TeV.

Why did you decide to start this thread?
I didn't want to start a motivational thread because that would involve me revealing how little progress I'm making. I wanted to encourage myself to write more, but at the same time make it more engaging and entertaining for other users of this site. With the whole Teaser Points thing it adds another layer of motivation, because it would seem unfair to promise putting people in the credits and then not get around to finishing the storygame.

I have feedback/questions regarding your storygames/teasers/all this confusing stuff about Teaser Points. What would be the best way to talk to you about it?
Post away right here on this thread, if you want to! Alternatively, those of you too shy can just PM me. If you're feeling really pussy and wish to remain anonymous, try my ask.fm. It's also a great platform to give me negative feedback about how crap my writing is (or just abuse in general) without revealing yourself. Or you could make your own account so we can ask each other dumb questions.

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

Please DO NOT reply to this post

Teaser Points Scoreboard

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

Teaser Options for Tuesday 17 May 2016

1. mana and magic 101 for budding mages (Elementium)
  2. childhood memory of a camping trip by Kiet, teammate of Sehrrina and Twankil (Elementium)
  3. King Warno's struggle to raise support for the defense of the Kytta Kingdom (Elementium)

Vote for one of the above options by stating which one you’d like to see me write, either in a reply to this post or in a PM. Voting closes at an arbitrary time on the above date, basically when I wake up.

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

Voting is now closed, with a grand total of 0 votes. I suspect the lack of interest is probably to do with the tl;dr factor of the main post and the lack of content on Elementium so far. Hopefully if I keep writing these every week, they will garner more attention. I'll work hard until senpais notice me! Ganbarimasu! <3

I've picked an option using a random number generator, and I'm pleased to say that it was the one I was most looking forward to write. Expect a short piece to be posted in the next few hours.

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

... In any case, I would have voted #1 (had I seen this sooner)

TeV's Teaser Tuesdays

7 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't award Teaser Points after voting has closed. But I appreciate the interest. That option will probably come back at some point in the future, because it's such a fundamental part of magic use in this universe.

EDIT: Having said that, in the next few weeks I will probably shift the focus of this thread to my contest story, School Zero. Elementium can wait until after.

EDIT EDIT: I'm going to leave that Elementium teaser be for now, and concentrate entirely on School Zero for now. The contest story is more urgent. I'll update this thread next Tuesday with School Zero teasers.